Old 30-06-2005, 12:47 AM   #1   [permalink]
Magicfangirl
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magicfangirl
Tenchi's final choice (new series mild spoilers?)

I know I said final but he never really did choose in the first place? (I don't count Tokyo.)

This long post is going to go on about why Tenchi's choice shouldn't be the new girl. It'll take me a while to get to my point but I like being dramatic.

I always had a feeling if Tenchi had to choose it be Ryoko. But with this series I just don't know. Yes, it's only been three episodes but I truly don't have an opinion where the relationships are going yet.
Ever sense Tenchi 'ended' about two-three years ago (or whenever the last episode of Tenchi in Tokyo aired) I got on with my life. Finally!
A few months ago the love for the series I put behind me ALL came back as soon as I heard of the new series in the makes. And that Tenchi would CHOOSE someone. And not just going to choose that! He's going to MARRY her too.
For those of you who remember me I've been rooting for Ryoko from the start. But it had been two-three years sense watching the series so when I heard about him having a fiancee in this I thought I'd grown up and could handle Tenchi choosing someone other then my Ryoko.
But...NO.

My love for Ryoko aside...most importantly: If Tenchi chooses someone NEW, this new girl Noike, that would be completely forsaking all the fans that loved this series (or preferably fans of Tenchi and Ryoko/Aeka/Sasami/Blah) for so many years. Adding this new girl and Tenchi CHOOSING her? All that time arguing over will it be Ryoko or Aeka? Completely wasted breathing time.
I can handle Tenchi blushing when Noike's boobs are almost pressing against his face. I can handle Tenchi blushing at Noike clad only in a robe. Or maybe him even rescuing her (you know this is going to happen) and them sharing a 'moment'. Perhaps a kiss? I'd need to be sadated but I probably could handle that. But him choosing her?

That is just a kick in the face.

Last edited by Magicfangirl; 30-06-2005 at 01:01 AM.
Magicfangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #2   [permalink]
M.O.M.O

Send a message via AIM to M.O.M.O Send a message via Yahoo to M.O.M.O
Ryoko, I hope it is her who gets Tenchi. I mean look at the last episode of "TIT", they shared a 'moment' don't you think? If some new b***h comes along and gets him I.WILL.KILL.KAJISHIMA.MASAKI. KILL HIM DEAD! Wait, that was redundent...
Old 30-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #3   [permalink]
Magicfangirl
Forum Addicted

XD Ryoko and Tenchi always shared the most moments. <3

Watanabe helped direct this series. If he gave the OKAY to him ending up with someone other then Ryoko or Aeka (...though Ryoko would make me cry tears of joy) I will be PISSED.
Old 30-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
HAHAHA!!! Right now, I think it's between Aeyeka and Ryoko as far as whom Tenchi would choose. Those are the only two girls that really vie for Tenchi's affection and what-not. Personally, I would love to see him with Ryoko. She understands him alot more on a personal level that any of the other girls. Also, she seems more "normal" at times as well when Tenchi and her are alone. Well, it will probably be awhile before he makes his choice.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:19 AM   #5   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Sorry, Tenchi doesn't really choose anyone at the end of the 3rd OVA, and more questions are raised, which means there might be a 4rth OVA. Noike is...potentially dangerous, at least if my theory about her is correct. I don't think she WANTS to be dangerous, but as someone who has connections to Lady Seto (who quite Frankly I think is damn suspicious) and Kagato, well...

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #6   [permalink]
M.O.M.O

Send a message via AIM to M.O.M.O Send a message via Yahoo to M.O.M.O
Animenation News - Tenchi seeks answers from his past while Ryoko faces the present head on. But the gang's world gets turned upside-down when they receive a strange visitor. After composing himself, Tenchi discovers that the mysterious visitor is not his mom, but a long, lost sister who has come to inform him of his arranged marriage and, more importantly, his new fianc=E9e, Noike. While Ryoko, Ayeka, and the others are disputing this, Tenchi leaves to work in the fields, where he unknowingly meets his bride to be. When Tenchi collapses from exhaustion, Washu gives him a prescription for three days of complete rest and relaxation! Now, with Tenchi confined to his bed, Noike must find a way to rally the girls into helping out around the house! After proving herself to him and his friends, will Noike finally be the girl Tenchi chooses?

If Tenchi knows what is good for him, he will drop this homewrecking wench and get with Ryoko. I'm warning Kajishima Masaki...Ryoko is a must.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #7   [permalink]
Magicfangirl
Forum Addicted

Yay for Ryoko. XD I really can't see Tenchi actually choosing Noike. If he finds out that she really was sent to spy on him and the others I don't think that's a quality he'd want in a wife. (Plus...I just don't like her.)

Yes, he DOES choose someone in this series. If he didn't I wouldn't be watching this again probably. >,>
Old 02-07-2005, 12:38 AM   #8   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

RE: Yes, he DOES choose someone in this series. If he didn't I wouldn't be watching this again probably.

I know what happens in all 6 of the OVA episodes. The 7th doesn't come out until September and I have no idea what the plot of that will be, but they've set up new plot points in this new OVA that hint at more episodes in the future. He hasn't chosen anyone yet. And quite frankly, I knew that, because Tenchi Muyo- GXP, takes place after the 3rd OVA, and he hadn't chosen.

Robotech Master
Old 02-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #9   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Perhaps Tenchi has already made his choice and just is keeping his mouth shut about it.

I think he's just waiting for Sasami to grow up...
Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #10   [permalink]
Magicfangirl
Forum Addicted

I was trying to rule out who he dosen't pick.
It couldn't be Sasami because it says Tenchi get's married to the girl. Sasami is going to take quite a while before she looks legal. Tsunami...I really don't know if he'd pick hre.
Mihoshi...is just out of the question.
Aeka is very well marriage material.
Ryoko...well, you all know how I feel. ^^
Old 03-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #11   [permalink]
HolyWhippet
Executive Member

One problem I see is that Tenchi, being from Earth, probably wouldn't be too keen on any kind of incestuous relationship. Both Aeka and Sasami are close blood relatives.

All things considered, if he chose either Ryoko or Aeka then the one he didn't choose would probably try to kill the one he did choose. I kind of think they'd be better in a lesbian relationship with each other which has been implied a couple of times.

I don't see Mihoshi as being a bad choice. She appears to be pretty dumb but she's one of the "purest" characters in terms of motivations and actions. She also is a bit more hardworking, IIRC Tenchi's grandfather even tells her she'd be a good wife for him. From what I've read, she actually used to be very bright and professional but stress from her job burned her out (this was actually written in the OAV box set). Don't forget either, she has a very high level of luck which helps her out. Of course, she's probably the most passive in terms of chasing Tenchi.

Washuu seems unlikely because, despite her age, she looks like jailbait. She's also possibly a bit too crazy to be considered seriously. That's not to say she wouldn't accept. She made it clear that she would be happy to have Tenchi's baby.
HolyWhippet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #12   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Honestly it's between Aeka and Ryoko.Even if the other girls like him,they don't love him like Aeka and Ryoko do.Both have had their "moment" with Tenchi

I wonder if they would object to a polygamist couple?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #13   [permalink]
Magicfangirl
Forum Addicted

Aeka's Jurai background wouldn't object. ^^ Her Dad has (at least) two wives.
Ryoko...she can't even share her food.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #14   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

The information about the 3rd OVA that was released a long time ago was all bullshi*. That, or a complete mistranslation.

There's no marriage, and the deal between Tokimi, Tsunami, and Washu is a competition, not a war. Noike isn't even really Tenchi's fiance, that's just a pretense so that Noike can spy on Tenchi and his household. And for a series that will "Focus more on the three godesses and less on Ryoko and the other girls" it sure seemed to focus more on the girls since the whole Tsunami, Tokimi, and Washu thing occurs only in the sixth episode.

Robotech Master
Old 07-07-2005, 08:17 PM   #15   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Originally Posted by Darklightz
Honestly it's between Aeka and Ryoko.Even if the other girls like him,they don't love him like Aeka and Ryoko do.Both have had their "moment" with Tenchi

I wonder if they would object to a polygamist couple?
Well, that's actually a real option. Isn't that what happened in one of the Tenchi spin-off series?