Old 19-03-2003, 06:38 PM   #1   [permalink]
faerie0ruby

Question Ryoko Alive?

Towards the end of Tenchi Universe, Ryoko dies when she is on Ryo-oki...then on the last episode, she's alive...how did that happen? I'm just a tad confused...
Old 19-03-2003, 08:59 PM   #2   [permalink]
Nilrem
Executive Member

i don't think she actually died.

when you consider how badly hurt/long lived she is in it and Muyo i would guess she is meant to have gone into a state of near death until her body recovered.

After all this is a woman who can float, walk through solid matter (when she wishes), shoot laser beam type things etc etc.

she's not exactly mortal in the normal sense of the word.

That said, the end of ep 25 (i think it is), did leave me wondering nad feeling sorry for her,but by the end of ep 26 i started thinking "she's going to be back" (about the time it showed Tenchi wondering through the cherry trees and her VA started singing Dimensions of Love, and you see the cat that Tenchi thinks is Ryo-ohki before he sees the real one))
Nilrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2003, 07:00 AM   #3   [permalink]
animan102

Exactly

Quote:
Originally posted by Nilrem

That said, the end of ep 25 (i think it is), did leave me wondering nad feeling sorry for her,but by the end of ep 26 i started thinking "she's going to be back" (about the time it showed Tenchi wondering through the cherry trees and her VA started singing Dimensions of Love, and you see the cat that Tenchi thinks is Ryo-ohki before he sees the real one))
What kinda response do you think the creators of the anime would have if they would've killed off one of the main characters, sure it was an ending and every different series usually has a different re-telling.
I know I wouldve been pretty mad about something like that.
animan102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2003, 02:12 PM   #4   [permalink]
Galaxia

Since it was the ending of the series, it doesn't really matter, it happens all the time.

Considering the nature of episode 26, I'd say it was all a dream, but she does return for Tenchi Forever (the conclusion of the series), so I think she's still alive, but, episode 26 is just a dreram, and she wasn't really there.
Old 27-03-2003, 03:58 PM   #5   [permalink]
Lordbryn
Forum Junkie

Well the actual ending to Tenchi Universe is supposed to be the movie Tenchi Forever, which IMO, wasn't a bad movie. Decent story, but they took the animation quality down a peg.
Old 27-03-2003, 09:56 PM   #6   [permalink]
Galaxia

I liked the animation, except it makes everyone look older.

It was the best movie IMO.
Old 28-03-2003, 03:53 AM   #7   [permalink]
Fanatic
Executive Member

Didn't think much of the plot, and the animation style was downright horrible.

However, it was stuffed full of Ryoko/Tenchi goodness, so I couldn't help but like it a bit anyway ^_^
Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #8   [permalink]
Lordbryn
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fanatic

However, it was stuffed full of Ryoko/Tenchi goodness, so I couldn't help but like it a bit anyway ^_^
That kind of worries me. If they decided to end the universe series with a Ryoko/Tenchi pairing, which is VERY much implied, are they likely to pick someone else for the OAV?

If its not Ryoko, the ONLY other pairing I could really accept is a Tenchi and Tsunami/Sasami pairing. She seems to be the only other girl that really REALLY cares for Tenchi other than Ryoko.

Aeka spent 700 years following Yosho and forgets him in like a week, and neither Washu or Mihoshi seem to be OVERLY interested in him more than passingly.

**The scary rumor is that the new director of the 3rd OAV is that he is a HUGE Kiyone fan and might bring her into the series. I mean how stupid is that pairing. Kiyone is the only one that has NEVER shown any love for Tenchi**
Old 28-03-2003, 06:04 PM   #9   [permalink]
Fanatic
Executive Member

First of all, you can be pretty certain that will stay a rumor only.

As for matchup, this was one of the things I really used to fear about OAV3. If they did that and screwed it up, it could potentially ruin my whole impression of the OAV continuity... brrrr

This is exactly the reason why I am suddenly so interested in the GXP spinoff, even though I don't like it much. Being set in OAV continuity *after* OAV3, it should provide me good hints to critical points of the 3rd OAV series.

*** Spoil warning ***
I've checked out GXP ep 17 due to hints, and it doesn't seem like Tenchi has made the Choice (or indeed favours any girl particularly). If he has, they are all OK with it.
*** End Spoil warning ***
Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2003, 02:23 PM   #10   [permalink]
Galaxia

Kajishima once said Kiyone was the best girl for Tenchi, and since I've heard Noike is a Kiyone clone....

Anyway, Tenchi and Sasami forever! ^_^

Ofcourse he hasn't chosen in GXP17, he'll chose in OAV4.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:09 PM   #11   [permalink]
animan102

It Was A Dream?

Quote:
Originally posted by Galaxia
Since it was the ending of the series, it doesn't really matter, it happens all the time.

Considering the nature of episode 26, I'd say it was all a dream, but she does return for Tenchi Forever (the conclusion of the series), so I think she's still alive, but, episode 26 is just a dreram, and she wasn't really there.
What makes you say that? I just thought that the whole series was Tenchi remembering everything, and the last episode it caught up to the time that the series started at. Like one big flashback.
animan102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:54 PM   #12   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
re: the ending of Tenchi Universe

The carnival was starting up again. Remember when Sasami said something on the order of "I know where my sister ran away to and I'm going to go there too."

Ryoko was the first one to return, the others were all on route...
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:15 PM   #13   [permalink]
Galaxia

Re: It Was A Dream?

Quote:
Originally posted by animan102
What makes you say that? I just thought that the whole series was Tenchi remembering everything, and the last episode it caught up to the time that the series started at. Like one big flashback.
And a flash back is a dream. That makes the entire series a dream. So then she wasn't really there.

lol, I've confused myself.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:01 PM   #14   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Well, with the treasure that the OVA is, it doesn't really make too much sense to fret over the occasional plot complexity of Tenchi Universe.

A "flashback" is usually interpreted as a memory of a past event, not a dream... Extra complexity of a dream doesn't seem to provide a better model when put up against the Sasami comment at the end...

iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2003, 10:53 PM   #15   [permalink]
Sergeant Wittmann

Quote:
Originally posted by Lordbryn

Aeka spent 700 years following Yosho and forgets him in like a week, and neither Washu or Mihoshi seem to be OVERLY interested in him more than passingly.

Oh my God, you just insulted THE BEAUTIFUL ONE! Look man, we see eye-to-eye on the Iraq thing and I consider you to be a friend, but I'm going to have to kill you for this one.