Old 14-07-2002, 07:55 PM   #1   [permalink]
Snake Eyes

Witch Hunter Robin!

Has anyone seen this? There are like 3 groups subbing it.

possible spoil since not many have seen it I figure (not really, but safety first) [Would change color but IE is acting up]
It sems to be a really serious action anime about an organization witht he intention of keeping a certain element away from society. This is just an earl thing basedon one ep, it looks pretty cool and I am looking forward to more of it
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2002, 07:56 PM   #2   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Serious, holpfully also abit on the dark-side ?. Seems like a good change of pace. Must check it out.
hGh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2002, 04:24 AM   #3   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I've heard its the Hellsing of this season, let's hope it has a good plot to back it up.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2002, 09:45 AM   #4   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Okey, I have watched the first episode and I must say its very promising. Animation, characters and the music are very good and so is the whole atmosphere of the anime. Me like very much.
Old 16-07-2002, 10:06 AM   #5   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I've just had a look at the staff on this anime

Planning: Sunrise
Original concept: Yadate Tadashi (Argent Soma) & Murase Shuko (character designer for Argent Soma, also worked on various Gundam shows etc)

Director: Murase Shuko

Chief writer: Yoshinaga Aya (anime series writer for Crest of the Stars)
Set design: Sato Tadashi (creator of Moeru! Oniisan) and Sato Michiaki (mecha design in RahXephon)
Conceptual design: Sayama Yoshinori (design work for Macross Plus and Earth Girl Arjuna, mecha design for RahXephon and Gundam: Char's Counterattack)
Character Designs: Takahashi Kumiko (Card Captor Sakura)

Special conceptor(?): Nozaki Toru (series story co-ordinator for Gasaraki, design research for RahXephon)
Design works: Aramaki Shinji (production and mecha design for BGC and BGC 2040) & Nakajima Toshihiro

Illustration board: Ota Otsuru (art director for Argent Soma)
Colour plan: Suzuki Takako
Directors of photography: Sugai Katsutoshi( SFX production supervisor for Gasaraki, CG director for Infinite Ryvius) & Shirai Hisao of Studio Cosmos (AMG movie, Jinroh, Millennium Actress, Argent Soma etc)
Music director: Fujino Sadayoshi (Slayers, Tri-zenon, Argent Soma)

Music: Iwasaki Taku (R.O.D, RK OVAs, Now and Then, Here and There)
Music producer: Nozaki Keiichi (BGC 2040)
Music production: Victor Entertainment

Producers: Sugita Atsushi of Bandai Visual & Matsumura Keiichi of Sunrise
TV programming: Hatta Shinsaku of TV Tokyo
Produced in collaboration with: Yokoyama Shinjiro & Yamada Norihiro, both of Dentsu

Production: Bandai Visual & Sunrise

I really want this now, first it's a sunrise anime, second lots of people who worked on RahXephon are working on this, 3rd Iwasaki Taku (RK OVAS, ROD) composes the music and he's my second favourite composer behind Yoko Kanno.
Old 25-07-2002, 10:23 AM   #6   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Seen ep one of this, love the opening, love Robins hair, it has lots of potential. Can't wait to see more.

Taku Iwasaki has crafted another winning score, can't wait for the OST.
Old 27-07-2002, 11:46 AM   #7   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Seen ep two (will watch 3 and 4 tomorrow) and it was okay, seems to be going in the monster of the week format, but hey so did Evangelion

Anyway I love the music so far in the series, really want the OST. Love the theme that plays at the start of an episode (when the ep name comes up).

Am I the only one following this series?
Old 27-07-2002, 01:25 PM   #8   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Aaah... so many fansubs, so litte time and bandwidth . Currently I am catching up with RahXephon. But as I said before, I liked the first episode very much and will pick it up at some point.
Old 27-07-2002, 11:00 PM   #9   [permalink]
RCX

Send a message via ICQ to RCX
I've just watched episode 2 and i'm getting down episode 3 now, it has a fair bit of potential but I just hope it doesn't fall into the same trap as Vampire Princess Miyu did and get extremely repeative.
I'm also hoping it doesn't go over 13 episodes due to the fact that I don't think they could get much original plot over 13 eps.
RCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 09:20 AM   #10   [permalink]
Snake Eyes

I've seen 1-4, and I think it has a lot of potential. Whether is should go 13 or 26 eps I am uncertain. It seems like if done correctly, it could easily go 26 eps.

Westlo, I have the OP tv size (Take the smaller of the two files, the larger one was too long a ip and is tainted by something other than the opening music). Your account is back up ^^;
I am running win2K now, so hopefully I wont have any more issues
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 10:27 AM   #11   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Well I think it's probably going to be a 26 ep series, i'll try and find out what it will be.

Thanks for that Snake Eyes, can;t wait for the ost to come out.
Old 29-07-2002, 09:20 PM   #12   [permalink]
sailor pea

Only watched the first 2 eps but everything seems awesome so far. Yeah, I love Robin's hair too and Taku Iwasaki simply owns me. Amon doesn't appeal to me right now though - guess I'm just suffering from an overdosage of silent, inexpressive, oh-so-cool guys. Anyway, the opening's gorgeous. It reminds me of some sort of music video.

"You're wondering whether I really would cut your throat... I don't know either. Think of the fun we could have together, finding out."
sailor pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2002, 01:02 AM   #13   [permalink]
MDWigs
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to MDWigs Send a message via Yahoo to MDWigs
Well I finished watching episode 06. Now that Robin has 'full' control of her powers she kicks butt!

I love the music as well, the single containing the opening and ending themes is due out in a couple of days. I've been rather addicted to the opening theme for a while now.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
MDWigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2002, 05:49 PM   #14   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Haven't seen episode 6 yet still, was hardly home on the weekend. Episode 7 is going to be released tonight according to Riceboxs channel.

Yep the opening song is pretty good, my current favourite (something finally displaced hemisphere), Taku Iwasaki is doing a great job on the bgm for this. Can't wait for the single to be out, I suppose the first ost comes out next month...
Old 22-08-2002, 03:30 AM   #15   [permalink]
MDWigs
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to MDWigs Send a message via Yahoo to MDWigs
Episode 07 - Meh... Getting repetitive.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
MDWigs is offline   Reply With Quote