Old 20-05-2003, 12:49 AM   #31   [permalink]
Mad Hellian
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Mad Hellian Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Hellian
Quote:
Originally posted by Lengis
I liked the movie, but there was defintely room for improvement. More Guymelf battles would have been amazing. The new plot was kinda thin, but they really didn't need to add so much more dialouge to create such a new plot. Give us the basics (we already saw the series), and then advance the plot with guymelef battles. Battles on horses aren't exactly interesting.

Also more changes,

The movie has different Floating Fortresses, and they are loaded with heavy artillery. Allen also had some artillery. In the series, I dont recall a single piece of artillery or any guns.

Also the guymelefs are called, "Armor" in the movie.
Bravo Lengis, Bravo

Someone who doesn't completely try and disect the movie just because it was shorter then the series.

I'd like more 'Melef battles myself, but I look at this way, we want Mecha fights we might as well stick to Gundam or some other mecha anime.

Only thing I really didn't like about the movie is how most of the Abaharaki are always smiling...reminds me of the Black Hole Sun music video
Mad Hellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2003, 10:41 AM   #32   [permalink]
Ekaterini
Forum Junkie

Actually, I much prefer horseman battles and human (or anthro, etc) swordfights to mecha battles. ^^; Fights in machines tend to bore me; it's not personal enough. But I enjoyed the fact that the 'melefs looked more like knights' armor than gundams.
Ekaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2003, 03:00 PM   #33   [permalink]
Mad Hellian
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Mad Hellian Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Hellian
Quote:
Originally posted by Ekaterini
Actually, I much prefer horseman battles and human (or anthro, etc) swordfights to mecha battles. ^^; Fights in machines tend to bore me; it's not personal enough. But I enjoyed the fact that the 'melefs looked more like knights' armor than gundams.
Ditto to that whole post except for the machine fighting boredom, I enjoy them as long as they're well done animation and choreography wise.
Mad Hellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:30 AM   #34   [permalink]
Majin LinK
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Majin LinK
I thought the movie was alright becuase of a few reasons, I love the music and I do think them movie is better in some ways than the TV series, the movie only has a focus on Van and Hitomi unlike the TV series where you curtinly didn't get the same bond between untill the end of the series.

I apprecaite on the what the movie and tv series tries to focus on, such as the movie is or what I think it really is a music, visual based movie and since it's very different to TV series and I support it all the way because I think thats what the directors wanted to do somthing different from the TV series which has have a lot of character development of Hitomi, Van, Folken and Allen.

Two very different sources of Vision of Escaflowne and both I support in everyway. Movie is Fan based and the TV series is an anime series which can probably be more enjoyable to a larger audience.
Majin LinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 10:45 AM   #35   [permalink]
Ekaterini
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Majin LinK
Two very different sources of Vision of Escaflowne and both I support in everyway. Movie is Fan based and the TV series is an anime series which can probably be more enjoyable to a larger audience.
I agree.
Ekaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 11:41 PM   #36   [permalink]
Lady Fanel
Forum Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Fanel
I second that.
Lady Fanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:30 PM   #37   [permalink]
death
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to death
Sounds correct to me. Thoughon thing to remember is that there were many disgruntled fans at the movie...

BUt who really cares about them anyway? I liked it and thats what matters to me.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 02:03 AM   #38   [permalink]
FayeFayeV
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to FayeFayeV Send a message via AIM to FayeFayeV Send a message via MSN to FayeFayeV Send a message via Yahoo to FayeFayeV
I liked both, and well...that's that.
FayeFayeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #39   [permalink]
warlock
Executive Member

Just seen the movie a couple of months ago! Yup for one thing, the presentation of the characters was really rushed, the other characters somehow ended up like props! Princess Malerna for one was like there because she was present in the series. She didn't played any significant role in the movie!

Another thing that bothered me was, why Folken killed his parents and destroyed his whole country! I still don't see any valid reason except for some kind of desperate suicidal wish or the "This life sucks so lets destroy the whole world" way of thinking! I think what he needed was some series of sessions with a Psychiatrist!!!

One thing that I love about the movie is the ending wherein Hitomi who was being called the Wing Goddess was finally justified!!!

Last edited by warlock; 30-12-2005 at 02:19 PM.
warlock is offline   Reply With Quote