Old 17-01-2004, 06:08 PM   #16   [permalink]
daniel480
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to daniel480
The way I see it is, the Escaflowne story is wrapped up and has finished. It did so very nicely as well, giving a sense of completeness or resolution. Any attempt to "extend" off of this ending seems to me is just too redundant. Maybe if they had set up a decent situation as to branch off to, it would be feasible, however, since they had ended the series with the intention of ending it, it just isn't set up for that sort of sequel. As for a prequel, there would be some difficulty as Van and Hitomi don't start off together, so it would be rather strange to talk completely about the life of Hitomi before Van or likewise. The only thing to me that they can do logically would be to add in fillers or the 13 possibly deleted episodes, but this isn't going to happen, sadly.

Got a problem? Need Help?
PM a moderator today and get the service you deserve!

Escaflowne | Gundam | Initial D | Rurouni Kenshin | Trigun | Weiß Kreuz

"You want to try me...?"
- Hatake Kakashi

daniel480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:19 AM   #17   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami-X
i think a whole new escaflowne series would be neat, not based off old characters and storylines, but something new. something along the lines of those pesky final fantasy games, but not with so many darned series! 10 is pushing it, 11 is overboard etc...

Tsunami-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 11:16 AM   #18   [permalink]
Ishara chan

There pretty much -is- a sequel because they screwed up the manga for the anime so much. The movie was also a completely different retelling, but at least it was better and kept the same characters, and kept them in the same state of living, whether they were alive or dead!
Old 18-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #19   [permalink]
Lady Fanel
Forum Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Fanel
I agree completely with Ekaterini, but if they were to make a sequel, I think they should make it set a few years in the future when Hitomi and Van were older. Don't know how the plot would go with no Zaibach and all, but it could be interesting.
Lady Fanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 12:25 AM   #20   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Originally Posted by Lady Fanel
Don't know how the plot would go with no Zaibach and all, but it could be interesting.
Another kingdom wanting to rule all of Gaea (sp?) or some neo Zaibach kingdom ..
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #21   [permalink]
Ishara chan

Originally Posted by Lady Fanel
I agree completely with Ekaterini, but if they were to make a sequel, I think they should make it set a few years in the future when Hitomi and Van were older. Don't know how the plot would go with no Zaibach and all, but it could be interesting.
All it would be is a love story, and it would lose the complete awesomeness of a more violent base.
Old 20-05-2004, 12:08 PM   #22   [permalink]
Ekaterini
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Ishara chan
All it would be is a love story, and it would lose the complete awesomeness of a more violent base.
Depending on how the love story was handled, I could take it...

Whatever the new conflict though, it would have to develop again to a Gaia-wide level, otherwise the series will seem less important than the first series. Unless I suppose the story delved so deeply into the characters and portrayed their new problem with such style that it left as much impact on the viewer as the first. That would require new material however, since we've already learned quite a bit about the current characters, thus requiring the new series to take place a considerable way into the future.

It might end up a lot like the Record of Lodoss War TV series; a new young couple emerging and stealing the limelight. Some people might like that, and others might resent it.

Last edited by Ekaterini; 20-05-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Ekaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:33 PM   #23   [permalink]
The Great One
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to The Great One
I think it is fine the way it is... I don't think any more animated sequels are in order.. I mean, it'll run the risk of ruining something so great like the original Escaflowne. Remember, not all sequels live up to their senior....
Old 12-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #24   [permalink]
Pheonix 08

There has to be a sequel i mean the way the series ended i was POd. I was watching an interview with some of the makers of escaflowne. They said that they would rather not have a sequel just because they would not know how to start it. The makers said that they would make a sequel if the Fans demanded for it enough. A prequel would be nice to with how Zibach. The Makers of Escaflowne said that at the start of the project there was only going to be 26 episodes anyway. I would really like to see Van and Hitomi to get together. well thats all i have to say for now anyway.
~peace out yall~
Pheonix 08 is offline   Reply With Quote