Old 10-04-2001, 09:56 AM   #1   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Guys this is my original character and I hope you enjoy him. It is a bit darker than my other stuff but I hope that it shows my range as a writer and that I have been influenced by a variety of sources. Of course this is an homage of sorts to Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira and Matt Wagner's Grendel. Enjoy!

---------------------------------
Shadowolf: Gaijin Oni

Ken had not seen what he had done to the member of the Kozuma gang. All he cared about was protecting his own turf from them. The honor of the Fujikakwa gang must be upheld and the upstart he had just killed tried to take that from him. The honor of his clan would not allow it.

Earlier that day

All the gangs met at Tezuka's Bar. It was the only place that they did not need to contend with adults, authority, or the Dragons that preyed on the citizens of Tokyo. It had been nearly three hundred years since the world had collapsed into an economic and political holocaust due to World War VIII in the year 2158. Most countries were left without a leader. None of the countries had a strong leader or group to bring them back into power, none except the Keijin family of Japan.

Their leader set himself up as the Daiyimo and isolated the country from the rest of the world. Daiyimo Osama Keijin set up an order that made things once again peaceful in a land that had been chaotic. The leader had the foresight to see that a military in a country were still seen as a sort of governing force and used them to enforce a sort of neo-feudalism. This neo-feudalism created four castes, the shogunate, priests, soldiers, and commoners. Essentially all levels above commoner had power in the parliament governing structure. Unlike past feudal systems, Osama made it possible for one to advance to a higher level and life became generally pleasant.

Unfortunately this new order ended effectively with Osama's death and the succession of his son, Anotsu. His son was a much more stubborn man and very slowly the system that Osama had set up became the feudal system that had been seen in the past. Anotsu had a reign of terror that continued to the present with his descendant Akira Keijin. The priests told the Daiyimo the things that it wanted to hear. The samurai patrolled the streets making sure order was upheld. The shoguns of the various clans made sure that tribute was paid to the great Daiyimo, Akira Keijin.

The only kink in the Daiyimo's plans was the emergence of a current generations and its gangs. These gangs mainly consisted of youths that went around sporting unique symbols to each group. These gangs organized themselves as a sort of collection of miniature group of samurai clans. The Daiyimo did not recognize their status as members of the Brotherhood of Grendel. Still these gangs continued to exist and there was nothing that he could do about it.

It was to the Fujikawa "Clan" that sixteen year old Ken Okinwa belonged. At the bar that morning, a member of the Kozuma Clan had insulted him and his gang. Ken could not stand for this and after the Kozuma member left, so did Ken. Ken followed the gang member and while on the member was on his motorcycle, Ken pulled out the standard weapon for gang members, a sort of billy club that when swung correctly would flip out a double-pronged blade that left a nasty mark. This blade was retractable and would flip back into its casing easily much like a switchblade. Ken used the blade and savagely killed the rival gang member. Ken felt no remorse for what he had done.

At the palace of the Daiyimo

Tetsuma sat in his quarters, meditating. He was the Chief of Tokyo Security. Tetsuma had been picked for his abilities in combat and for the services that he had performed for the Daiyimo before his ascension. But now there was something that threatened Tetsuma's master, Over the past week, the words I AM THE WOLF were appearing on buildings, public places, and other compromising areas. It had put the commoners into a state of questioning the will of their Daiyimo. This individual was undermining the basic structure of how things operated for upper class in Japan.

Tetsuma had as much concern for the messages as had for the gangs. The gangs were seriously taking away from public support of the Daiyimo and the three hundredth anniversary of the Keijin Ascension was coming up. If someone were to undermine the authority of the Daiyimo and his shoguns now, then it was quite possible that the next three hundred years would not be ruled by a Keijin Daiyimo. It was Tetsuma's job to make sure this possibility never became a reality.

Tetsuma then began a kata to clear his mind.

Ninth District Vocational Training School

Ken went to school the next day as he did any other day. It was first period with Mr. Miyamoto, the chemistry teacher. In the class was the head of the Kozuma Clan, Ryu Kozuma, who hated any and all members of the Fujikawa Clan. If it was up to him, Ryu would have killed any Fujikawa member but he couldn't. It was illegal in school to wear the your "colors" or to show that you belonged to a gang of any sort. Also as it is with any school, violence was strictly prohibited from taking place, so that meant no weapons were allowed on campus or fighting.

Ryu knew about the death of Sho, and he knew who had killed him. This death had hit Ryu harder than any other since Sho was Ryu's cousin. Until that time the Fujikawa and Kozuma Clans had barely been able to keep a truce but this assault meant that brief period of peace was over. The killer of my cousin is in here and you will pay, KEN OKINWA! You will pay with your own blood, Ryu thought to himself.

Ken sat across the room and saw the look on Ryu's face as he turned around to look around the room. Ken had no interest in the class or in school for that matter. To him there was no purpose in going to a school that only existed for the amusement of the Daiyimo. His teacher, Mr. Miyamoto did not see things Ken's way.

"MR. OKINWA!" Miyamoto yelled at a startled Ken, "Will you please go to the board to write the answer to the algebra problem?"

"Yeah, sure, whatever," the bored teen exclaimed.

Later that day after classes had been dismissed, Mr. Miyamoto brought Ken into his room. "Now Mr. Okinwa, I know that you don't have much interest in my class and for that matter school but I see a lot of potential in you boy. I think that you could rise above the status that society has placed on you. You could be a scientist, an engineer, a-" Mr. Miyamoto said before Ken interrupted with the following

"I don't give a rats ass on what you think. All I care about is my bike and my gang. Those are the only things that I need in my life. I don't want to be an engineer or any of that crap you said. Since I am a ronin, I don't need to do-" Ken told a stunned Mr. Miyamoto.

"You can't be a ronin," Mr. Miyamoto replied.

"I can and I am. Face it, you teachers are nothing nowadays, so quit your job and do something that would be productive," Ken said to the teacher. After that Ken walked out of the room.

That night
It was at Tezuka's that Ken saw her. Kan had never seen anyone quite like her. It seemed that she had never come into that place and all he wanted to do was hold her near him. Yet somehow she was familiar. Who is that girl? He would constantly think to himself Why do I keep thinking that I know you? Ryu Kozuma came in and ruined the moment.

"I know what you did Ken Okinwa! You killed Shiro, my cousin and you will pay in blood! Tommorrow night I want you by the old freeway for a duel. You don't show, the Fujikawa Clan show themselves to be the cowards that they are," Ryu spoke to Ken.

"Fine I'll come and kill you too. Prepare your own grave Ryu," ken responded.

Elsewhere in the city, Shadowolf surveyed the area. This was his town and he made his mark. The Daiyimo saw it and was scared. Shadowolf knew this for a fact but he something else. Shadowolf somehow knew he would not last to see the downfall of the Daiyimo. Shadowolf needed a student to carry on his mission and he knew who would carry on his legacy. He only needed to find him before it was too late.
--------------------------------
Add your comments and criticisms
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 02:10 PM   #2   [permalink]
Reika the Dark Angel
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Reika the Dark Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Reika the Dark Angel
*smiles* Well, what can i say. It's a very well thought out piece of work. At first I got kind of confused but after a moment it made sense. Anyway, it's looks like it's going to be a very good story and I hope you continue it.
Old 10-04-2001, 02:53 PM   #3   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I plan on it. This story is going to be much smaller than my other one but I plan on doing plenty of series in between each act of Sailor Moon X DBZ. It's my baby and I hope I can keep things interesting. I do need to work on the organiztion and this only my first draft which I have sort of revised and my post here again.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote