Old 05-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #391   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

Still Naruto and Gantz, on episode 63 of naruto and episode 13 of Gantz.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #392   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Send a message via AIM to Zachalmighty Send a message via MSN to Zachalmighty
Originally Posted by Gundam_pilot01
Still Naruto and Gantz, on episode 63 of naruto and episode 13 of Gantz.
Theres alot of episodes out already. I guess your taking you time?
Awake me not: Hush, whisper low
Zachalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #393   [permalink]
Nokari
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Coign
Nothing. Everything I /was/ watching, I now read. Everything out recently just feels so lacklustre; hard to keep interest.
Then if you haven't read it already, you sir need to see Monster
Old 05-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #394   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
I've read it already.
Coign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #395   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Avenger Eps 1-13: I picked up this title on a whim, i.e., it was cheap, all 13 episodes for less than 15.., it's a rather odd show.., I love the character designs, the storyline is intriguing, the music is downright weird (my hubby thought I was watching a Bollywood movie when he heard the opening theme!), & the apocalyptic setting reminded me of Fist of the North Star; FotNS had exploding heads & outrageous violence so it had a certain kind of silly charm..., Avenger is souless, primarily due to the fact that the execution of the series sucks.., there is minimal character development (criminal for a 13 episode series IMO), & the plot is shallow.., the main character is supposed to be this bad ass female gladiator, which is cool, & tonnes of fight scenes would have made this an okay show, but it doesn't have that many battles.., it has lots of pointless narrative instead, which is a great pity coz I really liked the animation & the main character.., a wasted opportunity IMHO..,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #396   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

Originally Posted by Zachalmighty
Theres alot of episodes out already. I guess your taking you time?
Ish

I'm up to episode 101 now, just waiting for the rest to arrive now, I know its on about 183 and still going so I got a way to go
Old 12-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #397   [permalink]
ngoun

Initial D 4th Stage
Kage Kara Mamoru
Aria: The Animation
Aria: The Natural
xxxHOLiC
ngoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #398   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Haibane Renmei Eps 1-13 : the US boxset arrived the other day & I watched the show over two days.., I knew nowt about the series, but I was very pleasantly surprised.., in some ways, I felt that if Studio Ghibli had ever released a TV series, Haibane Renmei would have been it (though it is darker than most of Ghibli's output).., there is no violence, no over-the-top comedy or battles, in fact there is very little 'action' in it what so ever, but the character development & intriguing storyline shines through.., definately one of the better character & plot driven anime series I've seen as of late.., and I liked the music too, particulary the opening theme; it reminded me so much of the music from Ghibli movies, that I had to check to see if Joe Hisaishi was the composer..,
Great series IMO, though it's not a series that will appeal to all anime fans as the lack of 'action' may bore some people..,

Old 15-05-2006, 04:26 AM   #399   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Viewing

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
Eureka Seven

Finished

Mai Otome (this made gundam seed destiny look like a good sequel)

On hold

GunXSword

I think Macross 1-2 were the first two anime eps I've watched in a few months.. been going thourgh 2-3 months of nothing and then I'll watch a whole series over a few dyas :\

World of Warcraft takes up alot of my comp time as well... die twin emps!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #400   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

Just finished watching Gantz, was a bit suprised witht the last few episodes, not sure on what to think of the ending of it though, not bad overall.

Got my hands on Naruto episodes 101-150, so I'll be good for a while
Old 16-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #401   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Virus Buster Serge Eps 1-12: This has been sat on the shelf for well over 3 years & I finally watched it all the way through last night.., for a show that came out in the late 90's, it looks like it's come out of the 80's design wise.., it reminded me a lot of Bubblegum Crisis 2032-33 & AD Police.., & the story takes ideas from the other two shows too (& ideas from GitS as well).., the main thing I despised about this show was the character designs.., they are so ugly! I am not a fan of bishonen & all the male leads look bishie & since the plot & character development wasn't all that great, it was a bit of a chore watching this show.., the music is nothing to write home about.., & the plot gets rather incoherant towards the end.., an average & rather generic series...,

*looks at how many posts I've made in this thread lately* Ya know.., I've watched more new anime in the past 4 months than I have in the previous two years..,

Old 16-05-2006, 09:35 AM   #402   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Originally Posted by EVA fiend
Read or Die OAV - I really like this silly show, & I'd love to see the TV series, but at around US$150 for the boxset, it's gonna have to wait till I get the cheaper boxsets on my want's list first.., ^_^;;
Yeah I liked the OAV myself because it was so ridiculous though I hear the TV series isn't as good which is disappointing. Part of me wonders if they had more evil clone geniuses riding around on giant insects and using steam powered weapons in the TV series.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #403   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Karas ...

Looks interesting ... good use of hybrid cg work ... a bit confusing because the the creators put the viewer in the middle of things to start ouf with with a slow trickle of explanation and narrative to gradually fill out the picture ...

Sam
Old 17-05-2006, 01:21 AM   #404   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
None for right now. But I wish I can watch .Hack//Roots.
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #405   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Boogiepop Phantom Eps 1-12: Yet another series that has been sat on my shelf for ages.., it's one of those series that you have to concentrate on to get all the subtle hints & clues of the plot.., very odd show, one that I still haven't quite wrapped my mind around yet, reminded me of Serial Experiments: Lain for some reason (another show that I've yet to watch all the way through).., I like Boogiepop Phantom though, I haven't seen many horror/psychological drama anime & the way the story & the plot was presented was very cleverly implemented.., need to watch it again I think, just to clear up a few questions.., ^_^;

Originally Posted by Project Akira
Yeah I liked the OAV myself because it was so ridiculous though I hear the TV series isn't as good which is disappointing. Part of me wonders if they had more evil clone geniuses riding around on giant insects and using steam powered weapons in the TV series.
I have no idea dude.., I wasn't going to buy the R.O.D. TV series at all, coz I had read online that the characters in the OAV were not in the TV series.., that info was misleading though, so I've ordered it & it rates as the most expensive boxset that I've bought.., hope it's at least entertaining if nothing else.., ^_^;;