Old 24-03-2002, 08:45 AM   #136   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
i have the file and i'm not sure whether or not i'd stick with the current format but this is what i've got so far. Let me know if you want it. The original file is fairly huge.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg valentine_sample.jpg (52.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 24-03-2002, 09:48 AM   #137   [permalink]
Uzi
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to Uzi
I'm sorry it took me so long to make some pics.. these are only sketches, very light, but I'll color them..

http://www.endoria.net/upload/?bekijk=2827853752

again: it's way to light..(I color with pencils..) it looks sunny and happy, and well.. this is kinda the way I feel in July ^_^ It isn't finnished yet..

and because I saw no one does March, and I was bored, I made one for March too.. just for fun:

[url]http://www.endoria.net/upload/?bekijk=2751127395[/ur]

and again: it isn't finnished yet.. I'll make more, because this sucks, it's just to let you know I'm working on it ^_^
Old 24-03-2002, 07:58 PM   #138   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
*pokes head in*

Um, i hopes i'm not intruding, but, being too slow and lazy to read all 16 pages of this thread, can you tell me if you'll be selling these calendars on AB?

I wants one, oh yes indeed i do....

*scurries away*
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2002, 08:46 PM   #139   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
The answer for that: Yes I will be selling the calenders. Profits of the calender will go towards Animeboards (Even George "Eva2000" was happy to hear that suggestion as well ) and no I ain't keeping the money for myself either.

Oh and there maybe forms to fill out soon, but that's just something I came up on the spot while I'm at college (TAFE so to speak). But I'll think about it while I'm at home with assignments, piling up on my desk
Old 25-03-2002, 05:36 AM   #140   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

i think it'd be best for people to custom design their calendars as they order them.

for example: four peoples' submissions made for each month. when i am ordering my calendar, i can view each of the four submissions for each month {by HTML order form} and choose whether i want one full picture per month, or two sharing the page, or three {with perhaps a month name design filling where the fourth would have gone}, or four pictures equally sharing one fourth of the page. once i decide that, i can go thru deciding which picture i want where.

this way, Kawaii_no_Miko doesn't have to print out four versions of these calendars but rather can simply print out the custom calendars. i don't see any point on limiting.

as i imagine some people might want different designs. i surely know i wouldn't want some bathingsuit girl on my month of July, while other people might. this way, people are given more freedom on which they have to view. one of the main reasons i don't purchase calendars is because i'm not going to pay for something with pictures in it that i don't want hanging on my wall. and most of the time calendars will do so, and they will have pictures in it that i don't like, thus not worth the buy.

certainly, if it costs more to give so much freedom, then perhaps there should only be four versions... but i think the worst idea of all would be to collage the different art works. second worst idea is to include them all in compact. i would hate to see some wonderful piece of art made small simply because there are three crap pieces on it also. there should be a compromise here that won't cost too much more.
heart havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2002, 08:54 AM   #141   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Just watch me twitch in the corner over there Cody and yes I'll be fixing SOME problems for the calender.

Punches her wall with her bare hands
Old 25-03-2002, 01:00 PM   #142   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Havok- that as Miko indicated will be a pain in the ass. I suggest that we vote on who we think has the either the best or more appropriate (i.e. summer month and summer picture to go with it) piece. That's me though and I ain't got no competition for the month of January though that has presented itself as an interesting challenge @_@
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2002, 05:55 PM   #143   [permalink]
Usagi^.^
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Nyu, Havok-person, you wanna kill poor lil Kawaii-sama?
That wouldn't be possible... Imagine the poor printing-person, too! 4 versions is already a lot, ya know. You've never tried to print out something, did you Havokie? ^^;

And neh, the 4 versions could have a theme, like fanservice, kawaii, saddish, or something. If you don't like fanservice, don't take that version. ^^
Usagi^.^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2002, 06:14 PM   #144   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Quote:
Originally posted by Usagi^.^
Nyu, Havok-person, you wanna kill poor lil Kawaii-sama?
That wouldn't be possible... Imagine the poor printing-person, too! 4 versions is already a lot, ya know. You've never tried to print out something, did you Havokie? ^^;

And neh, the 4 versions could have a theme, like fanservice, kawaii, saddish, or something. If you don't like fanservice, don't take that version. ^^
Um while this would be Miko's nightmare you've obviously never heard of the American comic industry's habit of printing large numbers of variant editions of comics mainly with different covers but sometimes with different interior pages. Printing orders is what gives a printer business and if Miko gets her stuff right, this could turn out to be profitable but it has as much potential to be a logistics nightmare.

And I suggest not calling a person *insert name*-ie, it's patronizing and rather condescending. If were Havok, I would be insulted that someone felt the need to talk down to me.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2002, 11:22 PM   #145   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Who said I was printing four version of the calender??? You know, that will kill MY bank account all in one swoop.

Yui and I will decide what is appropriate or not and another third person from here once I PM this person personally.

Last edited by Kawaii_No_Miko; 25-03-2002 at 11:32 PM.
Kawaii Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2002, 05:05 AM   #146   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

i wasn't implying at the slightest that she should print out four or... argh nevermind. if my opinion is needed, come find me.
heart havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2002, 09:32 AM   #147   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

For those who are interested in what the layout will look like, please look at the other thread of what it will look like
Old 26-03-2002, 06:30 PM   #148   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
If you're talking about having it professionally printed, then I can understand that you wouldn't want to have any variences in the calenders (my brother is a professional printer). But if not, I can't see what the big prob w/ Cody's idea is...
Coign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2002, 06:33 PM   #149   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

That's what I'm planning to do, getting the calender professionally printed.
Old 26-03-2002, 06:36 PM   #150   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
... You're insane!

The cost is disgustingly high! Adam said a small order of 500 or so could cost hundreds... (and even for less there's a baseline price) *shrug* Not my money, but you should be wary.
Coign is offline   Reply With Quote