Old 12-11-2000, 03:17 PM   #1   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

okay, you are all Gundam lovers, and i understand and respect that. i am not coming here to flame you, for you are more than rightful to support your opinion. I am simply here to ask one simple question, and state why i do not fathom the answers i've heard to date. this simple question is.................

Why the ---- Gundam!?!?!?!?

i have seen the earlier ones and they were {and ARE} boring. i have seen the new ones, and they are ten times worse^^ Why do i feel this way? because the character design is horrible, the story isn't one, the plot is lacking any kind of beats or twists, the action sucks, i am ashamed to admit that Amano draws those piece of ---- hair-styles, the Mechs ARE UNfuckinORIGINAL as ----, and worse of all... these guys are ------' panseys! Why them?

i see all these girls all head over heels over Duo Maxwell and Heero Yuui and that's just as bad as these guys who are all obsessed with Agent Aiko. It's cheep "fan-service" is all it is. the only difference is that Agent Aiko is a bunch of uplifted skirts, and Gundam is a bunch of guys all trying to be "heeros" {if you'll excuse the pun}. all the creators are doing is taking a Cheeze-Whiz story, and adding some emotionless bastards into it. Oh and of course they add some giant transformers covered in ornaments because SURE, of course there aren't enough mechs in anime already.

honestly, i don't mean to be downing your anime of choice so much, but i would REALLY like to know what it is that you see in Gundam. my Xroom-mate watched it every day... i didn't see anything great about it then, and i don't now.

so... i've a deal to make with all of you.^^

{here's the deal}
i am going to come back here often, and read up not only on the replies to this post, but i am going to keep checking in on the other random posts. and if i can start seeing some intellectual replies to this thread and some threads rather than "Silly Quatre" and "Are the Gundam boys gay?" {note, i just picked randome titles}....

if you can do that, and prove to me that Gundam is more than just a bunch of Muscle in Mechs with a cheep story that is made to swoon girls then you win, and i will never speak bad of Gundam again.

if you cannot, then i will simply continue my life as is. and so will you. eitherway, you don't lose anything. this is simply a small benefit all Gundam fans will recieve if you can intellectually back up your right of opinion with right of reason.

thank you all for your time, and no matter what the outcome, remember, i DO respect you for your opinion. i am just trying to open my mind to it as well. adieu^^
Old 12-11-2000, 03:46 PM   #2   [permalink]
SSJfemme
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to SSJfemme Send a message via Yahoo to SSJfemme
Well, let me first start off by saying...DAMN IT THAT WAS LONG!! Okies, anyways...the issue on fan - service. *sighs* Think about it Havok hon, every anime ever created...in ANY shape, way, or form, has emitted some sort of fan - service, correct...? Yes...correct...its just that this time its aimed at the females of anime otakus!!

Now, onto the animation quality...I really can't talk about this as much. I consider myself a little bit of a newbie to the world of anime, but I happen to think the animation of Gundam, is very well thought out. As compared to animes such as DBZ, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo...you know...those...(NEVER SEEN EVA...heh...this is why I consider myself...a newbie...) I think the quality is greater...and I like Duo's hair...by the way...eaten any Duo lately Havok...?

Okies...now out of all seriousness...the plot I think is interesting. WHY?!?!? Well, it very well depicts Japanese culture when it comes to war and fighting. Think of the samurai...cowardice was unacceptable...and this is still a priciple recognized in modern day Japan militarism. Also, I think there ARE twists. Take into account when Heero accidentally killed *thinks of name* OH CRAP!! Forget his name...er...alright alright...the um, the guy wanted peace. This is still when The Earth's Spehere Alliance was still around. There was this old man (Do i feel dumb) and he of course wished for peace. I believe he was from the Earth's Spehere Alliance. Anyways, he was havein a conference with Tres about, well, ending the war. Then, the Gundams attack this conference and Tres orders to get the peacemakers out of there. He puts the Earth's Fear Alliance on an OZ plane...Heero thinks Tres is on there, so he destroys it, and there goes their chance for peace. I didn't think Heero was gonna do that. I also didn't think Tres would be that devious either. This situation also built up the characters...well...er...character...

The Gundam boys aren't pansies at all either!! I don't see ou piloting a huge Mech in space...OR on Earth. Are you killing hundreds of people almost emotionlessly. Are YOU blowing up large bases of armaments, even though you are aware of the fact your life is at stake...I didn't think so...

There, I think that covers all the aspects you've mentioned...t'was fun!! TTFN!!

SSJfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 03:59 PM   #3   [permalink]
Kytanna

Send a message via AIM to Kytanna Send a message via Yahoo to Kytanna
Angry

I know why that...^&*%*#$@#% doesn't like GW. He wants to run away from real life. The way it is in GW is like real life, the way they change b/c of whats happeneing around them. Thats all around us and he just wants to go in his own lil la la land. So you don't like GW do we really care? Go to your own forum and leave us people alone. ( the people that aren't trying to run away from real life)

"Pick a spot, Shutup, and wait" - Kimahri Ronso
Kytanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 04:23 PM   #4   [permalink]
firepicalo826

Angry gundam wing rulez

gundam wing is a great aname the original gundams were... ehhh ok
the gw gundams wre great (i love the wing0)
the endless walts gundams are incredible they are so well drawn and they move like angels dancing in moonlite...
they just rule if anyone says otherwise their just weird and i love the gundam wing0 custom im going to get the model as soon as i get mor money.
Old 12-11-2000, 04:47 PM   #5   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

BEWARE all your post is about to be ripped to shreads BWAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJfemme
Well, let me first start off by saying...DAMN IT THAT WAS LONG!!

thanks^^ that length only took me about half an hour^^

Quote:
Okies, anyways...the issue on fan - service. *sighs* Think about it Havok hon, every anime ever created...in ANY shape, way, or form, has emitted some sort of fan - service, correct...? Yes...

no, sorry. that's not good enough for me. i can name MANY anime without "fan-service"... in fact, i will ONLY name the anime that i feel is of exceptional quality that don't have "fan-service".
  • Soujo Kakumei Utena {that i remember}
  • Mononoke Hime
  • Serial Experiments LAIN {has her naked -only in the ending- yet they are very mature about covering her preaddolescent body}
  • Cowboy Bebop {so far of what i've seen}
  • Perfect Blue {that i remember}
  • Akira {can be argued because of the one scene with the Clowns attacking Kaori and Tetsuo}
  • Nausicaa the valey of the winds {that i recall}
  • Robot Carnival {the best anime in the entire world!}
  • urotsukidoji {technically! no fan-service, what-so-ever! they go all out right in your face action^^ okay, yeah, i was adding a but of humour into this thread}
  • i think that is enough JUST off the top of my head^^

Quote:
correct...

not correct. see the above.

Quote:
its just that this time its aimed at the females of anime otakus!!

No, i can name a few that are aimed towards females right here.
  • FuusikiYuusi {whatever it's called}
  • Escaflowne
  • Soujo Kakemei Utena
  • there's three for the time be, if that is not enough, then i'll do more research.

Quote:
Now, onto the animation quality...

first of all, the worst thing about the animation quality for me is that my favourite Japanese artist, Yoshitaki Amano draws for Gundam... that is a rather discrace to me because the GW animation is nothing compared to his own style of art. They lessed Amano.

Quote:
I really can't talk about this as much. I consider myself a little bit of a newbie to the world of anime, but I happen to think the animation of Gundam, is very well thought out. As compared to animes such as DBZ, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo...you know...those...(NEVER SEEN EVA...heh...this is why I consider myself...a newbie...)

with the GREAT exception of Tenchi Muyo, now i can clearly see why it is that you think GW's animation is so great. because DBZ and SM are 10 times worse when it comes to animation. if you want good animation, then you need to see Eva, Cowboy Bebop, Mononoke Hime, Utena, Lain, Key The Medal Idol, etcetra, etcetra.

Quote:
I think the quality is greater...and I like Duo's hair...by the way...eaten any Duo lately Havok...?

a "pet peve" of mine is hair that looks like it was cut out of cardboard. -_-

Quote:
Okies...now out of all seriousness...the plot I think is interesting. WHY?!?!? Well, it very well depicts Japanese culture when it comes to war and fighting. Think of the samurai...cowardice was unacceptable...and this is still a priciple recognized in modern day Japan militarism.

i see the relation, and this, i never noticed.^^ however, you can look into Mononoke Hime if you're interested in "the way of the Samuyrai." Ninja Scroll also, {at a more adult level} and from what i've HEARD, you should also look into Rurouni Kenshin. if you want more, just ask.

Quote:
Also, I think there ARE twists. Take into account when Heero accidentally killed *thinks of name* OH CRAP!! Forget his name...er...alright alright...the um, the guy wanted peace. This is still when The Earth's Spehere Alliance was still around. There was this old man (Do i feel dumb) and he of course wished for peace. I believe he was from the Earth's Spehere Alliance. Anyways, he was havein a conference with Tres about, well, ending the war. Then, the Gundams attack this conference and Tres orders to get the peacemakers out of there. He puts the Earth's Fear Alliance on an OZ plane...Heero thinks Tres is on there, so he destroys it, and there goes their chance for peace. I didn't think Heero was gonna do that. I also didn't think Tres would be that devious either. This situation also built up the characters...well...er...character...

that is not a plot twist, that is simply titled "drama." {by actual definition}

if you want drama, try realizing that your protagonist wasn't alive the entire time you were wathcing. or try finding that what you thought was reality was merely the protagonist in a film. or how would you feel if they KILL OFF your main character right infront of you in the middle of the series?

if you want Plot Twists, then you can look forward to a "normal school girl" suddenly anime turning into dramatic search into the past of memories questioning reality. or you can look forward to a "normal bounty hunters" animd to turning into a question of life. or even the question of the strength of the subconscious mind over the conscious. the questioning of live within "the wired" or even the questioning of whether or not you are actually alive watching that anime!

::glare:: could you imagine what those would feel like? much more intense on the mind as opposed to "oh, my emotionless 'hero' is going to die, oh no. okay he didn't."

Quote:
The Gundam boys aren't pansies at all either!! I don't see ou piloting a huge Mech in space...OR on Earth. Are you killing hundreds of people almost emotionlessly. Are YOU blowing up large bases of armaments, even though you are aware of the fact your life is at stake...I didn't think so...

pansies? indeed they are. these guys are weaker than shinji. why? because they can't even deal with emotion. nor even the thought of dealing with life. yeah, maybe shinji from Eva runs away from his pain, but these guys just block it all out. if you ask me, shinji is 100xstronger for at least trying. they are apathetic bastards and nothing more. it takes a real man to face emotions and troubles. any weakling can block them out.

comparing the GW guys to ME would be like comparing Arnold Schwartzinegar {O.O -sp?} to brad pitt. {not that i'm as good looking as brad pitt}

besides, there are many other, betterlooking guys out there in anime... like "Dark Schneider," "Spike," "Jet," "Ein," "Toujo" {if i have the name correctly} and all those handsome boys in Utena, "Parn" from Lodoss War, the male protagonist in "Key," "Tenchi," etcetra. {again, if you want more, i will list them}

Quote:
There, I think that covers all the aspects you've mentioned...t'was fun!! TTFN!!

no, you missed the most important one......

Gundam is UNfuckinORIGINAL!!!

thank you for trying^^ remember again, this isn't an attack, this is my personal way of trying to understand.^^

adieu^^
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-11-2000, 04:56 PM   #6   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kytanna
I know why that...^&*%*#$@#% doesn't like GW. He wants to run away from real life. The way it is in GW is like real life, the way they change b/c of whats happeneing around them. Thats all around us and he just wants to go in his own lil la la land. So you don't like GW do we really care? Go to your own forum and leave us people alone. ( the people that aren't trying to run away from real life)

don't make me laugh. {too late}

Gundam like real life? right... maybe in your imaginary world where males cannot express emotion and you get to pilot gian UNORIGINAL machines.

real life, let's see? hmmm... "Life is Beautiful," have you seen that movie? or perhapse "Schindler's List." you wanna' try Anime? how about ------' "Wings of Honnemise" or even ------' "Grave of Fireflies"... we can go thru any anime or film, and i bet i can give you a better reason so as why it is more to real life than Gundam.

Thanks for the flaming, and by the way, you've just proven yourself uncapable of an intellectual conversation. all i am asking for is what you see in Gundam because i ould like to see that as well. Adieu^^
Old 12-11-2000, 05:04 PM   #7   [permalink]
Kytanna

well first off ---- you and go back to hell -------. second...watch the show before you open your damned mouth. now maybe if you would ------- watch some of it you would see that the way they change their veiw towards things IS like real life -------. forget they have gundams..the way they ACT and see things is what i'm talking about you moron. now why don't you go to your little la la land and leave us people alone. (the people who have a damned life and accept it) oh and one more thing......GET INFO BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH JERKOFF.

Old 12-11-2000, 05:10 PM   #8   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

Re: gundam wing rulez

Quote:
Originally posted by firepicalo826
gundam wing is a great aname the original gundams were... ehhh ok

how were they original? "transformers with ornaments" they have nothing special, it's like saying DB has a story that you couldn't fit in a single episode. please share with me how they were original.

Quote:
the gw gundams wre great (i love the wing0)
the endless walts gundams are incredible they are so well drawn and they move like angels dancing in moonlite...

yes, they were welldrawn. thanks to Amano^^ however, the character design is ----, and the entire anime is a disgrace to Amano's original work. the animation is even scratchy and rigid. Though i don't recall any dancing in the moonlight... it looks more to me like flies bouncing against the glass wondow.

Quote:
they just rule if anyone says otherwise their just weird and i love the gundam wing0 custom im going to get the model as soon as i get mor money.

i must be WEIRD then.

congradulations on your model, and congradulations on that beautiful metaphor you stated above. "like angels dancing in moonlite" that was really nice^^

[Edited by heart havok on 13-11-2000 at 07:12 AM]
Old 12-11-2000, 05:28 PM   #9   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

Quote:
well first off ---- you and go back to hell -------.

damn, someone pissed in your "Cheerios"... you can calm down, i'm not the one flaming. you are.

Quote:
second...watch the show before you open your damned mouth.

i HAVE SEEN IT. i've even seen the FIRST series and the one after that and so on BEFORE this new series came out. the old ones suck and the new ones are worse.

Quote:
now maybe if you would ------- watch some of it you would see that the way they change their veiw towards things IS like real life -------.

hmmm, i HAVE seen it, i realized that they do not change views they just whine about how they have to be apathetic because they could die any second, and i am NOT an -------. thank you^^

Quote:
forget they have gundams..

okay, without Gundams i see even LESS plot.

Quote:
the way they ACT and see things is what i'm talking about you moron.

yeah, they ACT like they are badasses, and i think YOU are replacing their sight with what you WANT them to see.

mo°ron (mor'on),
n. 1...a person born with such a weak mind that s/he can be trained to read; person who does not develope beyond the mental age of eight or twelve years. A moron is less mentally deficient than an imbecile or idiot. 2...informal. a stupid of annoyingly ignorant person; dullard; dunce.

learn the definition of a word before you use it. we only have a formal relationship, thus you must mean definition ONE. hmmm... nope, that i am not. i believe you on your own have made it clear who is the moron in this thread.

Quote:
now why don't you go to your little la la land and leave us people alone. (the people who have a damned life and accept it) oh and one more thing......

now, why don't you read up in those textbooks of yours and come back when you are done FLAMING people. i am looking for right of reason, not derogatory verbs and name-calling.

Quote:
GET INFO BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH JERKOFF.

Touche.
Old 12-11-2000, 05:46 PM   #10   [permalink]
Kytanna

Leave me the hell alone ------- you don't like gundam then get out of the damned forum. Stop wasting our time. And I'm leaving this forum you should be happy. Well buh bye Jerkoff.

Old 12-11-2000, 06:23 PM   #11   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

Quote:
Leave me the hell alone ------- you don't like gundam then get out of the damned forum. Stop wasting our time. And I'm leaving this forum you should be happy. Well buh bye Jerkoff.

So would anybody like to please help me to open my mind to what is so great about Gundam? i am not looking to offend you, nor am i looking to get flamed ::glares and Kytanna:: nor am i trying to make anyone leave, nor am i trying to down the anime.

all i am simply doing is asking for your reasons so as why Gundam is so great. i am willing to open my mind if you are willing to share your thoughts in an ORGANIZED manner. ::glares at Kytanna:: i know you can be smarter than a few lame cirse words that we have all heard before. i donot know why you are so upset. you are the one flaming ME, remember? all i am doing is apologizing for your rude behavior and trying to keep this on subject. and the subject is not to flame, but rather to inform and share ideas... i am willing to reason though you may not. adieu.^^
Old 12-11-2000, 06:38 PM   #12   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
ok, gundam wing isnt the best anime out there but i still enjoy it. the thing that drew me into it was the political and military side of it, like how the colonies were decieved by ozz and how the sanct kingdom was re-established, i had never seen anything like that in anime before (i am sure there are animes that deal with that topic, if so enlighten me) the characters where dry but i also thoroughly enjoyed seeing them interact, and come to the realization that their existence was verified through piloting the gundams.
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 06:41 PM   #13   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
let's all be nice people...
I just thought I'd add Ghost in the Shell to the list of anime that isn't fan service.

I too would like to know what is so darn fabulous about GW, and would also like to defend TENCHI MUYO!!! that had heaps awesome animation and drawing!!! Furthermore it has a real storyline that develops. There's a tiny bit of fan service in it, bu that's only Ryoko anyway and she wouldn't be her unless she did the things she did, it's to help contrast her to Ayeka.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 08:45 PM   #14   [permalink]
ssjkasey
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to ssjkasey
Well, I'll through my two cents in. Why do people like Gundam? That in itself is a rather silly question. I'm sure fans of Gundam didn't wake up one day and say, "I think I'll like Gundam". That's not really the way it works.
You cannot choose to like something. If Gundam connects with someone, then good. If it doesn't, then that fine as well.

Quote:
So would anybody like to please help me to open my mind to what is so great about Gundam?
How? You said you have watched the series and disliked it. Gundam is what someone feels it is. There is no way to make other people feel the same way about what you love. It can't be debated that an opinion is wrong. You formed your opinion of the show by watching it. And likewise, they watched the show and formed their own opinion. When something connects with someone it is hard to explain why. Havok, if your point is to have someone "open your mind to what is so great about Gundam" then you came here for a silly reason. I know you don't need someone to tell you something is good so you can like it. You didn't like Gundam because it didn't connect with you. They liked Gundam because in some way, it did connect with them. There really isn't much way to debate something like this. Gundam being a "good" anime isn't a fact. It is just an opinion. It is as simple as that.

Now, please tell me your favorite food, and the reasons you like it.
ssjkasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 08:47 PM   #15   [permalink]
Draco
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Draco
Gundam tells the story pretty well, i liked the peom heero was reading to a class in space, it has a strong connecttion with the story, i forget what is about, something to do with human need to fight
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote