Old 06-09-2006, 08:26 AM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
So I've finished Seed (spoilers ahoy)

Been playing the new-ish Gundam Seed Destiny at the arcades lately, (have been playing these Gundam arcade games for a couple of years now) and well playing this has sparked my interest in the series. So I grabbed Seed and Seed Destiny off my friends and have been making my way through it these past few weeks, well I've managed to finish Seed now.

Now my Gundam knowledge is limited, watched (and own) 08th MS Team and 0083 Stardust Memories. Have also watched bits and pieces of Wing and the original. But I must say I quite enjoyed Gundam Seed for all its flashy all so super cool looking mobile suits, but admittingly I really didn't like many of the characters, they're angsty, whiney and/or jerks, they just get on my nerves but hey they're teenagers.

Action was plenty but nothing really memorable. Usually wound up the same, with Kira beating or disabling them (so that they may flee and come and fight another day). Just really all flashy shots in the end. But I guess if any, I did quite enjoy the first few encounters with Calamity, Raider and Forbidden on Orb, and the desert battle against Andrew Waltfeld (because I'm fond of Bacues because I used to use them a lot when I was playing Gundam Seed arcade).

Deaths, now Flay, sure I really despised her throughout the whole series, but she deserved more then just getting killed off in the final episode, I mean all that crap she had to go through just to be blasted by Providence ... feels very unsatisfying for some reason. And speaking of unsatisfying deaths, the deaths of the pilots of Calamity, Raider and Forbidden, I just didn't feel any satsifaction seeing those jerks die the way they did.

Well it was quite a satisfying series. Not as great as my friends talked it up to be though but still was fun. Looking forward to starting Destiny soon, though I hear that was a bit of a let down.

Oh I've also watched, well skimmed through the new Stargazer ONA because it has Strike Noir who is my favourite to use in Gundam Seed Destiny arcade (been calling it the gunslinger till I found out its name), shame the ONA doesn't have it doing akimbo John Woo style barrel rolls which I love pulling off in the game.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #2   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
pssst! I hated Flay too. She was kind of a hoe, having sex with Kira and all...

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:34 AM   #3   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

She had sex once, hardly call her a "hoe", and well I don't really find teenagers having sex all that shocking in the world we live in now.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:58 PM   #4   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by orochi X
And speaking of unsatisfying deaths, the deaths of the pilots of Calamity, Raider and Forbidden, I just didn't feel any satsifaction seeing those jerks die the way they did.
I certainly agree with you on that.It's one of those scenes where it seems like the author forgot about a detail for rushed it in the end.

However I think it was very fitting for Flay to have a crappy death for a crappy character.Not just for the insanity and the constant whining,but she's completely passive.Every other char gets up their butts and try to resolve their problem but no her,oh no she bitches like a little princess and waits for other people to fix her problem.
Old 22-09-2006, 01:09 AM   #5   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Actually Fllay probably was the only character to get any sort of development in the series, a hell a lot more than Jesus Yamato's rise to power
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 01:50 AM   #6   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Mecha454
pssst! I hated Flay too. She was kind of a hoe, having sex with Kira and all...
Are we in the 1950's?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #7   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by Westlo
Are we in the 1950's?
Yes, Yes we, man who has avatar of the plot device Gundam
-Bishop Oro
Old 22-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #8   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Hello and welcome to Anime Boards.com!

Anyway, here's a gift basket for you becoming a new member… It includes; A yogurt Launcher, A free coupon to eat at a Himalayas Restaurant for 5$ off, some pilfered skittles, A cat grooming brush, Some toe nail clippings, and this handy book of gross interpretation of the forum rules… Enjoy!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #9   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

So you post an old quote of mine welcoming new members instead of defending yourself?

I'm not mad at you, I'm just... disapointed
-Bishop Oro

Last edited by Black_Knight; 05-10-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:30 AM   #10   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Why would I defend against such a weak flame like that? Especially coming from oh my gawd i lub eva unit 3!!!!! ^^ <3 xxooXXOOxxoo ^___________^ <3

You're like Destiny BK, you had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage.
Old 28-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #11   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

So I got around to finishing Destiny today, it was an on and off affair for me with the sequel but I got to the end.

Started out promising but that was about it for Destiny.

Too many reoccuring themes and events, did nothing for the previous series, just felt like a rehash. Exisiting characters played a poor part in Destiny, not much character development for there behalf, actually more like character undevelopment for Athrun. And Yzak and Dearka just confused me in the end, abrutly deciding to just help Eternal once more. Wait what gives?

New characters. Shinn I grew to dislike as each episode passed, he had potential as a character but I just grew sick of his ignorance and his blah blah it's all Orbs fault, oh no now it's all Freedom now and your fault blah blah you don't know nothing about me. And even with the ending I'm still not sure where he stands.

But hey a new series means some flashy new looking units right? Okay okay the Zakus, Goufs and Doms (those 3 Doms kicked ass) are just rehashes of their original UC counterpart. Umm how about Impulse? No I got sick of that transformation sequence real quick. Legend is just Providence. Chaos and Abyss were average looking. Akatsuki ... more like Hayuki Shiki. Oh how about that massive Destroy? That was cool I mean the first Destroy piloted by Stellar, all so powerful. ZAFT were wiped with ease, even Shinn and Kira had a bit of trouble taking it down. The following Destroy units, a few slashes and they were down for the count. What?! (Why can't they be that easy on stage 5 route D of the arcade game!). Destiny then? Sure butterfly wings do look real nice but I'm not that easily impressed. I guess the only new unit I liked was Gaia.

I don't know this series felt like wasted potential. I do hope the upcoming movie will tie off the Cosmic Era events better then this.
Old 25-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #12   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by Westlo
Why would I defend against such a weak flame like that? Especially coming from oh my gawd i lub eva unit 3!!!!! ^^ <3 xxooXXOOxxoo ^___________^ <3

You're like Destiny BK, you had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage.

On the contray, I'm Jesus Yamato powered, just that I have to keep it in check. It's the fact that I have been constantly in the miasma that is 4chan has caused me to grow much stronger. Pretty much the norm there for starting a debate ("You're ------- retarded" and "Eat ---- and Die") are the norm, here, not so much. Bannable offenses on 4chan, well they are felonies in most countries. So I just have to watch what I say now, even a trival item got me a warning. Not good if I want to survive seeing how much I've done here. Made Forums, Killed Forums, created rules, 1 specifically done against me... Good times I don't want to lose
-Bishop Oro
Old 23-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #13   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

You might think you're Jordan on the Wizards but you're closer to Hakeem on the Raptors.
Old 24-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #14   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

-Bishop Oro
Old 19-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #15   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Some time ago I watched Seed Destiny (this was prior to learning there had been a series called Seed) and at around the ep 36 mark it was marked licensed and disappeared from the more legitimate torrent networks. Being that I generally try to be a good fan about it, I let it drop. Even though I had mostly enjoyed the series and was impacted by Stellar.

I then rented Seed but gave up fairly early on due to really poor disc quality.

Now, just recently, temptation was too great, and I downloaded the final 15 episodes. Naturally I watched from the begining of Seed destiny cos it had been years.

Wow, what a mediocre anime. Granted it was written for teenagers, it plays like it was written by teenagers. Sorry, but I doubt anyone going through a hell like that has the time and self pity left to cry that damned often and not be a wreck. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of psychological trauma that is allowed to fester and destroy otherwise useful soldiers.

I am really disappointed that I spent that extra 600mb downloading Final Plus. Why not just release the extra few minutes of new footage? Fark, youtube could take it. Pointless.

What the hell was the point of Destiny? I mean, I never saw Seed to its conclusion but seeing as the final winning ship is the Archangel, piloted by pretty much all the same crew from Seed, even returning Mu to the crew, what the hell was the point? Why show us the Minerva? Shinn? Lunamaria? Rey? Stellar? It was all a long pointless exercise in how ------- righteous the Eternal and Archangel were. You may as well have painted the minerva green, stuck Shinn in a zaku and added a sidenote: "oh by the way, Zaft has some good pilots and captains too".

In the end, they removed some WMDs and threw the world back into uncertainty. Oh sure, "Final Plus" has peace finally being found. Yeh. Sure. Head of state assassinated by a bunch of traitors, entire colony wiped out, entire military force defending the WMDs.. yeh, Im sure the naturals who've thus far fought over every little goddamn thing, are suddenly going to go "you know what, sure they didnt do the right thing, but all those signal flares in the sky are pretty!".

I really don't like Kira, Cagalli, fark it, most of them Orb people. I mean, I like some components of their role. But why do they get to be the heroes when they directly made the war worse when they defended Orb? The forces were ready to surrender, nobody knew where Djinbril or whatever his name was, was. Cagalli comes in, intensifies the fighting, which means the bodycount went right up. Her govt was incapable of finding or controlling the elements that supporter djinbril, yet thought they should have the right to do it anyway..resulting in him getting away while Zaft and Orb died over it.

I thought it was rather disgusting really. The idea that a couple of individuals can brute force literally hundreds of millions of people. Aren't we just lucky that Kira was a "good guy" eh? Id take Shinji Ikari over him any day. At least berserker boy was screwed up and not that superior to everyone else. Lacus sits there biting her lip worrying about Kira..but why? Its not like he can actually die. A sword goes through your mecha, right before a big explosion, causes an explosion etc, yet the cockpit somehow remains at a safe temperature, air tight, pressure safe and so forth.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote