Old 20-08-2000, 11:30 AM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Asuka
Local user
(1/26/00 1:25:20 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All End of Evangelion, my theory...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've seen EOE (Air, Heart and "I need you.") six times within a span of about three days and I think that I understand it. I think that during the period where Asuka and Shinji are fighting in the kitchen (in Shinji's mind) Asuka is treating him the way he thinks that all of the people he's come in contact with have treated him. He asks of her the same things that he's asked of the world before (ie; Don't kill me, Don't abandon me...) and she still refusees to be kind to him so by choking her he decides then and there in his mind that humanity should perish and that everyone should die. Then he has a conversation with Rei in his heart and wishes everyone, including himself dead so it happens and Lilith gathers everyone's soul (the glowing red dots) into her egg which is the now airborne Geo Front. Then after the EVA series crucifies itself Shinji has another discussion with Rei in his mind as they are "uniting" (^^; and he changes his mind and says that he would like to see everyone again and live again, then Lilith (everyone's souls combined into one) dies and everyone's souls regain their AT Fields... then Shinji wakes up next to Asuka and (This is my thought) thinks, "I've been left alive with the only person who truely hates me," and then he begins to choke her because he's still angry... Then she reaches up to pat his face lovingly as if to say, "I'm sorry," or,"I do care." and he stops. So, I think that at the end of the movie Asuka is reborn to be with Shinji and be his Eve... what do you think about this... the only thing I really don't understand is the sugnifigance of the glowing crosses sweeping over the earth, I get that the glowing red dots represent everyone's soul in their AT Field, but the crosses I don't get (If I was confusing just ask me what you need explained...) -Asuka

eva2000
Administrator
(1/26/00 1:01:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: End of Evangelion, my theory...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the truth is I have not seen the Eva movies myself only from what I have read (I don't mind spoilers myself).

But it would be nice if eva movie threads mention spoilers in the subject for those that don't like spoilers.

Asuka
Local user
(1/26/00 10:44:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Sorry ^^;;
I thought that the EVA movies discussion forum was for people who had actually the movies ^^;; I also thought that this MB was always on *spoiler alert* -Asuka

Asuka
Local user
(1/26/00 10:46:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Whoops!
I meant "people who had actually seen the movies" ^^;; Gomen ne! -Asuka

eva2000
Administrator
(1/26/00 11:10:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Whoops!
Yeah the message board is intend for discussing anything and everything about the Eva movies, but it is good to give people who haven't seen the movies a choice to view the info or not.

Really the discussion forum for this part was for throwing around the ideas or info on when Manga Entertainment will release them in US, UK and Australia.

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(5/24/00 2:31:27 pm)
it makes sense but what i don't understand is why only asuka is revived, she's basically dead or turned into lcl like everyone else, if she's revived why not everyone else, and as Adam and Eve how could they ever survive on the desolate and destroyed earth

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/24/00 5:55:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: End of Evangelion, my theory...
I like it Auska.... you expalin it better than I ever could... I believe that to... you gave a nice consise reason of the stranglling thing.... thanks.

Also I havnt decided if they are to be the Adam And EVe.... I am still debating that.... I am unsure as of yet.... but for a while now have been leaning towards that theory but anything can happen to an oppion once new evidence is brought up.

Also Auska didnt die maybe because she was the only other person in an EVA and it said that EVA's can live on without mankind... maybe this goes for the pilot and was being protected.... however I think devine intervention occured.. and Auska and Shinji were like soul mates destined to end like this. I think Shinji had the power to do what he wanted "This is the universe where you decide" I think he brought Auska back for he truelly does love her...

How would they of servived... well Adam and Eve relied on food from god's healthy plants... remmeber in Shinji's mind Auska and Shinji were in a hut with Pen2 I think this is the sort of thing that would happen if they were alone to repopulate the Earth. I dont think it was destoryed only the Egg of Lillith or the Black moon was brought up nothing else would of changed.

Now the crosses I think this is representation of all the souls, and a Christant cross signifying where all the souls were, then Lillith collected all the souls of the Earth. Why use a cross, well I think Anno picked that because it was relgious and signifies death which is closely related with 3rd Impact... but probably primarily because it looked good... I think it is that simple.
Access

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(5/25/00 4:39:32 am)
it makes sense, but i really don't like that ending, i guess i'm too used to having a hero who can save the world, i would think the least shinji could do was wish the world back to the way it was. The main problem i have with asuka is that even if sheltered from being turned into lcl she was dead due to the spears before 3rd impact even occurred. I wish that the director would explain his intention behind the ending, but i guess no matter how it's explained it's not really going to make the ending any happier.

3foolishmen
EVA-Pilot
(5/25/00 10:03:01 am)
Keroppilee: "The main problem i have with asuka is that even if sheltered from being turned into lcl she was dead due to the spears before 3rd impact even occurred."

Was Asuka killed before the 3rd I? I don't think she was. When she was inside Unit 02 reaching upwards toward the Eva series circling her and then her arm is sliced, it wasn't "her" arm, rather Unit 02's arm that was sliced. She only "felt" her arm being sliced. There is no indication following that actually shows her being killed, although the series feast on Unit 02.

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(5/25/00 10:30:54 am)
it's a shot of inside the cockpit, her arm was split, then it flashes to outside and the eva-02 is hit with the remaining spears

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(5/25/00 11:27:42 am)
And after that there is a scene of one of the Eva mass models chomping on the head of Eva 02. (It shows it flying, takes a bite from the part of 02, then throws it away)

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/25/00 2:17:00 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del no...
No I think it better that Anno DOESNT tell us what actually happens in the end of eva it makes it that much better lleaves it up to the audience to ponder the events.

Also you prefer your ending but remmeber just because you would prefer an ending doesnt mean it is so..... that is a bias way to look at annalysing thing.... we have to look for the most probable ending in two me their is 2 endings that are more probable then others.... this is only one of them.

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(5/25/00 3:03:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: no...
the ending is very open to interpretation, it is a sad ending however you look at it though.

3foolishmen
EVA-Pilot
(5/25/00 5:34:04 pm)
It's also sad in the sense that Anno was pressured into redoing the last 2 episodes. The whole act of making the movie goes against one of the fundamental messages of the TV series.

Yuusuke: "And after that there is a scene of one of the Eva mass models chomping on the head of Eva 02."

I missed that scene. But isn't the entry plug right at the stem of the neck? Asuka would have been ok even if they chewed off Unit 02's head.

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/25/00 10:00:37 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: no...
I saw the end with a feeling of hope rather than one of sadness... one of renewed life....

Anyway... I have a strong gut feeling that Anno was planning to make the movies all along.... I am probably wrong... he just added to much to ep 25 - ep 26 that could not in no way be peiced together as to events that took place.... their was a huge gap.... Misato was shown dead lying on the ground.... Ritsuko was shown dead lying in LCL.... Auska was shwon curled up in her EVA in a fetal position..... all this was shown.... THEN he could go back with the expanded butget and fill in the gaps.... it seems a little to.... mmmm convient..... but I am a cynical person.... lol
Access

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(5/26/00 3:31:18 am)
I think it's pretty tough to believe the ending is hopeful, hats off to you for being able to believe that, but for me to see all the characters i've related to throughout the whole series die, along with the rest of mankind, i just can't feel good about that. All the relationships end bitterly, the only relationship that actually resolves i suppose is Shinji and Asuka, with Asuka finally showing her affection to shinji. All the others, like shinji and his father, end on the worst note, with no second chance to change things or make them better. And what happens to pen pen, he's probably done for too...

just for fun, the ending i would have imagined is if Shinji actually saved the world by sacrificing himself, finally becoming a hero by his own decision, maybe then he would be divinely rewarded by a second chance at life, finally able to resolve his problems with the lessons of life he learned from his sacrifice. ;-)

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(5/26/00 5:20:09 am)
oh yeah, one more thing, you know the movie is sad because they don't even use the awesome theme song in it. the song appears only in sadder instrumental form.

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/26/00 2:53:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: no...
Well I dont think Pen2 died... I dont think anything change except mankind died/ evolved.

If mankind died except Shinji and Auska who repopulate the world. One could intepret the ending this way;
The touch of Auska's hands warms Shinji's soul they have a chance to start again.... to begin new life. The old life was corupt and evil.... have you seen any movies that end sadly but you can see a ray of hope in its meaning...

Noah's Ark look at that story.... all of mankind dies... but when Noah and his wife reach dry land a sign of hope is seen.

In the Crucible the lead character is blambed for being a devil worhipper, if he admits it he lives or if he does not he dies. Many have died before him because not saying admitting to the crime. When proctor finally refuses to say the lie he is a devil worshipper he is hung... to the sound of beating drums... sad yes.. but good as well because he didnt say the lie... he was an hororable fool....

Deep Impact half of the world died... millions were killed.... the heros abord that big spaceship died sacrificing their lives for the planet.... but still ends with the presidnet making a speech about hope with the White House being rebuilt in the background.

In dragonball Z when all the characters were fighting against the Saiyans.... most of the good guys died even Piccolo sacrificed his life for Gohan.... but still ended in hope of finding more DB's on Namek. This is the way I see EoE good but bad at the same time....
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/27/00 12:17:25 am)
I dont think it is a very happy ending,

But on the note of relationships,

i dont see the Asuka- Shinji thing being worked out,

but the one relationship which does matter is worked out

Shinji- Karou,

i got the sense that this is one relationship Shinji valued, and it ended so badly in the tv series, i was happy to see it resolved as it was in EoE

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/27/00 1:44:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: End of Evangelion, my theory...
I didnt say it was a happy ending.... just one of hope like my previous examples.
Access

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(5/29/00 7:57:43 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del In the Smurfs
In the Smurfs final ep all the smurfs were wiped out because Gargamel turned them into gold.
Clockwork smurf rusted and stopped working shortly after.

UN
NERV-Technician
(6/8/00 9:43:08 am)
Reply | Edit | Del The world can't perish
The world can't perish the UN is here to defend it....

with its realy big missles that do next to no damage to anything bigger than a skyscraper (angels)

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(6/11/00 10:24:53 pm)
I have just rewatched EoE (finished 5 mins ago exactly)
and i found a great deal of new meaning.

Shinji says that wanting to see them again (refering to people/friends) is a true feeling, even if it was only for a brief instant. But as this was real/true it becomes his wish even though he now knows he will still be hurt and abandoned.
The walls of the Heart will cuase pain and hurt, but for Shinji at least, this will be bearable as he has both Rei and Karou within his heart, which is Love.

The sand castle bit, Shinji was so upset that he did not have a mother to go to and this cuased him a great deal of pain. But he gets to say good bye to his mother, which gives him more hope in the future.
He asks Yui- and what will you do? (or something) and she says that as long as she is within 01, there will be evidence that Humans existed. and she is willing to do this even though she will be lonely for eternity.
Notice that 01 drifts off into space, and only the Eva series fall to earth.

In fact in the scene were Fuytski askes why She (Yui) is creating the Eva, she plainly says so that she (herslef) can live forever. She is also the only on to willingly remain in the Eva.

finally, when Shinji and Asuka were on the beach, Asuka looked so much like a doll, lifeless. It was not until Shinji's tears fell upon her face that she came alive. At which point it looks like here neck is fine.
I think Shinji's tears are of pain, fear, love and joy.
(though my translation asuka says i feel terrible, so i am at a loss about this, but it makes sense to me, i dont know why and if i can ever articulate it i will.)

ATh

Anouilh
(6/14/00 1:28:53 am)
Reply | Edit | Del It's not over yet...
I really didn't like the way EoE ended, it was too sad for me.

But NG-Eva didn't end on EoE. You can find UNOFFICIAL continuation for NG-eva in http://www.eva-r.com. There you'll find new episodes (from 27 to 56 + 3 other eps and growing all the time.). These episodes are in written html-form with pictures. These episodes happen after TV-series, there are more angels to come and Human C. project will happen later. I enjoyed those episodes very much.

!!!!!!!!!!
-They are in written form, NO VIDEO!
-Human C. project didn't occur when Kaworu was killed, but there were other angels to come!
!!!!!!!!!

http://www.eva-r.com

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(6/14/00 2:22:45 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: It's not over yet...
welcome Anouilh to my messageboard, and congratulations for being my 200th registered user :
George
Webmaster Eva2000.com
Get your own FREE 20MB web site here >>
Webmaster Eva2000.com

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(6/14/00 9:03:42 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: It's not over yet...
if yui says the history of mankind will be recorded forever, doesn't that mean mankind no longer exists and that she is the only evidence remaining?
I agree that end of evangelion was too sad, i was hoping for a happy ending where everyone learns to get along.

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(6/14/00 1:12:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Fairytale from fairyland
Yeah and I wanted Shinji to destroy all the bad guys, (the ones in black hats), and thus save the world, marry Asuka with Gendo as best man, (or is he a bad guy?).....No!, Gendo becomes a good guy and helps Shinji save the world and all the characters become friends except, (Keele who will probly return for the sequel), and they live happily ever after until the next wank sequel...

In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic...
*Now read the above, imagining an overly sarcastic tone of voice*

Did I tell you about the end of the Smurfs?.....

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(6/14/00 4:29:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Fairytale from fairyland
sarcastic as it might be, i like that ending :-)

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(6/14/00 6:03:07 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Happy Ending
Yeah, that would be a good ending.....But this production was by Anno, not Walt Disney.
If you want a happy ending, watch Mickey Mouse ,(he never did have half the appeal of Daffy Duck).

Daffy could take him any day...

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(6/14/00 7:28:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
thoughts about stuff
yeah but i know you guys got attatched to the characters as much as i did. I mean if anno made them so that they really pissed the heck out of me then maybe i'd say well they got what they deserved at the end. But they were really likeable characters for all their flaws and i hoped that through their experience they could learn to live life and overcome their shortcomings, classic the hero overcomes all in the end kind of stuff.

Anouilh
EVA-Pilot
(6/14/00 10:13:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del You got me wrong...
I didn't say that I wanted a happy but I'd like to at least have a hopeful ending. The way EoE ended was rather... hopeless. Asuka and Shinji being the only survivors, everything is barren and destroyed.

BTW, WTF was Adam? And why was Misato's cross nailed to a post?

Anouilh
EVA-Pilot
(6/14/00 10:34:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Gagh.
Well, forgot to choose to have email notification.
*Death is eternal for everyone who doesn't believe in Gods.* *But in what God should I believe in to get eternal live?*

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(6/16/00 11:49:52 am)
Reply | Edit | Del good question
from what i remember, shinji surfaces from the underwater place where he parted from his mother, popped his head out to the surface and saw the huge head of lillith laying there. then the next scene shinji says goodbye to his mother when she leaves earth then out of no where he's lying next to asuka? (i'm not really sure i can believe it's her) and the cross is nailed there with all the remaining eva series around. So i'm not really sure how that all happened.

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(6/16/00 7:36:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: good question
Okay from my limited understanding : The third Impact was on the brink of completion, but it was "rejected" by Shinji/Eva-01. It was (sorta) reversed (apparently in one of the scenes you see half-formed humans floating in LCL) now Misato's cross. I figure, because she was killed BEFORE the impact, she remained dead. Asuka? well not really sure about that one, but I think her survival was Shinji's wish.

Quote:
Rei If you want people again, you'll be separated by a wall in your mind. You'll be scared of them again.
Shinji It's okay.

Shinji willed the third impact to be reversed. The only thing, as you said, that i don't figure on is Asuka's survival. I'm still halfway through forming my theory, so maybe i'll have an answer later. Probably not

Anouilh
EVA-Pilot
(6/16/00 11:58:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Lilith-Rei
I think I got it what happend to everyone. Their souls united in Lilith-Rei and when she died so did everyone who had united with her. (probably everyone expect Shinji and Asuka). I watched the series again (4-5th time) and now I first time really understood something about the end. At least i think so...
*Death is eternal for everyone who doesn't believe in Gods.* *But in what God should I believe in to get eternal live?*

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(6/17/00 4:43:51 am)
Reply | Edit | Del sounds about right
It sounds right, the thing about everyone who joined with lillith dying, but what still can't be explained is asuka. If shinji wished her to be alive that's pretty greedy of him to only wish her alive and not the entire human race back.