Old 27-07-2004, 08:18 AM   #1   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
An apology

Well, I finally got to the end of the series......

And may I say it has been a while since I emerged from a series with a sense of satisfaction and the thought that I had just watched something great.

Yes, I LOVED it! Whilst there were some moments where my interest waned and my doubts active, I feel glad to have stuck by this series and I feel proud to have the box set present on the shelf.
(Mind you, it's probably just as well that I did end up liking this series because hating it won't bring back the $250 I withdrew from my bank account)

So, I take back every bad thing I may have said about this series and apologise for anything I may have said that offended Escaflowne's many fans.
Whilst I have said some things here at AB I may have regretted I felt this instance was worthy enough of an apology.

Sorry.

The only thing that bothers me is thought on just how many yaoi fanfics the series must of inspired. Scary........
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 08:24 AM   #2   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
$250 bucks? ouch i will get the box set for under $140.

Yeah i was pretty worried the first 15 minutes intot he first ep when i first saw it but it does get better and ends strong.

ATh
ATh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 11:13 AM   #3   [permalink]
Escaflowne Chick
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to Escaflowne Chick
Originally Posted by Spike 558
The only thing that bothers me is thought on just how many yaoi fanfics the series must of inspired. Scary........
lol, yes there are quite a few. Some are just plain stupid but there are some very well done yoai fics out there.

~e*c~
hitomi wo tojireba...
Escaflowne Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 12:10 AM   #4   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
Originally Posted by ATh
$250 bucks? ouch i will get the box set for under $140.

Yeah i was pretty worried the first 15 minutes intot he first ep when i first saw it but it does get better and ends strong.

ATh
Oh yes, the first ep in retrospect is a lot better when your not worried about whether or not the whole series will be like this.
Old 28-07-2004, 02:30 AM   #5   [permalink]
Lengis
Forum Junkie

That's 250$ well spent my friend.

"This one is called Vegeta's Big Bang Attack BIGGU BUNG ATTACKYA!!"
Lengis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 03:12 AM   #6   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I'm glad you enjoyed the series, never knew you said anything bad about the Escaflowne series ..?
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 11:22 AM   #7   [permalink]
sidewinder
Forum Addicted

yay! happy dance time!

vBulletin Message:
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 09:36 PM   #8   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
Ouch... I got the entire DVD set of Escaflowne (official release) for around $70 (used, but in perfect condition). Just have to keep an eye out for deals...

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you ended up enjoying the series, Spike. Escaflowne is definitely one of my favorite anime series and I have always thought it to be an incredible one. Glad to see another skeptic has been converted

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2004, 02:41 AM   #9   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

You started watching the series for all the wrong reasons.

I watch something because I want to or can, not because a bunch of elisist morons at an anime club think that I am a loser for not watching something.

How were the extras on the dvds anyway? Don't really feel like buying the series unless it's under $150 AUS for now since I've had it on vcd for ages and I really don't like the english dub (which is one of the main reasosn I buy dvds)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2004, 07:06 PM   #10   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
At least I ended up enjoying it.....

The extras were fairly standard for a Madman DVD: Textless openings/closings, production sketches and trailers.
However, they also came with a feature entitled 'Club Escaflowne' which was a series featuring crew interviews and the cast interacting with each other to amusing effect
The final DVD however had footage of the Playstation game, The movie trailer and a performance video.
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #11   [permalink]
MerleFan

Quote:
elisist morons at an anime club
HAHAHA....ah there are so many of those, and they are always unintentionally amusing.

I can see them now....

"Are you kidding?!?!!? You haven't seen Escaflowne?!?!!? What is the matter with you, man?!? That show is like everything that matters in life, so there is no excuse for not having seen it. We hold discussion on anime on our forum every night for hours and YOU have missed out! Dont even talk to us until you have seen it!"
MerleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #12   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I've actually never been to an anime club but if a group of fags tryed to push an anime on me I'll push my fist into their face
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote