Old 31-10-2000, 11:32 PM   #1   [permalink]
jww1477
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to jww1477
I just think it's cool a band took their name from the beer Misato drinks, then wrote an awesome theme song for another awesome anime...

If you haven't seen Lain, or even if you have, if you have napster or some other means of access to mp3, I highly recommend you get the Boa songs Duvet and Twilight... they are SO choice.

That's all. jww1477 OUT!!!

Everyone is entitled to have a wrong opinion (which differs from mine).
jww1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2000, 10:30 AM   #2   [permalink]
Soul Reaver
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Soul Reaver
Hey, jww 1477, I haven't seen lain, but I've seen clips of it in a anime music video thingy... is it recommended or not?

By the way, check out the 'Starting Sequence. Kenny's query for the month' thread, because I posted a reply to something you put in there...
Soul Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2000, 10:34 AM   #3   [permalink]
jww1477
Executive Member

Lain? I say yes, but I've only seen the first few. They're done quite well, but they're quite confusing.

I say yes, but not if you want any semblance of action, think Eva philosophy almost 24 / 7. Although there are some bits of action, and I'm not going to spoil the fun, so I'll just say... Yes, watch it. And if you get past episode 5, you tell me if I should bother...

Old 01-11-2000, 10:38 AM   #4   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
Quote:
Originally posted by jww1477
I just think it's cool a band took their name from the beer Misato drinks, then wrote an awesome theme song for another awesome anime...

If you haven't seen Lain, or even if you have, if you have napster or some other means of access to mp3, I highly recommend you get the Boa songs Duvet and Twilight... they are SO choice.

That's all. jww1477 OUT!!!

Firstly it is not appreciated that you are recommending people go out and download illegal mp3s

Secondly this should be in the anime music forum, not eva chit chat

ATh
ATh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2000, 10:46 AM   #5   [permalink]
jww1477
Executive Member

Oh. Lo siento on the second part. I JUST noticed that thread after I posted... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can just delete my original post and wipe this all away, right?

On the first part, however, the legality of mp3 and napster has yet to be determined in a court of law...

Regardless, I meant no harm - it's just quite hard to get a hold of their album, "Thousand Camels." Not like you can just pick one up at a local store. Besides, it's just what I always do with new bands, pick up a few mp3s, see if I like them, THEN go out and buy the CD. Of course, hmm, I never really think about the legality of things overseas. Well, at any rate, in america, Napster is still legal until said otherwise in the courts, and the final verdict isn't in on that one.

Sorry about that wrong forum thing, I didn't know there was a separate one. Do you want me to kill this thread now, or is there some means to move it?

Old 01-11-2000, 10:51 AM   #6   [permalink]
Barret
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Barret Send a message via AIM to Barret
The techno remix is better, of BOA's Duvet that is. It's on the Cyberia Mixx album. Great song.

http://video.entropic.nu/thoughts - The crime against humanity by Kusinagi-kun.
http://video.entropic.nu/walls - The webring.
Barret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2000, 11:16 AM   #7   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
Well the internet laws differ in every country, this is predominantly an Australain based project, Plus , and more importantly, eva2000 has made it very clear that MP3's and where they can be downloaded are a breach of the forum rules.

This thread will remain open as long as there is no more discussion about mp3s. You can still discuss the actual songs though

moving to anime music

ATh
ATh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2000, 01:41 PM   #8   [permalink]
jww1477
Executive Member

Right-e-o. I was aware of no mentioning of getting video files of Eva, but not mp3. Now I know. Sorry 'bout that.