Old 27-09-2002, 09:23 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
kazemakase tsukikage ran

aka Carried by the Wind

i just watched the first 4 episodes, its pretty good, although there is no centralized plot and no blood at all, but at least its better than Kenshin after kyoto arc for the technical side of things, its good to see bandai produce 'hardcore' dubs again, ever since that relationship with CN started, i never heard the S word on bandai's dubs anymore (just in case the titles get picked up by CN apparently). anyhow, good show, but a BIG mimus for not having a main plot, it gets pretty boring at times.

thoughts anyone?

btw, the show's pretty funny too
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2002, 11:31 PM   #2   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Yeah, I've seen the first 4 episodes. I agree, the lack of a central plot really drags it down.

I like the comedy and female samurai factor, but I guess I am more into dramas right now. (Strong female characters who don't wear revealing clothing and aren't automatically yuri! Such a rarity in anime.)

This is "hardcore" dubbing? I can't really remember that much profanity and such. Well maybe Ran's nearly religious infaturation with sake is more adultish. (hehe, and very funny too. Makes me want to break out a bottle )

You're right there IS no blood! I never even noticed! Pretty funnny considering there's a fight in every episode...

Overall, I like this show. But does it EVER develop a central plot or villain? Can anyone who's seen more episodes comment?

Plus, I think I'm not really picking up most of the Japanese samurai era jokes...
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2002, 10:49 AM   #3   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jennwenn

This is "hardcore" dubbing? I can't really remember that much profanity and such. Well maybe Ran's nearly religious infaturation with sake is more adultish. (hehe, and very funny too. Makes me want to break out a bottle )
its becuase bandai 'softened' up their dubs after the CN relationship, you never heard the S word for the longest time (ran says it once)

Quote:

You're right there IS no blood! I never even noticed! Pretty funnny considering there's a fight in every episode...
lol, at first, i never knew she was killing the guys b/c of no blood until somesays 'oh no she killed him!'
Old 28-09-2002, 04:41 PM   #4   [permalink]
Andrew D

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen the first 4 episodes. I agree, the lack of a central plot really drags it down.

I like the comedy and female samurai factor, but I guess I am more into dramas right now. (Strong female characters who don't wear revealing clothing and aren't automatically yuri! Such a rarity in anime.)
OTOH, it has been described as "Xena in feudal Japan", which in itself gives a strong possibility of Yuriness
Andrew D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2002, 08:33 PM   #5   [permalink]
Takeshi-chan
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Takeshi-chan Send a message via MSN to Takeshi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Takeshi-chan
im not very familiar with the series, but im gettin a little interested now... and if its on CN, i'll probably watch it anyway...even if i dont like it. i have a habit of watching shows i dont like....lol
Takeshi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2002, 08:37 PM   #6   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Takeshi-chan
im not very familiar with the series, but im gettin a little interested now... and if its on CN, i'll probably watch it anyway...even if i dont like it. i have a habit of watching shows i dont like....lol
no its not on CN, i was just saying how bandai softened up their dubs after they built their relationship with CN. this series is like Rurouni Kenshin-only with girls, so if you liked kenshin, you'll probably like this one too
Old 01-10-2002, 09:11 AM   #7   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

While I've only seen the opening of Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran I have read about it on AnimeOnDVD.

It's a parody of the old samurai movies that were in japan which featured the lead samurai killing people and because he is so 'skilled' he leaves no blood when he kills them. Or for a proper explaniation of why they do that because having blood would blow out the special effects budget.

Hence Ran carries on with the tradition it parodies and there is no central plot all 13 episodes are like the first 4.

Also Ran is the return of Animaze to a Bandai anime, I think the last one was Gundam 08TH MS Team.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:59 AM   #8   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
Or for a proper explaniation of why they do that because having blood would blow out the special effects budget.

Hence Ran carries on with the tradition it parodies and there is no central plot all 13 episodes are like the first 4.
Cheapo effects, haha.

So they're all random episodes? Maybe I won't bother finishing this, its not that funny. But I can't just end mid-series its feels so wrong...Ok I'm gonna seek out the rest.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:13 AM   #9   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Cheapo effects, haha.

So they're all random episodes? Maybe I won't bother finishing this, its not that funny. But I can't just end mid-series its feels so wrong...Ok I'm gonna seek out the rest.
same here. i doesnt feel right when you have one volume when you know theres 4...