Old 23-07-2002, 02:50 PM   #91   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
((OOC: But I’d think you’re used to talking to yourself by now.))

Everything was shoved back into the duffle bag before he got up and exited the terminal. Although early still, the area was already buzzing with activity as early morning commuters came and went about their business. Pulling his gloves back on and drawing his coat up around him, he left the climate controlled building and stepped back onto the biting cold of Europa’s streets. Once this was over, he’d take a nice holiday somewhere warm and sunny with lots of pretty girls and…

The roar of a landing ship interrupted his daydream and he glanced up in time to spy a green haired man exiting the ship wearing a jacket that reminded Ace of something he’d seen in an old historical file -- something called a ‘music video’. Green hair, eh? I knew a bloke who tried to dye his hair blue once, but it came out wrong, he thought absently then shrugged and continued along his way, searching for a place to grab a bite to eat. Maybe something down by the bars, assuming any are still open after yesterday's riots.
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 03:47 PM   #92   [permalink]
Rulakir
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Rulakir Send a message via AIM to Rulakir Send a message via Yahoo to Rulakir
After crashing at a convience store to pick up a pick of cigarettes, a lighter, and a cup of coffee, Wes was already on his way to work. He could hear a ship making a landing somewhere around town as he walked the streets of Europa. "Heh... more visitors. The more, the merrier."

A few minutes later, he arrived at the bar, on time for work (suprisingly). It was the usual. Slow, but nothing to complain about. His coworker looked bored behind the counter. Wes took off his dirty black leather coat and hung it up in the closet. The young man looked up at Wes' head to see a bandage around his forehead.

"Hey! How's it going Wesley?"

The sad part was that his coworker knew his full name, but Wes never knew the other guy's name.

"Fine. But you can just call me Wes. You should know that by know after working here for so long."

"Anyway, what happened to you? You wouldn't have been involved in the riot that took place yesterday... would you?"

"It's just a scratch. I'll be fine. You know, it's pretty slow this morning. Why don't you take off early and I'll take over."

"Thanks!" the other bartender said. He grabbed his coat from the closet and walked out.

After he left, Wes looked up at the wall mounted television to see that his coworker and the very few customers... three customers were watching the news on the riot that took place the night before. He took the remote and changed the channel, only to find that every news coverages was talking about it. Then he turned it off. Wes took a sip of his coffee he had gotten from the convienence store down the street. Next, he pulled out his box of cigarettes and his lighter.

This part of Europa seems dead! Perhaps the riots scared off people. Maybe some of the bars are closed because of it. Or it's too cold outside he thought to himself while having a fresh smoke and watching one of the customers leave. One down. Two to go!

Last edited by Rulakir; 23-07-2002 at 04:03 PM.
Rulakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 07:07 PM   #93   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Europa

Deans ship stuck out like a sore thumb as it made a solid landing near the docking bay. Beyond the harbour was a vast sea of ice and snow, and not surprisingly, the cities scape did not look much different. A light snow began to fall as the bounty hunter stepped out of his vessel.
He was being watched from afar. A small stakeout had been set up in one of the abandoned buildings lining the cities entrance. As Dean began walking towards one of the taverns, a pair of long binoculars retreated from an open window ten stories above.
A rough looking man with fine black hair turned away from the window, nodding to another man in the small rooms corner.
“Well Dylan…” The second man said. “Do you think this is them?”
Dylan slicked back his ebony hair, adjusting his fur coat as he leaned back against the wall. He appeared to be in some kind of contemplative state as he fingered the binoculars rounded lenses.
“I only see one…” He responded in a raspy voice. “But its definitely a hunter. Keep an eye on him.”
The second man nodded with a small grin and excused himself from the room moments later. Things were becoming more complicated than expected.
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 08:07 PM   #94   [permalink]
Chesta chesta chesta
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Chesta chesta chesta
co-written with Eva

“Robert…” Karin poked the sleeping body next to her as she gave out a loud sigh. Couldn’t he have like slept through the night like normal people, instead of being an embarrassment? “We’re here.”

Robert slowly dragged his eyes open from the ever so deep sleep that he had been in for the ride. He sighed and flung his body to the right to make himself straight up. He looked out the window and looked at the familiar Ganymede ISSP Space Station.

The building before them was rather impressive. A huge deep grey facade rose high to the sky. The familiar sounds of engines roared hid behind the concrete. Karin’s jaw dropped open as she looked up, almost craning her neck in the process. She should really get out more.

“Pay the man then!” She grumbled as she pulled the bags out. ’Be useful.’

Robert rolled his eyes and took out his wallet as he mumbled something loud enough so she could hear.

"Pay the man, please."

Taking his cash card back, he opened his door and walked out of the car. He closed the door, unhooked his luggage from the roof, and swung them to the concrete ground before him. Seeing Karin do the same thing with her bags, Robert began walking towards the station. He looked back without stopping and shouted to Karin.

"Let's go, then. We're late enough as it is."

'We're late enough.' Karin mimicked behind him and stuck her tongue out.

As she dragged the bags along with her, she truly wished she had stuck to fitting everything in one bag. But there were so many things she had needed to take with her. Who knew what kind of weather they’d come across. It could be cold or…colder.

Across the room the familiar form of Gill became visible and Karin speed up slightly. She wasn’t going to catch up, but she wouldn’t look like she had spent the last five minutes staring at her nails.

“Giiiiill.” She shrieked and gave Senior Detective a quick wave before picking up her speed again. At least they were there now, no more stressing. Relaxing. Doing a mission. Going off planet, for the first time.

“I am sorry if we are late, but someone sure took his time this morning.” She shot Robert another death glare.

Robert shrugged and nodded in a hello. He looked around the station and his eyes caught on a ship that was being hauled into a larger ship. Robert grinned.

/...Good thing ISSP authorized it...\
You're...a celestial...one of the Angels.
Chesta chesta chesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2002, 05:16 AM   #95   [permalink]
YellerCrakka
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to YellerCrakka
(((occ: I... ermm... fergot my bounty... maybe if you can describe him fer me to try to describe... heh. like how much of him I should know... and I'll figure out the rest.

I hate you GODDESS LACKEY!!*evil glare*)))

Dean strode down what seemed to be a street on his way to the inner city. The dock area only had a strip of tall buildings, then some warehouses which didn't catch his attention. Further down the street seemed to cary snow-covered battle dammage, but still Dean didn't notice that. His eyes were focused on the accumulating snow at his feet and how it stuck to his shoes. It wasn't long until he noticed what seemed to be a bar down the street. A parton slithered from the doors as it was made obvious that it was a place where drinking took place.

He looked up a breif moment as one daring snowflake got caught in his eyelashes. 'I havn't been in the snow for over a year now... It feels great.' He smiled and opened his mouth, all the while still striding towards the bar. A small cluster of ice floated onto his tongue and he lowered his head, returning his attention to how the snow stuck to his boots. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he realized they were getting shakey. Without deciding, he swiped the gold case from his inner pocket along with a silver lighter. Calmer, and warmer, he approached the door.

With a quick glance over his shoulder, he noticed a suspicious man slowly stepping his way in a dark blue jacket with the hood nearly consealing his eyes. Dean tried not to look like he had seen him, so he proceded to open the bar doors.

The smell hit him, a mix of alcohol, sweet mixes, salt, human odors, and a hint of deoderized vomit. It smelt like a run down bar, so he knew they may have some information he was looking for. With an unconrtolable aukward glance across the room, Dean took a few steps in and sat on the nearst stool. Without eye contact, he slapped money on the bar. "A couple'a shots... strait vodka." he demanded and looked away. He had a thing about looking bartenders in the eyes... he compared them to his executioneers, and thought they really should wear black masks.

Looking down again, he realized his boots were still laiden with ice. With an unintentionally loud thump, he cleaned his boots and got a questioning stare from a scruffy bar patron at the corner table. He waved to show he wan't meaning to grab the man's attention.

Last edited by YellerCrakka; 28-07-2002 at 03:51 AM.
YellerCrakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2002, 03:48 PM   #96   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

He entered the quiet bar, pushed back his hood, stomped his feet loudly by the entrance to knock the snow from his boots, and sauntered in. He smiled broadly at the patrons, of which there were only three besides himself, one of which was the funny green haired man he had spied leaving the spaceport earlier. With a thump, he dropped the duffle bag to the floor and claimed the stool alongside the man in the studded jacket.

It was early, some would say too early for a drink. But this was a bar, and it would be rude to just sit there, so he simply had to order something...something that would take care of his daily-recommended dose of fruits and vegetables…something like…

“A bloody mary,” he called out and plopped down a few woolongs. As the bartender set his drink down, Ace caught sight of a familiar figure. “Hey you,” he hollered to Wes, “I wondered if you’d escaped the riots unscathed.” He took a gulp of his drink and grinned. “So you work here, eh? Nice place. I don’t suppose you serve any real food here…”

((OOC: To clarify, Ace and Dean are now in Wes’s bar.))
Old 27-07-2002, 05:33 PM   #97   [permalink]
Rulakir
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Rulakir Send a message via AIM to Rulakir Send a message via Yahoo to Rulakir
Wes took notice of the green haired man who slapped money on the table and asked for shots of straight vodka. He prepared it, left it in front of him and took the money. He noticed that this man must have been new to the town, or just visiting since he didn't look well prepared for the weather. Europa was like this most of the time. Cold and snowy. The customer continued to look away and Wes continued his work. There was another man who came in.

"Hey you! I wondered if you escaped the riots unscathed."

At first, Wes didn't know who the guy was. The night before was dark and events that took place were too fast to recall quickly. In a matter of seconds, he remembered clearly.

"Are you okay, I'm fine, just a scratch on the head, but I'll live... Live with a headache for a couple of hours, or maybe days. Uh... yes, this place is nice, just as long as there are no riots. Sorry, no real food."

Wes started working on the bloody mary. Vodka. Tomato juice. Lemon juice. Tabasco sauce and the rest of the ingredients. Then it was all set.

"It's good that you came out okay. Wasn't there a woman with you? What happened to her?"

He began wondering if she didn't show up because she was dead, or maybe because she was in the hospital, or perhaps, elsewhere.
Old 28-07-2002, 10:09 PM   #98   [permalink]
Brissar

Ice and snow crunched under heavy tread as a towering form stacked across the frozen landscape. His head was bare to the fury of the cold, but he didn't care... the temperiture never concerned him as he turned into a building. Stooping to fit into the small door way, Tiamat stopped infront of a counter silently waiting for the man to acknowledge his pressence.

The man seemed nervous to Tiamat, a strong scent of sweat hung in the air.
"Welcome to the Europa Interplanatary Spaceport, what may I do for you?"

Tiamat reached into his pocket, pulling out a picture of a ship. He handed it to the sweaty man, "Looking for this. Where?"

The nervous man glanced at his computer monitor, and Tiamat waited for a response.
Brissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 06:57 AM   #99   [permalink]
YellerCrakka
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to YellerCrakka
Marty poured cold water on his left hand. Being confined to the ship, he became a little hungry. In warming up some oil to pan fry the fish he earlier bugged Dean to buy, the pan spat a greasy drop on Marty's hand. Now it made his job even harder. With a damp towel wrapped around his hand, he finished cooking the meal. Most of it was placed in the mini-fridge in the cockpit, but the rest was consumed, a little slower than usual, by Marty. Time to get back to work I guess... ugh... stupid grease.

In agreement to Dean's conditions, Marty was to fix the things on the list in decending order from top priority. With his good hand, Marty crossed off the second item on the list: Lazy Gal's landing gear. Tapping the pen on the paper, he eyed his next task.

"Engine repair... awww... I thought life as a bounty hunter would be more exiting." Marty occaisionally would talk to himself, if he was sure no one was around to hear. Dragging his feet, he walked towards Dean's personal gunner ship. The first thing he noticed that he's over-looked everytime before was the drawing on the underside of one of the wings. A mythical creature with the head of a lion and the hind-quarters of a fish. "Lionfish." Marty said alloud again as he stroked his mustache and pulled the wrench from his tool belt. *sigh* Task number three... a few more and I can help Dean find the bounty!
--------------------------------
Dean downed a shot as the bartender began to speak to the red-haired patron who recently sat himself a few seats down. They seemed to have recently met, though it was of no concern to Dean, so he contemplated taking his next shot. Holding his drink in his hand, he leaned back and lost himself in thought. Things weren't this hard back in trucking... but not nearly as rewarding. From the bounty of that last guy, I can live a few months. I just think I should keep this up... for learning purposes.

After drinking that last one, he pulled the digital screen from his pocket and interrupted any conversation that may have been happening on the other end of the bar. He slammed his fist down and placed the screen on the bar. "Either of ya guys know where I can find someone here named Keiran?" He had a problem of sounding menacing, so he had hoped his abrupt pound worked.

(((sorry Kayay if you were going to reply to Wes... but I got bored. ^_^ didn't get any sleep yet... though i guess I will now *collapses*)))
YellerCrakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 08:04 AM   #100   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Exodus, Orbiting Mars

Deirdre blinked a moment at Griff, then turned to blink at Keiran. Two things occured to her in rapid succession. The first was the fact that Griff must have gotten those parts through some sort of subversive means. This wasn't entirely noteworthy, because the number of times her, Griff, or Griff and her had run through some alley or another on some forgotten planet lugging something that had usually ended up being pawned for food far exceeded Deirdre's attention span for Math.

So it was unsurprising that the second thing that occured to her completely shoved the first out of her mind. She scurried over to Griff quickly, hefting an armful of pipes and wires before she hissed at him, all trace of her scatterbrained self gone.

"Umm...Griff, we need to talk."
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 09:18 AM   #101   [permalink]
Chesta chesta chesta
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Chesta chesta chesta
Joint

As Gill stood up he let out a deep sigh and waved dismissively at the newly arrivals. “The important thing is that you two, finally, made it. Now, let’s get going.”

“You had a cruiser. You were bound to get here quicker.” Robert swept his fringe to aside and strode towards the ship, which was awaiting them in the loading bay.

Gill smirked to himself and with no respect to the ‘no smoking’ sign, placed a filtered covered stick between his lips and lit up.

“I left early.” Short and to the point. Just like Gill.

I was ready in time. I would’ve gotten here in time.” Karin stopped on the gang way and let go of her bags. She gave Gill a small glare and pointed towards the ‘no smoking’ sign. “No smoking, girly pants.”

And she sported a small triumphant smile as smoke bellowed out of Gill’s nostrils and he continued to snort. “Girly pants?”

Robert looked to and fro the two and shook his head, it was going to a long trip. “Become quite the confident one, have we?”

“Well…yes. We got a mission to do.” Karin put her hands on her hips and leaned forward. “And we can’t have you two standing around, yakking like two middle-aged women.”

Letting of a down throat growl, Gill gave Karin a sour look as he walked past into the ship. Putting down his luggage, he turned around and almost host-like waved his arms around. “Welcome to ‘The King of Rock’n’ Roll’, also known as ISSP Unit 09758.”

“Who in God’s name named it…’The King of Rock’n’Roll?” Robert said and eyed the interior. Gill gave him a shrug as he walked into on of the long corridors leading to the quarters.

As they followed the senior Detective, they walked past a huge sitting room. Seemingly unfurnished, apart from a couple of crates that covered the walls and two hatches, leading to different parts of the ship.

“Wow... This ship is very big... Individual quarters, I'm hoping.” Robert stuck his head into the sitting room and a wide smile covered his face.

“ It better have.” Karin with equal curiosity in regards the ship stuck her head under Robert’s arm and gave the new room a glance over. “Otherwise someone sleeps somewhere else.” ’Messy’

Gill, who was further down the corridor, turned around and tapped his foot impatiently as the two started to walk again. “Damn straight, individual quarters...matter of fact, more than we need.” One good thing about ISSP property, they were never too small.

“Good.”

Gill came to a stop and looked at them. Along the wall were several doors with buttons at abut chin level. Almost out of habit Robert raised a finger and pressed it. The door moved silently to aside and was open to full view.

Like the rest of the ship it was seemingly empty, almost cold. The only piece of so-called ‘furniture’ was the cot that was situated at the left side. So this would be home away from home. “Appealing.”

“ So where is everything in this ship?” Karin looked around the room with a slightly confused look on her face. Too many doors and hatches for her to keep track of, and due to its size, she was more than likely going to get lost. “Like shower, kitchen and important stuff?”

“Maps are available throughout the ship’s network.” Gill said rather matter of factly and tapped a small screen on the wall.

’Besser-wiser.’

“Why don’t you two take 30 to get settled in, then meet me on the bridge.” Gill smiled and gave Robert a pat on the shoulder. “So please be on time you two.”

Karin stepped into the second room, equally as empty as the one Robert had uncovered. With a small sigh she heaved her bags onto the cot. It was almost too empty, compared to her flat it was empty. And that was saying a lot, considering most of her belongings were still packed away neatly. Maybe she could get a box from somewhere and used it as a bed stand. Lack of recourses and lack of interest, she left the bags as they were and made her way back to Robert’s room.

“See if you had been done earlier then he wouldn't make subtle attempts on rubbing it in all the time.” Karin frowned as she leaned against the doorway. “I want you to explain it to him.”

“I think you like rubbing it in more than Gill does.” Robert shot back as he dropped his bags on the floor. ’Here we go again.’

She crossed her arms over her chest and drew a deep breath. “I do not. You were late!”

For a second there was a blissful silence.

“Not only were you late” Karin started pacing up and down the small floor surface, with every breath there was a decibel increase. ”But you also totally ignored house rules.”

With a roll of his eyes, Robert turned around and looked down at her. “Arrest me then.”

She opened her mouth to say something back but was rudely interrupted by Gill’s crackling voice, over the intercom. “Might want to sit down.”

The sudden G-force increase had been unexpected, and alongside the shuddering of the hull, it forced the operatives down. Karin sat down with her back against the wall and Robert fell over his luggage.

From underneath his heap he managed to right himself and pull out his packet of cigarettes. Due to habit he stretched out the packet towards Karin who wrinkled her nose back at him.

“I don’t smoke, remember? Neither should you. It’s very anti-social.”

“Don’t worry, I wont light it.” He replied with a smirk as he placed the cigarette between his lips. ’not now’

“If you just chew at the tip, it’ll make your teeth yellow.”

Robert rose to his feet and dusted himself off. A quick glance on the watch still indicated that they had time left, but there was not much else for them to do. With a small sigh he shoved his hands into his pockets. “You want to go to the bridge.”

With a small nod Karin clambered to her feet and walked out into the dwindling corridor. “If he mentions the time again, I’ll kill him.” She muttered under her breath.

Robert followed behind her, in a safe distance, as he brought up a lighter. The flint flickered and he took a deep drag. As he pulled it away from him and looked down at the cigarette, he abruptly stopped. “…wait…”

Karin turned around with a sour look, awaiting him to share some fantastic wisdom or admit that he had been late, and he was going to say sorry.

However Robert looked up on the wall and then gave a small shrug. “Never mind.”

Gill heard them walk through the door. There was the unmistaken sound of footsteps and the door hissing as it was forced to shut again. Then there was the smoke smell. He turned around in his seat and smiled up at them. “You’re early, we haven’t left the atmosphere yet.”

The realisation that she was truly going off planet, Karin walked up to on of the small side windows and looked down at the surface. In a way it was fantastic to see it all from this distance, but still unnerving. There were about 1001 things that could go wrong. Gill could turn into some suicidal maniac and do something stupid. Robert could turn out to be a gun lover. She could end up with space sickness. So many things and so far down to any kind of help.

“Well I didn’t feel like un-packing right now.” Robert took another deep drag of the cigarette and took a seat to the side of Gill. “Tell me, Gill…You did get the flight passes for Europa, right?”

“Sure thing.” Gill never took his eyes of the controls as he flicked the different switches and dials, handing over the controls to the autopilot. He pointed casually to the counter on the side. “In that file.”

Amongst the mission briefing and plans, lay the priceless flight passes, the very thing that would allow them to set foot on Europa. Robert picked one up and stuck it into his chest pocket. He felt it was better to keep hold of his himself.

The controls of the ship emitted a small bleeping noise and then the green pilot light switched on. Raising his hands from the controls, that by themselves moved slightly to stay on course, Gill leaned back and raised his feet up on the counter.

“There is beer, if you want one, Robert.”
You're...a celestial...one of the Angels.

Last edited by Chesta chesta chesta; 29-07-2002 at 09:23 AM.
Chesta chesta chesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 02:40 AM   #102   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

He frowned. They didn’t have food.

"It's good that you came out okay,” continued the man behind the counter, but the redhead’s mind was still focused upon the fact that they didn’t have real food, causing his stomach to rumbled in protest. He grabbed the bowl of pretzels to ease his hunger while dreaming of a nice, big, juicy steak and…

“Wasn't there a woman with you? What happened to her?" Wes’s voice interrupted Ace’s thoughts.

“Hmm?” Ace mumbled through a mouthful of pretzels, one hand grasping his drink and the other holding a handful of the salty snacks. Swallowing, he took another gulp of the bloody mary. “Her? What was her name? …oh yeah, Lola. Nice girl, but I lost track of her in the mob. Dunno what became of her, but she looked like the type of gal who could take care of herself.” He shrugged and stuffed another handful of pretzels into his mouth. “Yfff gosssh anfnsh mrrr*?” he asked as he looked wistfully into the now empty bowl. As the green haired man he sat next to pounded his fist on the counter and spoke in a quazi-menacing manner, interrupting the conversation.

“Keiran?” He blinked a few times and thought it over. The name sounded familiar, and he was sure he’d come across the name somewhere, most likely in one of his virtual forays into one system database or another. “The name sounds familiar,” he began. “Whaddya looking for him for anyway?” I may be able to earn a few extra woolongs from this fellow in exchange for some information. ‘Never pass up an opportunity’, my old man used to say…or was that ‘never light a bonfire on a windy day’?

((OOC: *Translation: “You got any more?”))
Old 30-07-2002, 12:14 PM   #103   [permalink]
Rulakir
Forum Addicted

The man replied to Wes' question, "Her? What was her name? …oh yeah, Lola. Nice girl, but I lost track of her in the mob. Dunno what became of her, but she looked like the type of gal who could take care of herself."

"Yeah. She looks that type of woman" he repeated aimlessly.

The green haired man nearby held out a digital screen and placed it on the bar. He asked, "Either of ya guys know where I can find someone here named Keiran?"

Since this bar was the typical hangout for bounty hunters to be at, Wes has heard that name at least five times in an hour the last time he worked, but never got any solid information regarding his whereabouts.

"I've heard of Keiran. Last I heard, he disappeared for some reason. Dead? Or maybe he's hiding, or being hidden. Some have said he's either on his way here to Europa, and others have said he's here somewhere already. Of course, these are just rumors by other bounty hunters, not facts. Sorry, I don't have any reliable info."

Wes picked up his cup of warm coffee and took a sip. Ahh... caffine... The man eating from the bowl mumbled something that was difficult to understand. Then he noticed that the bowl of pretzels and crackers was empty, so he went through the cabinet nearby and grabbed a full bag; emptied it and poured more into the bowl.

"Hope that suits your stomach. That is what you wanted, right?"

(ooc: Had to reread kayay's post and edited my post for the *translation*)

Last edited by Rulakir; 30-07-2002 at 05:09 PM.
Rulakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 05:38 AM   #104   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Odessa

"Whaaats up." Griff said inbetween a grin, although he did not direct his glance towards Deirdre. The hunter was busy stashing all the spare parts in one of the few empty quarters in the Exodus. As a result Griffs words sounded off with an almost mechanical cheer. This often happened when he was preocupied, which was quite often.
"Say... is Josef finished yet? Err... Lets get out of here, hey?" Griff said amidst a mess of thoughts. An aura of nervousness could be felt slopping itself all over Griffs form, and the mechanic slash bounty hunter began fingering one of the last valves that he had 'acquired' from Josefs shop.
"Oh, wait... what did you want?"
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 04:21 AM   #105   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Deirdre allowed herself an annoyed sigh. Just a tiny one. Then she realised she wasn't the one with the most reason to be annoyed, and shut up.

"Well....I just realised something. We've got the bounty in there, right? And despite him being worth a large amount of money, we're uh....not doing too well."

Of course, this much was obvious. Turnips, etcetera.

"Well...uh....I just realised. Josef's going to want us to actually pay afte rhe's finished, isn't he? Somehoe I doubt he'll take it on credit. Or accept a rather scrappy looking guy as payment."

She poked her fingers together slightly. She hoped he wouldn't be mad.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote