Old 07-04-2001, 04:54 AM   #16   [permalink]
SephirothTG
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to SephirothTG Send a message via AIM to SephirothTG Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothTG
Well as i said before FLCL is my favorite series but... its not the greatest in my eyes. The most well put together series in my opinion is Hana Yori Dango. The series has good animation and all backgrounds were mainly done in water color. The music is quite superb BUT I think the guy who scored it..... well got rejected from doing the musical composition to a mecha anime and it shows in this series !_! ...... Some music is a bit too dramatic ...... But yep im going with Yumiko and saying a Shoujo series is the best anime ever.... But thats just me i'm a fool for romance.
SephirothTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 08:03 AM   #17   [permalink]
Gabo-kun

My fav anime is Nadesico
Power to the mystery!
Come on feel the power from you and me!
Gabo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 03:49 PM   #18   [permalink]
Crimson Clyde X

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Clyde X
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Eva Series
Yeah, sorry if I sounded like an ass saying eva is the best anime. People have different tastes and I should respect. I just was surpised to see people saying Eva isn't the best, I thought everyone here loves eva-how wrong I was. Ok, thanks for all the suggested animes.
You shouldn't have to apologize for stating your own opinion. I think that sometimes you can like something so much, and believe that whatever that thing is is so great that you can't understand how anyone else wouldn't like it. That's ok to do, as long as your not forcing it down someone else's throat.

Here is a question: If you pick an anime as being your favorite, shouldn't you consider it as the best??If you don't think it's the best, why is it your favorite then, and shouldn't you pick the one that you think is the best as your favorite??

...BTW, my favorite is Cowboy Bebop.
Crimson Clyde X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 04:43 PM   #19   [permalink]
Maccy99
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Clyde X

You shouldn't have to apologize for stating your own opinion. I think that sometimes you can like something so much, and believe that whatever that thing is is so great that you can't understand how anyone else wouldn't like it. That's ok to do, as long as your not forcing it down someone else's throat.

Here is a question: If you pick an anime as being your favorite, shouldn't you consider it as the best??If you don't think it's the best, why is it your favorite then, and shouldn't you pick the one that you think is the best as your favorite??

...BTW, my favorite is Cowboy Bebop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dryden-san
The problem with Evangelion isn't that it's bad, it's just overpraised. People who aren't huge fans of the show get tired of hearing Eva praise all the time and overcompensate by bashing Eva. Eva is a very good anime, the best when it comes to crafting realistic characters with genuine emotion and motivations. There are shows with better animation, shows with better music, better action, better plots... It's not that Eva fails in these categories; it scores highly. But when you say that it wins in every category, that pisses off other people, and justly so. Eva tops all others in creating characters, which is what it was intended to do. That's enough.

And because I know people will ask... Cowboy Bebop has better animation; Escaflowne has better music; Beserk has better action; I happened to think Blue Seed had a better plot (certainly a more coherent one)... I mean a lot of this is a matter of opinion, but to say Eva dominates all categories is narrow minded and foolish.

Cowboy Bebop is my overall favorite series, Laputa is my favorite movie or possibly Grave of the Fireflies.
This is what I tried to say in my other thread. And so that I won't turn this thread into another argument my Favorite anime is Ranma 1/2 because I love the action, the characters, the romance, and the comedy. Also I love long series better than short ones.
Maccy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 03:26 AM   #20   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
Quote:
Originally posted by baca_fangirl
Still, Eva is not my top favorite just becuase I don't find as enjoyable to watch as other anime. (It can get really disterbing and depressing after awhile.) Hana Yori Dango has been my favorite for awhile becuase I too am a lover of sappy, mushy, lovey dovey anime. Utena may replace Hanadan as my favorite though...the more I watch this anime, the more I love it. First off, it's extremely original, which is a quality that's harder and harder to find in anime these days. Also, you have the great characters, the humor, the drama, the bishonen (Touga-sama...*swoon*), the great music, and the sheer weirdness which I love.
Well, there's two series that are better than Eva listed right there ^_^ Uhm, I think I fall into the category of "sappy romance fan"; however, what drew me to Eva was the philisophical and psychological aspects of the series, and *gasp!* Shoujo Kakumei Utena has those too. Hence: deep, bizarre, psychologically-oriented plot + high sappiness factor = perfection But that's just my opinion.
Old 09-04-2001, 02:05 PM   #21   [permalink]
Foryth
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Foryth
Well, most of my fave stuff is manga, but well for anime i'll have to go with Utena. :B:

<Snowcherry>Whoa! Very cool chibi-gif-Nanami ^_^; .
Old 09-04-2001, 04:57 PM   #22   [permalink]
BigShot Jordan
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigShot Jordan
Evangelion was my favorite about a year ago,but that was about the best there was in the US at that time. I discovered fansubs and CDJapan so I can expose myself to that which is truly great and important.

My favorite anime now is Cowboy Bebop. It may not have the 'super complex philosophical religious sci-fi' plot but it has a good enough plot to entertain the hell out of me. I like the characters, I can't find a single one that I don't like. The mechanical designs are sexy and slick and overly detailed(not to the extent of Ghost in the Shell though). The animations is the best I have seen for any series,OVA, and some movies. I like the way the CG blended with the cell art. The music is probably everyones favorite part of this series because it is so varied. It has combinations of Jazz,Blues,Hip-hop,folk Rock,Techno,opera, and just about any musical style you can think of.

Cowboy Bebop also has such a wide appeal to it that it is almost impossible not to pick up and enjoy.

My second favorite anime right now is Serial Experiments Lain.

see you space cowboys.
Old 10-04-2001, 12:09 AM   #23   [permalink]
PsychoGoatee

Send a message via AIM to PsychoGoatee
Cowboy Bebop is my favorite series currently. The characters just "click" with me, more so than Eva. Plus I like the fights, story, animation, music, pacing, dubbing, and just about everything else .
Rurouni Kenshin is my second favorite, it is just such a great mix of comedy, action, drama, and romance...topped with some very great characters.

For the record, I enjoyed Evangelion
Old 11-04-2001, 07:45 PM   #24   [permalink]
Miya Hashi

Send a message via AIM to Miya Hashi
I don't know about you guys but I find Fushigi Yugi lovable. Utena, Eva, Cowboy Bebop aren't bad either. I also like the DB series.
Old 13-04-2001, 01:02 AM   #25   [permalink]
MANTA

I haven't been watching anime for long. The shows I was familiar with consisted of mainstream mediocre anime's like DBZ and Gundam Wing or somewhat overrated movies like Ninja Scroll. But after watching the entertaining Outlaw Star on CN, I decided to pick up and watch some of the 'Best' anime shows out there.

I have just recently finished watching 3 series. The first two I chose because they were described by many as the 'best' anime series out there. Those were 'Cowboy Bebop' and 'Evangelion'. The third I came across almost by accident, it was another anime western show called 'Trigun'.

After finishing all the three series I have to say the best anime I have seen has to be Trigun. While Eva and Bebop are both great, Trigun was the one I enjoyed the most. I loved all the charecters, the humor and the story. The strange thing is, the show doesn't seem to have that big of a following. Even in these forums. Or is it just me?
MANTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2001, 02:52 PM   #26   [permalink]
Mika-chan
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Mika-chan
I'm gonna have to go with Kare-Kano as my favorite anime. Despite the ending, I think the show has some of the most realistic chracters I've ever seen...well as realistic as anime gets...
Old 13-04-2001, 06:52 PM   #27   [permalink]
heerogf
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to heerogf Send a message via Yahoo to heerogf
my fave anime right now is rurouni kenshin, it melts my heart the first time i saw it
heerogf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2001, 01:59 AM   #28   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
Cowboy Bebop is my favourite anime series... There's nothing I've seen so far that even comes close... It's got everything you can ever want in an anime... My next closest favourites are FLCL and Lain...
Old 14-04-2001, 02:45 AM   #29   [permalink]
AsukaLangleySohryu
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to AsukaLangleySohryu
eva all the way
Old 14-04-2001, 02:56 AM   #30   [permalink]
ViciousValentine

Send a message via ICQ to ViciousValentine Send a message via AIM to ViciousValentine
Cowboy Bebop is definetally my fave (mononoke is my favorite movie tho)... but i still maintain that art is something to be enjoyed not analyzed and definetally not criticized, if ya like it ya like it, if ya dont ya dont. plain and simple; theres no point in going any further.

go bears!

Last edited by ViciousValentine; 14-04-2001 at 03:00 AM.
ViciousValentine is offline   Reply With Quote