Old 04-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #1   [permalink]
matttco

Some Questions (spoilers).

I tried to search for these but got lost in a sea of threads, so here are some questions.

What did gendo want to use Adam for? Did Gendo want it to be a planet of just him and yui? He obviously wanted something different then SEELE, and then rei pick shingi over him and ruined his plan.

Why kill the angels? Just because the Dead Sea scrolls? And didnít the angles want to make us all one also? Or did they have a different purpose with Adam and lithe.

If SEELE can make angles (as seen in the end of Eva) why even have nerve and evas..Why not just make a bunch of their own angels and use them (the ones with lips) and without lithe, how did seele make angels? Did they do it under Nerv without them knowing?

I know this is a big debate, but what if Gendo told Risku that he was her father. Gendo is messed up and sick, and to me this would kind of make sense...shingi would technique be her brother but from a different mother.

Anyway thouse are the things I had questions about after watching the series, dc cuts, and movies. Your thoughts?

(Note forgive spelling im at work and have to type fast :>) )
matttco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #2   [permalink]
BrikHaus81
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to BrikHaus81
What did gendo want to use Adam for?

Whoever initiated the 3rd Impact was apparently able to shape it to their own liking. Gendo wanted to be reunited with Yui. There was no way to bring her back from the dead, and if he died his soul wouldn't unite with her's because it was inside of Unit 01. He assumed that the only way to see her again was for their souls to be joined in Complementation.

Why kill the angels?

Because there was no way to tell what the aftermath of the 3rd Impact would be like if an angel merged with Adam. SEELE wanted to prevent this so they had enough time to initiate the 3rd Impact on their own and shape it as they wanted it.

If SEELE can make angles (as seen in the end of Eva) why even have nerve and evas..Why not just make a bunch of their own angels and use them (the ones with lips) and without lithe, how did seele make angels? Did they do it under Nerv without them knowing?

SEELE did not make any angels. Those white "angels" to which you are referring are the Mass-Produced Evas. They are Evangelions, but controlled by the Dummy Plug System using the soul of Kaworu. NERV knew about the Mass-Produced Evas as they are mentioned near the end of the series, but not actually shown until the movie. SEELE would have had full access to anything under NERV control (e.g. Lilith) before they turned against NERV HQ in episode 24, so it would have been quite easy for them to create the Mass-Produced Evas.

what if Gendo told Risku that he was her father.

This is very unlikely. He was sleeping with Ritsuko's mother Naoko, but Ritsuko is far too old to be his daughter. Presumably Gendo and Ritsuko met when she joined Gehirn (the early name for NERV) and at that time she was already in her mid-to-late twenties. If Gendo had truly loved Yui then it is doubtful he would have cheated on her with Naoko so long ago that Ritsuko could have been his child.

If you rewatch the series and movie you will pick up on more of these things. Some of them can be subtle and easily missed the first time through.

Last edited by BrikHaus81; 05-05-2006 at 12:51 AM.
BrikHaus81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #3   [permalink]
matttco

Ah thank you, all thouse answers seem correct. So then Did gendo say "I love you" or "I used you" Or "I never loved you?" What is the commen belief on that?
matttco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #4   [permalink]
BrikHaus81
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to BrikHaus81
A lot of people think it was "I truly loved you." Of course, that is mere speculation. Just pick which you like best and go with it
Old 07-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #5   [permalink]
KASHANKA

Quote:
Because there was no way to tell what the aftermath of the 3rd Impact would be like if an angel merged with Adam. SEELE wanted to prevent this so they had enough time to initiate the 3rd Impact on their own and shape it as they wanted it.
Exactly, nobody really knew what would happen if the angels initiate 3rd impact. Remember that while humans "ate of the tree of wisdom" the angels "ate from the tree of life".
A common opinion is that all life (or at leat all humans) would be obliderated.

I'm a fan of the "Humanity is also an angel" theory, and I think that any 3rd impact would just combine all beeings into one. An angel-intiated 3rd impact would simply be more effective than the Shinji-driven one we see in the movies. But this is all just my humble opinion.
Old 25-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #6   [permalink]
stealyphil99

So at the end of EOE did Yui choose to stay inside of unit 01?
stealyphil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #7   [permalink]
stealyphil99

Nevermind, just found out that she did. I also agree with most that that was a stupid decision. I don't know why she would want to just leave her husband, and her son, who desperatly needs her love and affection. But i guess she kind of struck me as a person who was always more interested in her work than anything else, also in the survival of the human race.
stealyphil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #8   [permalink]
StarChild

Originally Posted by stealyphil99
Nevermind, just found out that she did. I also agree with most that that was a stupid decision. I don't know why she would want to just leave her husband, and her son, who desperatly needs her love and affection. But i guess she kind of struck me as a person who was always more interested in her work than anything else, also in the survival of the human race.
I don't think Yui can ever leave Unit 01. She's forever "merged" with it. NERV tried to recover her when she was first "merged" with the Eva and they failed. The only time NERV succeeded in recovering a soul back from an Eva was with Shinji when he sync'ed over 400% with his Eva and he only "came back" with the aid of his mother who was already "merged" with the Eva.