Old 29-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #1   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Thumbs up Gunsmith Cats Manga is being re-released

Dark Horse Comics is re-releasing the Gunsmith Cats manga in four jam packed novels containing appoximately 450 pages each, and 80 pages of additional material that has been unavailable to english readers. The release date scheluded (so far) is the first half quarter of 2007.

For more details, please read this thread.

This is great news, as after I saw the anime I always wanted to read the manga but there was no place to get it. Fans of the anime who haven't read it yet, don't miss out on your opporunity! And for previous owners, time to update your collection.
hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Yes definitely a great oppurtunity for me to get my hands on the manga. Like you I quite enjoyed the OVAs when I caught them a couple of years back, and I too was yearning for more Rally and May action.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #3   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

80 pages of new material?! Bah, I've already got all 8 of the Dark Horse TPB's!! *bangs head on table*

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #4   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Great series ... along with Riding Bean!

Nice blend of action, drama and slapstick to keep the audience guessing and entertained.

The only thing holding this series back IMO is the adult nature of May's "side job" ... the U.S. is
definitely more conservative in this regard.

I remember recommending Gunsmith Cats and Riding Bean to some friends years ago ... not realizing that the Manga was significantly more adult in nature and when I borrowed the Manga to see what the series left out ... got a surprise @@.

Good thing I didn't recommend the anime it to my nephews ... they have a habit of finding the source manga ... (my sister would have killed me).
Old 19-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #5   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Bugger. I too own the 8 TPB's of Gunsmith Cats. And it is a hard choice isn't it. While I wouldn't even flap an eyelid at it normally but with 80 pages extra it really gets you thinking doesnít it. Itís about 3 extra chapters per novel which is quite worth it. But then again, knowing Gunsmith Cats it is probably just 80 pages of Rally in the shower again.
Old 13-05-2007, 03:53 AM   #6   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Just picked up the first one randomly today. I didn't even know that it just came out recently. Haven't read it yet. When I do, I'll be sure to say something about it here.
Old 17-05-2007, 02:54 AM   #7   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
It will be interesting to hear your feedback on it. I kind of want to know if it is worth buying all over again.
Old 20-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #8   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Oh sure thing. I h