Old 21-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #31   [permalink]
ZyLiNdEr X

Send a message via AIM to ZyLiNdEr X
Red face Thought on Seed Destiny

I thought it was good though there were some troubles with the story. I am a Gundam addict. Mecha drawings were great. though for a reason most suits looked a lot alike to Original Gundam. So a little more detail sould have been put there.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #32   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
I have to be blunt, this is the worse ending of any Gundam series even SD Defender wasn't this bad. It's pretty darn obiviously that Fudaka literately took a nice steamly one on the last segement to ensure a third trilogy with the same cast at the last second. The two pointless "clipshows" and an episode on a one-sideness of Terminal forces against vastly superior forces that Lord Dullindal has. The last battle makes Feddies's general rapage throughtout the series into mere harssiment. The amount of fandom that Strike Freedom receives from the production crew is just sicking. The series should have been called "SEED Strike Freedom". At least would give viewers a heads-up on what the series was really about.

Jesus Yamato basically went against Lord Dullindal, because he supports "free-will". Rey helping out Jesus Yamato was completely forced and a measure to ensure that Mr. Perfect does't stain his "pure" hands. Shinn is still confused as hell and probably ends up being the next series main villain. WTF, was the point of last shot that Neo-GENESIS fired? It would have been somewhat interesting that it managed to hit the Earth not Orb necessary. At least Lord Dullindal would have lefted a nasty parting gift to Termial before getting nailed like an archtypical 70s-esquse spy film villain. Alas, Miss. "virtually infallable and correct" cannot have that happening.

I can make a far superior ending with all the pre-existing elements. At the same spare the "Big Four", and give Shinn and the series meaningful and well-deserved closure.

The ending text should really read (Shinn: "Thank you for stealing my spotlight.")

I think the only way fans of Jesus Yamato could be happier is if there was a scene of Athrun blowing him.

At least we get one consolation, since you don't see the bodies so Talia, Lord Dullindal and Rey, therefore I claim, they are not dead! And the fact that Luna and Shinn are going to have miserable post-war sex when they are rescued.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #33   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

It was a ---- weak ending.

The amount of fandom that Strike Freedom receives from the production crew is just sicking. The series should have been called "SEED Strike Freedom". At least would give viewers a heads-up on what the series was really about.

It had 4 episodes of action, only a blind man would realize ep 50 wasn't IJ and Akatski model kit selling time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #34   [permalink]
DarkMagician
Executive Member

The ending is one of the those endings that would have mixed reactions from people(And I'm guessing the majority would hate it since I've heard rumours from another board that even the staffs who worked on Destiny were complaining about it).

It does seem rushed. Almost nothing is solved except for the bad guy being killed. And speaking of which why is it that they seemed so hell bent on making Dulindal as an evil tyrant who has to be stopped? From what I've seen he truly did care for his people and his plan, though flawed was widely accepted. As for Shin, he was the main character of the series. And although it didn't seem like it, Shin's story I felt comes to a close with Destiny's ending. At the beginning he is a lonely boy who's lost his family. Throughout Destiny he meets new people, became a soldier, suffers more losses yet and at time questions whether or not his side is right. At the end of it all he preservered and despite losing the battle he can finally put his past behind him and he doesn't have to fight anymore. And seeing as how Luna survived, he also isn't lonely anymore. He is finally free to live his life as a man. I actually realised that Stellar's death wasn't really wasted character potential after this ep, her death was essential to Shin's development. Sting and Auel however, were pretty much wasted potential.

I also didn't like that they didn't have anything explained like how the hell did Mwu survived? What of the relationship between Athrun and Cagali? In any case it's been confirmed there's going to be a 40 minute special episode coming out in the future. Maybe this will be a proper epilogue to the series.

"It doesn't matter how many maggots you've got! I'll crush them all!" Albel Nox (Star Ocean 3)

"Muhahahahahahahaha!" Albel Nox (Star Ocean 3)

Last edited by DarkMagician; 02-10-2005 at 07:14 PM.
DarkMagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #35   [permalink]
Lengis
Forum Junkie

>>>>>>In any case it's been confirmed there's going to be a 40 minute special episode coming out in the future.

Sounds like a BAD idea. Seriously, this series is dead. They ruined it.

"This one is called Vegeta's Big Bang Attack BIGGU BUNG ATTACKYA!!"
Lengis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:45 AM   #36   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Yes a 40 minute OVA to tie up loose ends to a series that just stopped is a horrible idea.

Thank god your not in charge of any anime studios.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #37   [permalink]
Lengis
Forum Junkie

Flaming doesn't work when you are too stupid to know the correct usage of the word "you're".

Old 10-10-2005, 06:46 AM   #38   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I hate to sink to your level but your reported.

Too bad theres nothing subliminal about "your too stupid". and I can ask a Mod to look at your PM to me which linked the rules. So you can't plead ignorance either.

Last edited by Westlo; 10-10-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 22-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #39   [permalink]
Lengis
Forum Junkie

Nice threat. Too bad it fell on deaf ears.

*pinches your cheek*

Don't take the internet so seriously.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #40   [permalink]
MauveVandal
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to MauveVandal
My thoughts on Gundam SEED DESTINY: