Old 12-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fizzgig

Iframe Help

Greetings everyone,

I know I always ask for much or very complicated things, maybe this one it might be easier solved:

The stage:
Main Page - index.html (2 links subpage-fan.html and a sub-subpage fanart.html)

Subpage - fan.html (has iframe named-quickview and loads updates.html as the default html loaded in the iframe)

Iframe: Quickview - inside the iframe there is a link fanart.html

Everything works great, click on fan.html, loads the page and the updates.html just fine, inside the iframe if you click on fanart.html it loads that page just fine in the iframe.

Now the PROBLEM: I wish to be able to click on the fanart.html on the Main page and have it load the fan.html subpage but also have the iframe load fanart.html instead of the default updates.html

Any suggestions, help etc. I've done may google searches with some possible answers but came either way too complicated or didn't work for that person. I'm sure if you can't do this with HTML/DHTML/CSS or Javascript

Thanks to all who try to help.
The Anime PowerHouse
http://www.tapanime.com
Fizzgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #2   [permalink]
h-AteBreEd

Originally Posted by Fizzgig
Greetings everyone,

I know I always ask for much or very complicated things, maybe this one it might be easier solved:

The stage:
Main Page - index.html (2 links subpage-fan.html and a sub-subpage fanart.html)

Subpage - fan.html (has iframe named-quickview and loads updates.html as the default html loaded in the iframe)

Iframe: Quickview - inside the iframe there is a link fanart.html

Everything works great, click on fan.html, loads the page and the updates.html just fine, inside the iframe if you click on fanart.html it loads that page just fine in the iframe.

Now the PROBLEM: I wish to be able to click on the fanart.html on the Main page and have it load the fan.html subpage but also have the iframe load fanart.html instead of the default updates.html

Any suggestions, help etc. I've done may google searches with some possible answers but came either way too complicated or didn't work for that person. I'm sure if you can't do this with HTML/DHTML/CSS or Javascript

Thanks to all who try to help.
I suppose you are not able to build links on the main page that load in the Iframe? Maybe you're only able to build links in the Iframe that display in the Iframe.

Well in that case, to load a page in an Iframe when clicking on the main page, do this.
If I'm not wrong, your Iframe first needs to get a name, like this:

<iframe name="quickview" ....

Your hyperlinks should look like this:

The link on the main page:

<a href="fanart.html" target="quickview">Fanart</a>

This should do it, I hope.
h-AteBreEd is offline   Reply With Quote