Old 18-03-2002, 09:14 PM   #1   [permalink]
Erik
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Erik Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Shadow Man 2 Ad Campaign

: I can't believe it...look at this story from Gamespot,about the new and incredibly weird advertising campaign that's apparently gonna be used for promotion of the new Shadow Man game.

Quote:
Says Gamespot:
Acclaim Entertainment has announced that advertisements for its game Shadow Man: 2econd Coming for the PlayStation 2 are set to appear on gravestones across the UK as part of the first advertising campaign to use memorial plaques as part of a marketing strategy. The company is inviting relatives of the recently deceased to contact them if they are interested in subsidizing the costs associated with death in return for a small advertisement promoting the game with lead character Mike LeRoi's head and the logo as seen in the photo attached to this story.

Shaun White, communications manager at Acclaim said, "The concept of what we're calling 'deadvertising' is entirely consistent with the theme of the Shadow Man: 2econd Coming game and provides us with a permanent presence for our advertising. Content and context are two important principles of marketing Shadow Man."

The company is expecting a lot of interest. Interested persons who have recently lost a relative can get in touch with Acclaim at shadowman@acclaimworld.com. The company is also emphasizing the fact that advertising on gravestones falls outside of codes of conduct and regulations of any formal advertising bodies.
Story

I can't believe they're actually doing something like that Oo; They say they are expecting people to be interested in that? Hmmm....for some reason I sorta doubt it,sure it'd cover the cost of their death....but still :

Last edited by Erik; 18-03-2002 at 09:32 PM.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2002, 10:33 PM   #2   [permalink]
The cruel angel's thesis
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to The cruel angel's thesis Send a message via AIM to The cruel angel's thesis Send a message via Yahoo to The cruel angel's thesis

If this isn't proof that morality as a whole is gone, I don't know what is.
Old 19-03-2002, 02:04 PM   #3   [permalink]
Erik
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Erik Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Quote:
Originally posted by The cruel angel's thesis
I don't know what is.
Maybe if they dressed the corpse in promotional Shadow Man 2 clothing?
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote