Old 25-03-2003, 03:21 PM   #1   [permalink]
Nilrem
Executive Member

Anyone else get the new Tenchi DVD's?

I finally got round to importing Tenchi Muyo on DVD this week with the new release DVD's

It's much nicer watching it unedited and fullscreen (there are a lot of jokes that got edited out of the series on CNX in the U.K.).
Not to mention finally getting to see the proper ending for the episodes (Ryo-Ohki growing the carrot)

The only minor annoyance is that I got the coins with DVD's 2-4 but not DVD 1 (No Ryoko coin ).
Mind you i'm not too fussed, just suprised that i didn't get that one considering i got the other 3 (and all 4 DVD's were bought/shipped at the same time)
Nilrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2003, 10:28 PM   #2   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Are these any different than those in the 2 DVD box set?
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2003, 03:55 PM   #3   [permalink]
Lordbryn
Forum Junkie

I have the Ultimate Tench Muyo collection, the 3 disk set. The series is on 2 DVD's and the 3rd disk is the Tenchi Encyclopedia full of some interesting stuff. (Not counting the interview with the VA of Sakuya from Tenchi in Tokyo, ugh)
Old 27-03-2003, 09:29 PM   #4   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Quote:
Originally posted by Lordbryn
I have the Ultimate Tench Muyo collection, the 3 disk set. The series is on 2 DVD's and the 3rd disk is the Tenchi Encyclopedia full of some interesting stuff. (Not counting the interview with the VA of Sakuya from Tenchi in Tokyo, ugh)
Yes, that's what I have. But the value of the third DVD is somewhat specious, so I just counted the disks with the actual episodes.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:34 PM   #5   [permalink]
richjd
Executive Member

The episodes are exactly the same as the ultimate boxed set. I don't know if it was just me but the quality of picture in the new release did seem to be a little grainier (especially in Ep. 1). Of course you don't get all of the cool extras that are on the third disk of the ultimate boxed set. Pretty much all you get are some character sketches.Natrually, Ep. 13.5 is on there for those who know where to find it, but it is still "hidden". Pretty much all your getting is more disks and coins (but I really like the coins).

The only reason I actually got the four disk set was because I listen the old proverb about not putting all of your eggs in one basket. Ever since my Princess Mononoke DVD mysteriously started screwing up, I've been concerned about my Tenchi treasures. I just feel a little more secure having the episodes spread out over more disks.

I'm an angel of mercy, Tenchi. .......

Let's Shake the dew off this lilly.
richjd is offline   Reply With Quote