anime308

prg to burn .ogg video to dvd readible format

in other word a program that con convert.ogg to other video formats

preferably free

HELP???????
Old 23-04-2005, 07:28 PM   #2   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

I like VirtualDubMOD. As the title suggests, it's a modified version of the ever-popular Virtual Dub program. This version has filters to handle some video formats the original never could (like OGM and Matroska). The only problem I have with it is that I can't seem to figure out how to select the audio stream of my choice, like if I'm converting OGM to AVI. You have to extract the wav audio and then use the original Virtual Dub to load the video and Wav audio source, and save it as a new file. It doesn't take long, but it is a small hassle.

In the video menu, select Direct Stream Copy (unless you want to encode to MPEG or something). This will take the already-encoded video and just keep it as it is, no recompressing, no quality degradation. Great if you want to convert between video formats that support the same codecs like Divx.
Old 24-04-2005, 01:00 AM   #3   [permalink]
anime308

thanks ill try
Old 05-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #4   [permalink]
anime308

can't seem to do it i think i am stupid
Old 06-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #5   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

If you downloaded VirtualdubMOD, click on the "Video" menu, where you can select how the program will handle the video file for re-encoding. Default is "Full Processing", I think, but one of the options is "Direct Stream Copy", which will just send the video stream to another file without changing any of it. After selecting "Direct Stream Copy", click "File", and choose to save as an AVI file. My experience with this program has shown that it usually won't put the audio stream in the avi file, don't ask me why, I have no idea. You have to click on the "Streams" menu, it will list all audio streams and even subtitle files if they're there. As for the audio, you have to figure out whether the audio you want is the first or second stream (the first stream is the one that plays by default when you run the video file). After you know which one you want, right click on it, and select "Full processing mode", then click on the button that says "Save to wav" (or something like that).

**Note: You can right click on the audio stream and change settings for what bitrate the wav file is encoded at, and such.

After you have your video file (minus audio) and you wav file, open the original Virtual dub program ("File" menu), load the avi file. In the audio menu, select "Wav Audio", and select the wav file you just made. In the "Video" menu, select "Direct Stream Copy" and then go to the "File" menu, select to save the avi file. You have to pick a filename different than the one you're using of course. Since it doesn't have to recompress the video, it won't take too long. The resulting file will have the exact same video quality as your original file. The only problem is that your file will have uncompressed wav audio, making it bigger in size. I haven't spent much time trying to get VirtualDub (the original one) to use a different format of audio instead of just Wav, but I'm sure it can be done. As for subtitles, I don't know anything about it, but you could probably use another program to hard code it onto your avi file when you're done, or maybe there's a filter for VirtualDub or something. That's about all I know about it, hope it helps.