Old 13-09-2002, 03:20 PM   #16   [permalink]
FayeFayeV
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to FayeFayeV Send a message via AIM to FayeFayeV Send a message via MSN to FayeFayeV Send a message via Yahoo to FayeFayeV
Best deaths..IMHO....

*Spoiler alert!!*

Spike Spiegel- Cowboy Bebop....that song....it, it..so sad...I...I...

Nicholas Wolfwood- Trigun....poor guy....And i really thought he was gonna make it to the end of the series..*sniff*.

Vegeta blowing himself up...aww....and when he died the first time, too.

Tetsuo- Akira...hard to say if he died or not...but it was pretty damn freaky anyway.

Hacker Boy- Cowboy Bebop:KOHD.....ouch....that's why I dun like to wear my glasses.

I jump ROOF to ROOF and get my friends free cable.
FayeFayeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2002, 03:49 PM   #17   [permalink]
gawl
Executive Member

i would say the Joker in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. that scene just wasn't very expected so the surprise of it made it a good death scene.
gawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2002, 04:30 PM   #18   [permalink]
7thKeeper
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to 7thKeeper Send a message via AIM to 7thKeeper Send a message via Yahoo to 7thKeeper
*SPOILERS*

Battle Angel Alita: both Hugo's death and Alitas "death" are worth mentioning. Alita just barely grabs Hugos hand and his arm starts to snap in two and he just smiles at her and tells how it was wonderful that he knew her and then SNAP..and he plummets down to his death, Alita still holding his hand..

And Alitas "death" in the end. Alright, so she doesn't technically die as she revives herself, but it was still so sad before we found out that she's returned as a full human. As she stares down at the Earth from the space and slowly leans against the pillar before melting with it.

"Is it because of the vacuum of space...that I can't shed tears? I've never felt this alone in my whole life...but it'll be over soon..."

Blade of the Immortal: ok...Blade of the Immortal has some of the most graphic and artistic battles and ending scenes ever! There are tons of great deaths, but so far one of my biggest favourites is Shizumas death in Cry of the Worm. Heck the fight was just plain awesome too. Two immortals going at it. When I first saw the scene with Manji laying on the ground and Shizuma over him, both impaled by each others swords (and we all know how many swords Manji carries with him). One of the most brutal scenes I have ever seen. Manji just cuts Shizuma into pieces in the end and impales his head and the little bit of his chest that's still stuck to it in a tree.. and the guy still lives for a little while..

Manji wasn't kidding when he said "I'm taking you apart old man!"
7thKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2002, 07:17 PM   #19   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
I thought Fatman's death in Spriggan was pretty spectacular.
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2002, 07:11 PM   #20   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Quote:
Originally posted by jennwenn
How about the STUPIDEST death. Weiss Kreuz spoiler........When Botan dies. Talk about pointless. He was the most promising character in the WHOLE SHOW and they kill him off after 3 episodes. Stupidity my friends. Utter stupidity!!!!
I agree with that too. I really liked Botan. He was an interesting character. I was laughing during his entire death scene, though. You're so right, it was complete overkill.

Well, most of these have probably already been said, but I'm adding my 2-cents in.

Cowboy Bebop (SPOILERS BELOW)
- Julia. What a sad scene. The slow motion, the birds.
- Spike. Enough said. Anyone who's seen that scene knows what I'm talking about.

Trigun (SPOILERS TOO)
- Legato. I thought his death scene was shocking. It was just so simple. After all these "I'm dying let me tell you my life story and give you my last words" deaths or the "slow motion poetic beauty" deaths, to see such a fast "bang - topple over dead" death was a little astonishing.
- Wolfwood. Poor guy. Poor Milly. Too bad he didn't drag himself to a hospital instead of a church...

dheu
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2002, 09:44 PM   #21   [permalink]
ClefFSChan
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to ClefFSChan
The best death was from Magic Knight Rayearth

SPOILER:

Emeraude- I...I...I WANTED YOU TO KILL ME MWHWHAHAHAHA...then Hikaru, Umi and Fuu, stuck a sword through her stomach, and goodnight princess emauraude

End Spoiler
Old 19-09-2002, 05:57 PM   #22   [permalink]
NeneMaxwell195
Executive Member

Spoilers

I agree with DarkMagician, Guld's death in Macross+ the Movie was awsome, of all the deaths in any program I have seen on TV, Movie or Anime that was the ultimate and sadest. What hapend to him and his body and what he had to do to defeat that ghost fighter, and in some ways it seemed meaningless. I am still amazed by it, it really takes your breath away.
NeneMaxwell195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2002, 03:40 AM   #23   [permalink]
EbbieMay

Send a message via Yahoo to EbbieMay
SPOILERS

The most traumatizing death for me would have to be Nuriko's from FY. It was the first anime death I saw (back in the day), but I was so depressed that I stopped watching the series for a few weeks. Pathetic, ne? He was my favorite. The other deaths were just as heart wrenching (Chiriko asking Tasuki to kill him *shudder*), but I wasn't prepared for Nuriko.

Other note worthy deaths... as not to repeat any....

Bakuretsu Hunters... also gut-tearing. And so wrong. Marron, Gateau, Tira, and Chocolate all sacrifice their lives to save Carrot. All the while Zaha proceeds to destory them one by one as he ridicules them. Then to make it even more gruesome, he impales each one high in the sky and turned them into grisly statues around a traumatized Carrot. Marron got it easy, he was already dead when his stake popped up.

Carrot's screams of pain (especially in the Japanese version) just ripped you apart, and I was bawling by the time Tira died. By the time Big Momma killed herself, I was just too stunned for words. Once the finale showed up, I was so happy that everyone was brought back to life that I forgave them for the cheesy @$$ ending.

There are more, I'm sure, but my brain's not bringing them to mind at the moment.

"Ideas don't work unlesss you do."

Last edited by EbbieMay; 20-09-2002 at 03:42 AM.
EbbieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2002, 04:44 AM   #24   [permalink]
PenPen2
Forum Master

I can't believe no one said these... *sigh*

If you haven't finished the Evangelion series and movies... Stop reading- spoiler ahead!

The first one is mid-series... The second one is end-series... The third is End of Evangelion... So really- you can read it depending on how far you got! ^_^

The- was it 13th Angel? The one that Unit-01 went beserk on and started eating? Mmm... Tasty. It was just... Wow...

Kawrou Nagisa. Not so much the way he died... But the fact that he had such a strong impact on Shinji in such a short period of time. Well- the way Shinji popped his head off was pretty neat too... But really... Kawrou was only in one episode, Shinji became totally wrecked from having to kill the only person to give him kind words... That's some tough crap right there...

Misato Katsuragi. Come on... She got shot protecting Shinji. Then she got blown up... ...I know that's not "Oooh wow that's cool" or anything... But... Misato was Shinji's mother-type figure (Shinji's perspective)... I guess maybe I'm the only person that was slightly moved by her demise...
Old 20-09-2002, 05:25 AM   #25   [permalink]
EbbieMay

Send a message via Yahoo to EbbieMay
PenPen, you weren't the only one.

Again, if you haven't seen the movies, stop now

Kawrou's death didn't really shake me as the others. He was around too short for me to really connect with him. But from Shinji's standpoint, yeah that is pretty tough stuff to deal with.

Quote:
I guess maybe I'm the only person that was slightly moved by her demise...
Actually everything about EoE was moving, I just didn't mention it in my list because some of the deaths were debated by many. The one that really stuck in my mind was when the assistant to the blonde lady (it's too early in the morning to remember how to spell names) . . . left. Can't really say she died, but after watching her despair during the Third Impact and then being comforted by the one she cared for the most before... you know what happens.

"Ideas don't work unlesss you do."
EbbieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2002, 05:35 AM   #26   [permalink]
PenPen2
Forum Master

"the blonde lady" = Ritsuko Akagi.

"assistant to the blonde lady" = Maya Ibuki.

I agree with the despair Maya was in... It was... ...Guh... That movie was great...

*curtseys* *heads off on her merry way*
Old 20-09-2002, 07:54 PM   #27   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32
mmmmm the blonde lady.... hehehe poor thing got shot oh well
Old 21-09-2002, 12:24 AM   #28   [permalink]
aREIzing
Executive Member

spoiler................

rei's death, in the directors cut version..
Old 01-10-2002, 12:50 PM   #29   [permalink]
aznfs

Send a message via AIM to aznfs
X OVA epi 23 Sorata's death
genocide
Lee lee loo lee loo
an ocean of blood
Let's begin the killing time!
~ Vash The Stampede
aznfs is offline   Reply With Quote