Old 29-08-2009, 02:24 AM   #1   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Tactic #8: Japanese Women

I think that there's been on glaring fact not examined by any of us in all of these tactics. During the heyday of Animeboards, we had at least one female Japanese poster. In fact, this poster was so popular that members of the males members of this board declared themselves slaves. I guarantee that the rate of decline is tied to the loss of this one single poster. I think she posted about two years ago and members came out of the woodwork in response.

Gentlemen, we need to find a new female Japanese poster. I guarantee we will get new members. I nominate the poster formerly known as Schizm to help us out.

Last edited by Project Akira; 29-08-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 02:28 AM   #2   [permalink]
EVA Type-R
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to EVA Type-R
Seconded.
Old 29-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #3   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Project Akira View Post
I think that there's been on glaring fact not examined by any of us in all of these tactics. During the heyday of Animeboards, we had at least one female Japanese poster. In fact, this poster was so popular that members of the males members of this board declared themselves slaves. I guarantee that the rate of decline is tied to the loss of this one single poster. I think she posted about two years ago and members came out of the woodwork in response.
Oh. My. Lord. Have. Mercy. On. My. Soul. I cannot believe I am even reading this. After an interminable period of extremely poor activity here, with AnimeBoards on death row, you come up with a totally flippant and useless idea in a time of high crisis. Un-bloody-believable.

I'd have expected a post like this 9 yrs ago. But now those of us who were young have all matured into adults (in my case, I've always been an adult while here) and I'm just stunned that an old member would still show signs of thinking associated with a much earlier stage of development.

Can you please explain why, as an adult, you are suggesting that random Japanese women posting here is the solution? You do realise that Japanese women can be ugly as hell, just like women in general? You do realise that the problem is a general lack of action at team management level and a lack of interesting discussions by reasonably intelligent people, and that Japanese women are hardly going to reverse this trend?

Why the hell am I even explaining this? Look, we're not little immature kids who fantasize about other posters just because of their sex. That's not what AnimeBoards is about, 9 yrs on with a much more mature community. How about we grow up: that's how we're going to differentiate ourselves from the other ------- retarded childish -----like anime messageboards in existence.

Gentlemen, we need to find a new female Japanese poster. I guarantee we will get new members. I nominate the poster formerly known as Schizm to help us out.
Schizm!?!?!?! Forget him. From the point of improving this place, he's already proved how worthless he is.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 29-08-2009 at 07:54 PM.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #4   [permalink]
EVA Type-R
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to EVA Type-R
John Faulkner, you need to be banned, and quickly.
Old 30-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #5   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Dont you mean banned agian?

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #6   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Frankly, John I'm surprised you even care. A week ago, you wanted George to close the boards. I don't think you're in any position right now to pass judgement on any ideas anyone else provides. Your latest ideas involve closing the entire site and getting rid of a forum because you don't like the posts and posters that are in it. Frankly, I think an idea that encourages us to get members, regardless of how flippant, they might be instead of driving away members seems far more productive to me.

Secondly, as "mature" as this board might have become in the intervening years the sad truth of the matter is that sex sells regardless. A lot of the people on these boards are young males who I am sure fantasize about Japanese women regardless of their appearance. It's the truth. Guys like women or in the case of most anime fans, boys like girls that they think will be interested in them because they have the shared interest in anime. You might not like that much John but it's the harsh truth. Since we could use posters, I don't see a problem exploiting that fact.
Old 31-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #7   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Guys Contact Admin is serious business and all ideas expressed here should make liberal use of bold, coloured text and dubious graphs.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #8   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Better watch out or

Old 22-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #9   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Frankly, John I'm surprised you even care. A week ago, you wanted George to close the boards.
A completely rational suggestion to save money for George.

I don't think you're in any position right now to pass judgement on any ideas anyone else provides.
Yes I am, because I know what's best for this place.

Your latest ideas involve closing the entire site and getting rid of a forum because you don't like the posts and posters that are in it.
The suggestion of closing down the entire site was valid in terms of saving money for the admin. The suggestion of closing down "Members Only" was entirely within reason because that sub-forum has become trash.

Frankly, I think an idea that encourages us to get members, regardless of how flippant, they might be instead of driving away members seems far more productive to me.
I think your idea is worse than closing down this entire site because it encourages a deformed, juvenile way of thinking.

Secondly, as "mature" as this board might have become in the intervening years the sad truth of the matter is that sex sells regardless.
The sad truth is that sex sells because modern societies are permeated by a bunch of ------- weak-willed fools who are useful only insofar as they're a sheep-like cog in the economic machine. You want AnimeBoards to be like that? I want no part of it.

A lot of the people on these boards are young males who I am sure fantasize about Japanese women regardless of their appearance. It's the truth.
Who? You think a lot of people here fantasize about ugly women? Yeah, some truth there. .

Guys like women or in the case of most anime fans, boys like girls that they think will be interested in them because they have the shared interest in anime.
Guys also like seeing naked lesbians making out. Should we also include links to video clips of naked lesbians making out?

You might not like that much John but it's the harsh truth. Since we could use posters, I don't see a problem exploiting that fact.
I'd rather this board goes down than see it turned into a sex-oriented hormone-charged community of ------- simpletons masturbating behind their computers.

Originally Posted by Pen2
Guys Contact Admin is serious business and all ideas expressed here should make liberal use of bold, coloured text and dubious graphs.
Mind telling me what was so dubious about the graphs I presented? Or are you resorting to denying facts now? Facts like how activity dropped yet again when I have not been posting (see last 2 weeks):

Old 22-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #10   [permalink]
Speedy
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Speedy Send a message via AIM to Speedy
Just change the url to http://animebroads.com. Easy fix.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #11   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
Facts like how activity dropped yet again when I have not been posting (see last 2 weeks):

I'm sure the number of posts dropped because members weren't posting in response to arguments with you. However if that's the graph for the last month or so I'd say that yes there was a decline in posts. However compare that to the time you left before where the boards almost died. The number of posts dropped to about half what they were steady increase in posts. Frankly I see that as a notable improvement over the last time you disappeared. If I'm reading that right then there is a noticeable increase posts I see in towards the end of the month. I would chalk that up to the positive conversations that we're having in the General Anime discussion and the posts being made in fan art and other forums by other members. I'll also say that some older members have come back to post. Are things growing exponentially? No but that would be a bad thing. Nothing can sustain massive growth for long. Again I think this proves that a slow steady growth and long term planning is what these boards could use to revitalize. Will they be what they used to be? No, I think that we've definitely proved that but that doesn't mean that this place can't be somewhere that people can stop by and have healthy discussions thanks to the efforts of a lot of members and not relying on just one.
Old 23-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #12   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

I'm sure the number of posts dropped because members weren't posting in response to arguments with you.
Why is it that whenever I'm involved in a thread, it's called an 'argument', but whenever you're involved, it's a 'discussion'? Once again, you cannot resist making blanket statements to play down my role as the leading light of AnimeBoards. How can anyone possibly call my thread on Anime and Racism anything but a discussion? What about the thread where I discussed the relative merits of Pokemon and Haruhi? That thread had some of the most in-depth anime analysis seen in a long time here. And even when I give feedback to board management, that has generated some good discussion backed up by facts.

It's simple. I increase activity by generating interesting discussion and provoking insightful comments.

However if that's the graph for the last month or so I'd say that yes there was a decline in posts. However compare that to the time you left before where the boards almost died. The number of posts dropped to about half what they were steady increase in posts. Frankly I see that as a notable improvement over the last time you disappeared. If I'm reading that right then there is a noticeable increase posts I see in towards the end of the month. I would chalk that up to the positive conversations that we're having in the General Anime discussion and the posts being made in fan art and other forums by other members.
Let's look at the facts here: post rates have dropped to ~125 a week again, near the lowest posting rate for the past year. That alone is a damning indictment on how your strategy is failing. You cannot fail to notice the decline in post rates over 3 periods when I have not posted, suggesting a significant positive correlation between my presence and posting activity.

It's simple. Your strategy has so far fallen flat (as I predicted), whereas my posts are a much-needed jolt of electricity through everyone's brains. You can't salvage something from a clear decreasing trend by saying post rates have increased by a measly amount over a week. That is just not on.

I'll also say that some older members have come back to post. Are things growing exponentially? No but that would be a bad thing. Nothing can sustain massive growth for long.
Are things growing at all month by month? No. Have post rates declined by a lot since the peak in June when I was pushing hard for change on the back of Eva2k's stylistic changes? Yes. Was this exactly what happened last year? Yes.

Who are you trying to kid Project Akira? I'm all for optimism, but never when it contradicts basic facts. You're contradicting basic facts. Your optimism is unfounded.

Again I think this proves that a slow steady growth and long term planning is what these boards could use to revitalize.
You'd have a point if the figures showed there was an overall increasing trend over the past months. But there isn't. So you don't have a point. It's still as slow as it has been. And you still refuse to push board management for new strategies.

Will they be what they used to be? No, I think that we've definitely proved that but that doesn't mean that this place can't be somewhere that people can stop by and have healthy discussions thanks to the efforts of a lot of members and not relying on just one.
THERE ARE NO HEALTHY DISCUSSIONS HERE. THAT'S WHY I'M PUSHING FOR NEW STRATEGIES AT BOARD MANAGEMENT LEVEL. WHY AREN'T YOU DOING THE SAME? CAPICHE?

Last edited by John Faulkner; 23-09-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 24-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #13   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

I'm not pushing for new strategies by board management because it's as much our responsibility to make the board interesting as it is theirs. There is only so much that they can and are willing to do. It's obvious that board management is only going to do so much. It's up to us to create long term strategies and see them through.

Last edited by Project Akira; 24-09-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 24-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #14   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Everyone wave bye bye now.

Back to the issue at hand: Japanese Women. I may even make a poll.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #15   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

God i love Japanese women i even moved to Japan and married one!

Seriously i really did

on a side note Thank you so much PEN2 your the best!

Last edited by cool2burn; 24-09-2009 at 01:24 AM.