Old 28-12-2000, 12:23 AM   #1   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
The movie is awesome!!! ^_^ although, there's a lot of changes on the character designs, story and character relationships... pretty much, everyone is the same... except for Folken... hee hee... It's unclear to me whether he really is Van's blood brother because they mentioned something about Folken changing his name and changing his name to "folken" on the movie...

Hitomi ends up as a overly depressed teen ager who wishes to just... stop existing. She gets her wish, but not exactly what she was looking forward to... hint hint* The relationship that she and Van develop on the movie is not at all something Romantic... i bet you that if you even put a male character in Hitomi's place, or a female character on Van's place that it wouldn't end up Yaoi or yuri... its just great! I've aquired the theme song titled "Yubiwa," and it's wonderful!!!^_~

Millerna changed a lot... and i mean a lot... her character design and seiyuu to be precise! BUT... she's still a princess... what i don't get is why Dryden was there... uh... still there to marry her?

Allen? he is still fine, suave, and nice towards Hitomi... he grew a little cold though... for me... he's not as sweet and goodie two shoe as he was on the series... well, changing into that leather outfit... who wouldn't drool over him? hee hee...

Merle? she's sooo cuuuute!!! everything is the same about her though she has boots and wears panties now...

Folken? he changed a lot... he doesn't have wings either... that's why i'm wondering if he really is Van's blood brother...

Dilandau? oh oh... he's not the same Dilandau who had a fetish for snails... nudge nudge* just nod and smile if you have no idea what that is... ^^... Dilandau ends up having the same kin as Van... he and Van are the last of the Draconian heritage who are able to pilot the gymelefs... according to the movie... ^^

There's lots of new characters to meet too... there's Sora.... she's cuuuuuuute...

AS to Hitomi's fortune telling and that pendant? the pendant stays... but the fortune telling was thrown out the window... she's pretty much the same over all, only depressed... ^_^...

Van is all the same, except he was given a different character design and made a little rougher and more extreme...

and there you have it... i've enough to ramble about... ^^
Old 29-12-2000, 02:52 PM   #2   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
You saw the new movie? Damn, I can't wait till it gets here. I hope it didn't feel rushed...I hate anime movies that feel rushed.
Old 06-01-2001, 10:01 PM   #3   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
i didn't see the movie... and how come you're the only person i talk to here? anyone else i can ramble with? please? teary eyed*
Old 09-01-2001, 04:34 PM   #4   [permalink]
Bishdariel
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Bishdariel
Quote:
Originally posted by Nairohe
i didn't see the movie... and how come you're the only person i talk to here? anyone else i can ramble with? please? teary eyed*
i would like to talk about escaflowne, but i only saw the first episode, and i havent seen it in the local videostore yet!
Bishdariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 05:21 PM   #5   [permalink]
LP

Send a message via ICQ to LP
i've seen the series, and da movie. you can talk to me if you want.
LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 07:16 PM   #6   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
damn i wanna see the movie too, ive been looking for it but no luck
tekblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 05:38 PM   #7   [permalink]
kaia
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to kaia Send a message via AIM to kaia Send a message via Yahoo to kaia
well, cant talk to you coz i havent seen the movie... so, you say the movie's awesome... i must check it out. :B:
kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 11:38 PM   #8   [permalink]
Melusine

I saw the movie in the theatre (they showed it one night along with the Utena movie for an anime convention here), and I have to say I liked the series a *lot* better. I mean, as anime movies go, it was pretty good, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as the series. They tried to stick all the characters in, which made them all get too little screen time (Allen gets less dialogue than Millerna!). I didn't like some of the character changes (Hitomi was kind of boring being all depressed, and her relationship with Van was really under-developed), and I *really* didn't like the new style. I mean, Hitomi looks all pretty now. Like a standard anime babe instead of the cute but intelligent and realistic girl she was in the series. And she looks too old - like 20 instead of the 15 she's supposed to be. And the ending is a complete deus ex machina (i.e., a person comes out of nowhere and "solves" things), which is something of a cop-out.

So basically, while you should see it 'cause as movies go it's not bad, I really don't feel it stood up to the original series. But that's just me.

later

mlc