Old 23-04-2001, 05:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
7thKeeper
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to 7thKeeper Send a message via AIM to 7thKeeper Send a message via Yahoo to 7thKeeper
I'd like everyone to share what are the best darkfics they've ever read. Doesn't matter what series it is. Also please post links to those fics here if you have them since I'd probably want to read them.

I'd say the both the best that I've read are Ranma fics called "I'll Met by Starlight" and "The Bitter End". Both are great fics of different sorts. I'll post links here as soon as I find them. Anyone who likes dark-fics, you will want to read these.
7thKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2001, 07:39 PM   #2   [permalink]
Katfum
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Katfum
Yeah, those are both great fics.

On the Eva side, there are two stories, by the same author, I believe, that absolutely define 'dark.' The first, 'Damnation,' shows Shinji gaining a glimpse of hope, then having his father steal it away, leaving him with a truly disturbing ending, as well as highlighting the darker sides of the rest of the cast. The other "Symphony for the Devil" shows us a world where the series ended, but Third Impact never happened. Shinji, along with the Suzaharas, goes on a trip to see what has happened to the rest of the cast. Sometimes, the ending just doesn't come up roses, no matter how hard we try...

You should be able to find both at Rakna's Archive.

"A hero is not someone who stands and fights. A hero is someone who says 'I will not be a party to this' and walks away." -Marathon: Rubicon

No side.
Katfum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2001, 03:57 AM   #3   [permalink]
Dryden-san
Forum Elite

"Suicide Blast" by Keener Barnes. Hands down, the best Ranma darkfic I've ever read, and one of the few examples of darkfic that I actually like.
Dryden-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 01:43 AM   #4   [permalink]
mousse69

Send a message via ICQ to mousse69 Send a message via AIM to mousse69
i saw an eva one that i like to this day. its where asuka gets a gun a blows misato away then puts the gun to the bottom of shinji's head (like what misato did to that dude elling him not to take it seriously)kissed him,then blew his brains out. i loved it. the irony of it all.
Old 01-05-2001, 12:18 PM   #5   [permalink]
Ryoma
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Ryoma
Quote:
Originally posted by mousse69
i saw an eva one that i like to this day. its where asuka gets a gun a blows misato away then puts the gun to the bottom of shinji's head (like what misato did to that dude elling him not to take it seriously)kissed him,then blew his brains out. i loved it. the irony of it all.
That one is "Asuka's Got A Gun."
Isamu1122 [12:35 AM]: I know, I'm not trying to bag her, but it would be worth seeing the dejected looks on the others after I did bag her
Akerman [12:35 AM]: Yes, that would be worth it.
Akerman [12:35 AM]: Its funny...
Isamu1122 [12:35 AM]: I'm just full of quotes tonite
Isamu1122 [12:36 AM]: almost as good as ordering a cheeseburger without cheese and a hamburger with cheese, then complaining that the burgers are mixed up and you got a hamburger and a cheeseburger instead
Akerman [12:36 AM]: Now thats a good one too...
Ryoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 12:46 PM   #6   [permalink]
random1377
Forum Elite

Location: In a dark, angsty corner, loathing myself for all my failures.
Send a message via ICQ to random1377 Send a message via AIM to random1377 Send a message via Yahoo to random1377
The best EVA darkfic I've read is called "The will to survive", about a school trip gone horribly wrong... and the truth behind unit 01 going berserk.

It can be found on Fanfiction.net, author is Rhine I believe.
Old 01-05-2001, 05:05 PM   #7   [permalink]
The cruel angel's thesis
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to The cruel angel's thesis Send a message via AIM to The cruel angel's thesis Send a message via Yahoo to The cruel angel's thesis
The best darkfic I've read so far is an EVA one called "come sweet death" It's short, but really leaves an impact. It's over at fanfiction.net.
Old 05-05-2001, 01:49 AM   #8   [permalink]
mousse69

Send a message via ICQ to mousse69 Send a message via AIM to mousse69
Quote:
Originally posted by The cruel angel's thesis
The best darkfic I've read so far is an EVA one called "come sweet death" It's short, but really leaves an impact. It's over at fanfiction.net.
i just read it. wow.