Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #46   [permalink]

Heh. John gets banned and immediately there is (a little) more activity on the boards
Old 11-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #47   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Wait, John's been banned for challenging the status quo?

-Bishop Oro
Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #48   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Wait, John's been banned for challenging the status quo?

I would say he was banned for being openly rude and constantly insulting the mods and Eva 2000. It's one thing to have a cause but it's an entirely different one to be a martyr for a crusade.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #49   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by Project Akira View Post
I would say he was banned for being openly rude and constantly insulting the mods and Eva 2000. It's one thing to have a cause but it's an entirely different one to be a martyr for a crusade.
And that's why I saluted him, he went out the way I would have if I decided to go out in style at AB.
-Bishop Oro
Old 12-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #50   [permalink]

I'd hardly call it going out in style. I doubt anyone actually read much of what he posted towards the end.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #51   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
Originally Posted by 724496 View Post
I'd hardly call it going out in style. I doubt anyone actually read much of what he posted towards the end.
I did. He hurt his cause by being WAY too negative and insulting.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #52   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by kamikazefstorm View Post
I did. He hurt his cause by being WAY too negative and insulting.
He didn't really have a choice since everything else he tried to put forward was shot down before it was even considered.

At least he didn't feel like he was really backed into a corner and resorted to proactive violence against the site. That's what people do in real life when they have no political recourse left. (I.E. terrorism)
-Bishop Oro
Old 12-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #53   [permalink]
Darkandiel

Send a message via MSN to Darkandiel
Wow, John is banned? Can't say I'm surprised, afterall, he did keep pushing it.
Old 13-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #54   [permalink]

He didn't really have a choice since everything else he tried to put forward was shot down before it was even considered.
There's a reason for that.......
Old 13-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #55   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

At least he didn't feel like he was really backed into a corner and resorted to proactive violence against the site. That's what people do in real life when they have no political recourse left. (I.E. terrorism)
Well, that may be true, but consider that all of the members are in reality ... guests to the site, thus, the basic rules of courtesy would similarly apply (at least in spirit or intent) - which is to say that John or anyone else, are free to make observations and suggestions ... but not what amounts to demands.

He hurt his cause, when it went it went from his point of view to THE point of view. This is not to say that he did not have valid points, but merely that he refused to let it go ...
Old 13-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #56   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Not really. More like it was considered, Eva2000 didn't get on it right away since he's glacial at best, so John posted the exact same argument. Except this time he'd swear more. Repeat a dozen times and John's suddenly turning every thread into a diatribe about how terrible the board is. Regardless of whatever he was trying to achieve, he wasn't helping his own cause. Guy needs to chill out and see what else is out there.

His ban expires in less than three months and counting, when I suppose we can go through this whole song and dance again. Either way, it's time to move on.

Last edited by Pen2; 13-03-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 13-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #57   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Well I'd throw a hissy fit since let's face it, George hasn't done jack ---- to bring in new and old blood. (Minus the spam bot which wasn't his doing)

I don't care, maybe it's time for AB to die and see all the work and money people put into it go to waste. I ani;t going to go on an epic quest to save AB like Johnny so save the lectures.
-Bishop Oro
Old 14-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #58   [permalink]

Why is it then the board is more active, albeit slightly, now that John has been banned? I think John was responsible for the decline of AB.
Old 14-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #59   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by 724496 View Post
Why is it then the board is more active, albeit slightly, now that John has been banned? I think John was responsible for the decline of AB.
Causation does not imply correlation. You of all people should know that.
-Bishop Oro
Old 14-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #60   [permalink]

True, but it does give one something to ponder.
Closed Thread