Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
yeah i guess it was right for her to go home since her life is back there
Old 11-10-2001, 09:52 AM   #32   [permalink]
Eternity
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eternity
Talking

Imagine, 39 GLORIOUS episodes of Escaflowne..... It could have been even more interesting if they'd only kept all of it.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 02:57 PM   #33   [permalink]
VanHitomi4ever

Oh, I was so disappointed! If I thought rationally about the ending long enough, maybe I would consent......ok, I wouldn't! She should have stayed! I'm a hopeless romantic, and I say she should have stayed! I would have! At the VERY least, they should have kissed! Oh, how I can picture that! It did leave room for a sequel, though--I'll be one of the first to buy it! And I did think that the ending cleared up everyone's issues--even the Allen/Millerna thing. They agreed to respect and stay away from one another--good for both of them. Anyway, I'll stop now.
VanHitomi4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 12:51 PM   #34   [permalink]
Kodachi
Forum Junkie

*kicks thread*

The ending was the best thing about Escaflowne.

Err, I don't mean that as a shot at Esca ^^;
Kodachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2001, 10:20 AM   #35   [permalink]
waterfireGirl
Forum Junkie

bah humbug
waterfireGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2001, 02:24 PM   #36   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

hehe, hmm 39 huh i wonder maybe there saving their kiss in another sequel
Old 17-10-2001, 12:58 PM   #37   [permalink]
Eternity
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eternity
erm, t don't mean to be a party pooper or anything, and i haven't seen the film yet so ppl who have don't spoil it for the rest of us ok? But anyway, i read some bits about what happens in the film A Girl on Gaea, on an esca site, and the ending wasn't exactly a 'perfect' one. and like i said, no spoilers please! (that's all i know).
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2001, 06:24 PM   #38   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

um i guess im sorry if i ruined anything for ya but its just an innocent thread for ppl to tell me what they gotta say in their opinion. again im sorry if this thread ruined anything for u maybe u could try and avoid it hehe
Old 07-11-2001, 06:21 PM   #39   [permalink]
TigerCat

Send a message via AIM to TigerCat
Does anyone think that a sequel is already in the works? (Maybemaybemaybeihopeihopeihope)

~~~~
www.page.com/tigercat1313

"Cats have nine lives...you don't."
TigerCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 07:17 PM   #40   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

hmm i kinda doubt it
Old 25-11-2001, 10:25 AM   #41   [permalink]
Shenrezade
Executive Member

The fact that the ending was so bad when the rest of the series was so good just made it worse!! My first idea, that they gave it an Eva complex, was cut short when I found out Esca was made befor Eva. So now, I think the whole episode was just an excuse for Allen and Van to fight each other. And I'm sorry, but it just wasn't that cool!!! They didn't even have a plot-worthy reason to fight!! It's like the design team threw away everything that made the series good!! And another thing, Van and Hitomi went through too much s*** to have her say "I'll never forget you" and go home. She didn't even realize she loved Van until the final episode!! So, I made this short little "alternate" ending:

*Three months after Hitomi returned to Earth*

It's a park scene, there's bench beside a lake. Hitomi sits on it, feeling lonely. She is thinking about Van, while people pass her by, unconcerned.

Hitomi: I know it was for the best, but I miss him. I wonder what he's doing....

We see the feet of someone walking through the park. The throng of people moving past him give up mutters of his strange clothes, but dismiss him as one of those cosplay buffs. We see the feet stop next to the bench, where Hitomi still sits, not noticing her present company

???: This is a beautiful lake. You must like it.

Hitomi doesn't respond, only nodding silently, not really paying attention. The stranger tries again.

???: You know, it reminds me of the time we met Allen. As I recall, you were attacked by that mole man, right?

Hitomi gasps, and whips her head towards the speaker. The camera moves up, revealing brown boots, beige pants, and a red, sleeveless shirt worn by a boy with black, ruffled hair, looking at the lake.

Hitomi: V...Van....?

The boy turns and addresses Hitomi, and smiles: Yes, Hitomi? What is it?

Hitomi can't speak, she just smiles, with tears of joy, then launches herself at Van, who takes her in an embrace.

Hitomi: I thought I'd never see you again....

Van: I said it before, didn't I? I'd never let you get away again....

They separate, and then kiss each other.

Well, that's it. Maybe a little mushy, but I think it's better than the "Don't worry, I'm doing just fine" ending we got. What do you think?
Old 25-11-2001, 12:06 PM   #42   [permalink]
Sheex, The Dark Stalker
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Sheex, The Dark Stalker
>>The fact that the ending was so bad when the rest of the series was so good just made it worse!! My first idea, that they gave it an Eva complex, was cut short when I found out Esca was made befor Eva. So now, I think the whole episode was just an excuse for Allen and Van to fight each other.

Start paying attention. Allen was protecting Dilandau, who was actually his sister. In addition, the Fate Redirector Machine didn't forget to effect them as well. Finally, the fight shows how much Van has matured in his fighting through the series and shows a nice end of the series duel since the war was pretty much done with.

>>And I'm sorry, but it just wasn't that cool!!! They didn't even have a plot-worthy reason to fight!! It's like the design team threw away everything that made the series good!!

How!? They didn't throw anything away! The great animation remained. The great music remained. The relationships were resolved. Hitomi did what she wanted to do the entire series! Whats wrong with that!?

>>And another thing, Van and Hitomi went through too much s*** to have her say "I'll never forget you" and go home. She didn't even realize she loved Van until the final episode!!

Thats why the show is so good. It shows a real relationship develop, unlike the one between Allen and Hitomi where it was just Hitomi having a crush on him and Hitomi reminding Allen of his sister. If they were in love with each other like in the last episode in the first or second episode, the show's quality would be nowhere where it is now and a lot of the character development would be axed!

There's only one problem with the ending. The big war was ultra-rushed, with that stupid bomb used to save them the time of showing a bigger battle. You can' t really blame them, seeing that Sunrise just conveniently said "Oh yeah, we're yanking 13 episodes from the show" after a bunch of episodes were already made.

http://nitpick.myeva.net
The Nitpicker's Guide to Evangelion
Sheex, The Dark Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2001, 12:10 PM   #43   [permalink]
Callisto
Forum Addicted

Send a message via MSN to Callisto
I thought the ending was sad at first, but after it made perfect sense. I wouldn't have been able to stay on Gaea either. It also opens up interesting doors to a future series (if there is one).
Old 25-11-2001, 11:55 PM   #44   [permalink]
Shenrezade
Executive Member

You raise good points, Sheex. I'm glad we can have a legible discussion. Unlike your chats with some people. (*cough* Black_Knight!!*cough*) I did know that Allen was protecting his sister, But he chose to fight Van. I really think that Van would have left her alone if Allen had told Van a bit more than he did about Dilandu. I also knew that the F.A. machine was affecting them, which kinda supports my theory about the whole episode being an excuse for Allen and Van to fight each other. And, in my opinion, Van didn't need to beat Allen. There wasn't a reason to reslove a duel in the first place.
Secondly, when I said they threw away everthing that made the series good, I was talking plot-wise. I wasn't sure what I was expecting to see as a final episode, but from what the plot gave me, I know it wasn't that. I know, it's my bad that I don't have a reason. I got some, but I can't remeber what they are. What do you mean, though, when you said Hitomi did what she wanted to do?
Please don't think I'm bashing the relationship developement between Van and Hitomi. I think it's the best I've seen in any anime so far. I'm just saying because of that, they deserve to stay together, physically. I don't think Hitomi should have stayed on Gaea, but Van could have at least gone to her in the flesh, rather than the metaphysical.
You know, though, I wonder why Sunrise yanked those episodes. Think what Escaflowne would be like if they weren't yanked. Would it be better? Or worse? Shall we continue this debate of ours, Sheex?
Old 26-11-2001, 07:03 PM   #45   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

hmm just curious what episodes yanked out?