Old 18-12-2000, 06:08 AM   #1   [permalink]
Invincyble
Inactive Email Account

Send a message via AIM to Invincyble
People didnt know each other like they never met, even tho it's 5 years later.
Animation was very weak.
What did you think of it ?
Invincyble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2000, 01:46 PM   #2   [permalink]
Japuka

Send a message via AIM to Japuka
To enjoy Chronicles of the Heroic Knight you have to forget quite a bit of what you saw in the OAVs. At first I didn't like it either, but I stuck with it, and I found it to be very enjoyable. Sure the Welcome to Lodoss Island parts were kind of strange, but humorous in their own way. Having just recently finished watching the entire series (finally) I have to say that it was worth it. I enjoy both but I still try to not compare the two.
Japuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2000, 03:19 PM   #3   [permalink]
LP

Send a message via ICQ to LP
I liked the storyline, especially the thing with Ashram and why he was doing the things he did. I was quite "wowed" by that actually.

But Animation was BY FAR the weakest point of the entire series. VERY inconsistent, and at times, just brutal to look at. The animation in the opening, however, is a totally different story. It was fantastic.

I saw the entire series dubbed, and didn't like the majority of the voices. I wonder what the sub is like ...
LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2000, 06:23 PM   #4   [permalink]
Celes Chere

Send a message via Yahoo to Celes Chere
I thought it was completely unessesary to drag it out like that. Well at leat the second half of it anyway, I mean it totaly turned into a 'cute' anime >_<.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2000, 09:41 AM   #5   [permalink]
Ura
Forum Master

Yeah, to me there is only one Lodoss War, the OAV. I really didn't like the TV series (well what I saw, I stuck with it for 10 eps). It was better that Ashram died fighting Parn in the final OAV. So yes I was dissapointed
Ura is offline   Reply With Quote