Old 24-02-2001, 01:28 PM   #1   [permalink]
Megumi

Send a message via ICQ to Megumi Send a message via AIM to Megumi
Ok, since Geocities stopped offsite linking w/ no prior warning... (at least I wasn't warned) I am looking for a service that is specifically for the purpose of storing images for offsite linking. does anyone know of one? I don't want to sign up for another website like homestead or something and have them make the same change, so that's why I am looking for a service intended for this purpose. Please excuse me if this topic was done, I can't keep up with all the topics on AB.

And to the people who are going to reply and say "Pay $20 a month for hosting" then please just refrain this time, because I already have a website on animenext.com where the server is paid for, I just don't want to clutter it with personal files since it's a relatively large website in need of all the space that is being payed for.

Thank you!
Mistress of Megukai
Megumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2001, 01:35 PM   #2   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

read http://animeboards.com/forums/showth...threadid=10668 there's a way around geocities

also read http://animeboards.com/forums/showth...threadid=10648

how much bandwidth do you get when you pay for animenext.com hosting ?

Old 24-02-2001, 01:58 PM   #3   [permalink]
Megumi

Send a message via ICQ to Megumi Send a message via AIM to Megumi
Thank you Eva2000, and thanks for moving my thread to the proper forum as well. In your poll about cheap hosting thru you I chose not interested now because currently I don't have any money to spend, especially on something like file storage. That's why I am even using a geocities account in the first place. Even with the good prices you are planning to offer I still can't swing it. ^^; But thanks. The trick you mentioned in the other thread should be good for me for now.

And as to your question about animenext.com, I will have to throw the answer your way a bit later since I am a techno-idiot and I don't have anything to do with the hosting of the site. I just work on the design and concepts and write some cold fusion and make a lot of graphics. Once my friend who handles all the stuff I'm not cool enough to understand wakes up I'll ask him and let you know. ^_^

I'm actually quite "special" in that department... I know my way around Photoshop, I know a bit of cold fusion, I know HTML... yet I am a total loser when it comes to everything else... No one understands how I can proficiently produce a web page and still be in the dark when it comes to computers. ^_^ I'm "special." *giggles insanely*
Mistress of Megukai
Megumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2001, 07:50 PM   #4   [permalink]
mrgazpacho
Forum Master

That's why Macs were invented.
Old 25-02-2001, 10:04 PM   #5   [permalink]
shinji15j

ewww i hate macs *runs away screaming*
shinji15j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2001, 06:22 PM   #6   [permalink]
Megumi