Old 17-10-2001, 10:06 PM   #1   [permalink]
mackey

Smile bgc2040 on DVD.

Hi everyone.
Its hard to believe that bgc2040 is almost over. But look all good things it has to come to an end.
But on the good side i am going to buy a DVD Player, and the ENTIRE series of bgc2040 on DVD.
You may be asking how i could afford to buy a DVD Player and the bgc2040 series on DVD.
Easy, seeing as i am 17 years old and am still in high school i am entitled to recieve government assistance, namely Youth Allowance.
I can only assume my fellow members recieve goverment assistance as well. If not let me know and i'll tell you what to do in order to recieve it.
Anyway i was wondering if anybody can tell me where i can get a DVD Player that is really cheap yet is good quality?
Ive seen this really cool DVD Player in a store and it plays VCDs. May i ask what VCDs are? It is a region 4 DVD Player. What does that mean?

Does anyone here own a DVD Player?

Once i get the DVD Player i want to buy the bgc2040 on DVD.
Can anyone please tell me of online stores that would sell bgc2040?
How much are they?
How many episodes are there on each DVD Player?

Does anyone own the entire series of bgc2040?

Well thats it for me. I hope i get some replies.
mackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2001, 10:17 PM   #2   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
I do have a DVD player and I don't get Youth Allowances from the government (I have the biggest of all worries that they'll be asking me to pay them back sooner rather then later ). And yes I've seen all of the series since I burrowed the DVD set from a good friend of mine.

There are many online stores. There's Cartoon Gallery for one thing or you can just simply ask the guys of Madman. Thank god no one down there forgotten about me since their last visit to ComicFest in Sydney last month. Approximately about less then $30, though I'm not exact on the figures nowadays (It comes to show that programming drains your thinking).

Hope this helps
Old 17-10-2001, 10:22 PM   #3   [permalink]
jetalone
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to jetalone Send a message via AIM to jetalone
Re: bgc2040 on DVD.

Quote:
Originally posted by mackey
Hi everyone.

Hello.

Its hard to believe that bgc2040 is almost over. But look all good things it has to come to an end.

Too true.

But on the good side i am going to buy a DVD Player, and the ENTIRE series of bgc2040 on DVD.
You may be asking how i could afford to buy a DVD Player and the bgc2040 series on DVD.
Easy, seeing as i am 17 years old and am still in high school i am entitled to recieve government assistance, namely Youth Allowance.
I can only assume my fellow members recieve goverment assistance as well. If not let me know and i'll tell you what to do in order to recieve it.

.....No comment.

Anyway i was wondering if anybody can tell me where i can get a DVD Player that is really cheap yet is good quality?

Just outline what you need. Ask someone who is experienced in the field to accompany you on DVD hunts, ask them to explain the different features to you, make a record of which features you need and don't need, and it should be fairly easy to choose one from there.

Ive seen this really cool DVD Player in a store and it plays VCDs. May i ask what VCDs are? It is a region 4 DVD Player. What does that mean?

VCD stands for Video Compact Disc..... basically movies on a CD. Most half-respectable DVD players should be able to play them.

Region 4 means that you will only be able to play DVDs from countries that sell region 4 DVDs (Australia, NZ, South American countries, and some others I can't remember).

Does anyone here own a DVD Player?

I have a 16x Pioneer region-free drive. I had an omni region free player, but..... basically, I don't have it anymore.

Once i get the DVD Player i want to buy the bgc2040 on DVD.
Can anyone please tell me of online stores that would sell bgc2040?
How much are they?
How many episodes are there on each DVD Player?

You live in Sydney, right? There's no need to get them online, then......Just go to any EB, or HMV, or if you live in the area, go to JB Hi-Fi. They go for $27 each there. There are 6 available, and the episodes are split 4/4/4/4/5/5.

Does anyone own the entire series of bgc2040?

I don't... I've only got volume 4: Buried Secrets.

Well thats it for me. I hope i get some replies.
Edit: Miko's too fast for me.
"Ben touched me very lightly on the shoulder, looked me in the eyes and said, 'What's up?' I said, 'Uh, not much.' Then his hand went down my back a little- more than I was comfortable with. He invited me over to watch movies- I thought. He started, basically, rubbing himself down with baby oil. I was really shocked, I didn't know what to do about it. So, I called up Robert...The rest is history."
-Darren Jessee

P.S. That's Ben Folds, to save me any embarrassment. :heh:

jetalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2001, 11:41 PM   #4   [permalink]
Tifa-Chan

dang.You're lucky mackey.BGC2040 plays in Australia.I have to spend 2 bucks a DVD here just to watch the whole series.Man...I think I'm going to be broke soon from renting so much anime.Oh wait...I just remembered..my brother pays for all the stuff

anyways.....I got a DVD.But I live in the U.S.So dunno.Also I have some anime on VCD but my dad got it from Thailand whenever he goes there for business trips.

Question: Do you guys in Australia have anime stores there?
Old 18-10-2001, 12:20 AM   #5   [permalink]
wstml32
Inactive Email Account

Send a message via ICQ to wstml32 Send a message via AIM to wstml32
Quote:
Do you guys in Australia have anime stores there?
Im pretty sure there are in the big cities but unfortunately there are none where i live.
What about in America, there must be heaps of anime stores in America am i correct?
wstml32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2001, 02:24 AM   #6   [permalink]
El^Presidente
Forum Master

theres not that many anime stores over there!
El^Presidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2001, 02:30 AM   #7   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
There are some small specialty shops but for decent selections of anime you have to go to large stores that carry large amounts of anime that are grossly overpriced to say the least!
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2001, 03:01 AM   #8   [permalink]
MP2100
Forum Elite

if you can get to a dick smith superstore, thay have a small range of amine including BGC 2040, NGE and others. if they don't have it they can get things that madman (aust. distributor) have. dickies is also the cheapest i've found.

OZDVD.COM the internet dvd sellers have just this month opened a real store at hornsby westfields and they have a good range with backorder ability.

This moment of affirmation was bought to you by-
Genom Corporation - the company of Boomer technology.
MP2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2001, 06:28 PM   #9   [permalink]
Tifa-Chan

Quote:
Originally posted by wstml32

Im pretty sure there are in the big cities but unfortunately there are none where i live.
What about in America, there must be heaps of anime stores in America am i correct?
there isn't a lot.But I know of only two anime stores.And they sell all this gundam models and stuff like that downtown.But they're all fake.But the anime stores are really small.But it has a big variety of stuff.

Over here in California there's this place called Irvine Spectrum.It's a place that sells stuff and has entertainment and stuff like that.Well....they're playing Blood the Last Vampire.I want to watch it soooooo much!!!!!!But my bro said I'm too young cause there's a lot of blood and gore in it.So I'll have to wait till I'm older.
Old 18-10-2001, 08:46 PM   #10   [permalink]
wstml32
Inactive Email Account

It seems to me that America and Australia both have a hard time getting anime.
I wonder if this because the Japanese dont allow the West to disribute anime until they deem it appropriate.

Seeing as this thread is about DVDs i am proud to announce to everyone that i am now in the possession of a DVD Player.
Unfortunately for me it only plays region 4 DVDs. That means i cant buy DVDs and VCDs from overseas.

By the way can anyone please tell me of some online Austrailan anime stores?
Old 18-10-2001, 08:50 PM   #11   [permalink]
jetalone
Forum Master

Well, you should be able to play VCDs.

I've posted links to aus online anime stores....... The Cartoon Gallery is probably your best choice.......... more anime merchandise than you can poke a stick at.......
"Ben touched me very lightly on the shoulder, looked me in the eyes and said, 'What's up?' I said, 'Uh, not much.' Then his hand went down my back a little- more than I was comfortable with. He invited me over to watch movies- I thought. He started, basically, rubbing himself down with baby oil. I was really shocked, I didn't know what to do about it. So, I called up Robert...The rest is history."
-Darren Jessee

Old 18-10-2001, 10:55 PM   #12   [permalink]
wstml32
Inactive Email Account

Quote:
Well, you should be able to play VCDs.
What do you mean?

Does anyone know of a way to get American DVDs to work in a region 4 DVD Player without doing anything too illegal?
Old 18-10-2001, 11:04 PM   #13   [permalink]
jetalone
Forum Master

VCDs are not bound by the travesty that is region coding.

Pretty much, most anime VCDs are PAL format, so most DVD players should be able to play them with no problems.

And stuff legality, just get someone to remove the region restrictions.
-Darren Jessee

Old 19-10-2001, 12:57 AM   #14   [permalink]
wstml32
Inactive Email Account

Quote:
And stuff legality, just get someone to remove the region restrictions
How do i get someone to remove the region restrictions?
Old 19-10-2001, 01:05 AM   #15   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Simple: Go to New Zealand! Muahahahahaha.

Or if you would've asked us earlier, I can arrange a place for you to go to. ie. a SPECIAL place where they sell regional free DVD players. Though its too late for that now.