Old 21-11-2005, 03:19 AM   #1   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

How did you find out about this series?

How did you? I remember after I got my first paycheck ever I looked at all of the anime DVDs that there out on animenetwork. This series stood out to me because of the weird name, and the box art was like wtf to me. Luckily I chose a good series and didn't end up choosing a bad one. This is the same way how I found Gasaraki, and it ended up being a good series too (haven't seen it all though ;_; ).

This is a serious question though, as that I'd never expect that so many people had seen this series and that AB would actually have a forum (we don't even have pokemon here! ). I'll be really surprised if this series selled well.

Last edited by hakai; 21-11-2005 at 03:21 AM.
hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #2   [permalink]
GetterRobo

I was 8 and I bought this old video game magazine. It dosen't print any more but it talked about new video games, japanese games, and anime. It was around 1998 when there weren't as much new video game news going around.

They were reviewing the final dvd of the evangelion series, gatchman, armageddon, and key to the metal idol.

So many years later I saw it again on a list of anime on Amazon.com but I didn't buy it because I wanted to buy the Pilot Candidate dvds.

Then I used Blockbuster online and saw the series... That was in 2005, fun times, fun times.
GetterRobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 07:03 AM   #3   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Tis was good times. That was the summer all I did was stay up all night and watch anime. Note that that was in 2003 and I still haven't gotten the last DVD. I just hope to god that can still get it at a retailer.

LOL, I liked Pilot Candidate too. Definitely doesn't help to try to compare it to NGE.
hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #4   [permalink]
GetterRobo

Pilot Candidate was underrated. It was a work of art and deserved a second season. It had a worst final ending then Season 1 AND 2 of Big O
GetterRobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #5   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Damn, I gotta check these forums more often.

I don't know if PC was a work of art, but I love the series for what it was, and didn't judge it by comparing it to other series. I agree with you that it should of had another season, as I enjoyed the character development in the series.