Old 18-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
dez1982
Banned

Question fist of the north star..battle between ken's oldest brother & Ex-bestfriend left out?

Hi i just watched "fist of the north star" (english dubbed version)...plot was a little thin but the graphics were okay ...really...bloody...

anywayz i had a litte question

In the story we see Ken's oldest brother (the guy with the horned helmet on the horse) marching with his army to the palace of Ken's EX-best friend (the guy who almost killed Ken and took his woman)...somehow Ken's oldest brother manages to get behind enemy lines right into the palace chamber...
and it looks like we'll get to see a 1 on 1 fight between ken's EX-best friend and ken's oldest brother...but the scene goes like:

"i'm ready when you are"
"OKAY let's do it!"

...and then the scene changes and the fight never ocurs?...do i mis a scene from the movie here or did they leave the scene out on purpose?

(to be exact, this is what happens after the above described scene, we see Ken entering the palace and he kills of his EX-bestfriend)

i thank you in advance for your reply

Last edited by dez1982; 18-02-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 18-02-2003, 06:01 PM   #2   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Re: fist of the north star..battle between ken's oldest brother & Ex-bestfriend left out?

Quote:
Originally posted by dez1982
Hi i just watched "fist of the north star" (english dubbed version)...plot was a little thin but the graphics were okay ...really...bloody...

anywayz i had a litte question

In the story we see Ken's oldest brother (the guy with the horned helmet on the horse) marching with his army to the palace of Ken's EX-best friend (the guy who almost killed Ken and took his woman)...somehow Ken's oldest brother manages to get behind enemy lines right into the palace chamber...
and it looks like we'll get to see a 1 on 1 fight between ken's EX-best friend and ken's oldest brother...but the scene goes like:

"i'm ready when you are"
"OKAY let's do it!"

...and then the scene changes and the fight never ocurs?...do i mis a scene from the movie here or did they leave the scene out on purpose?

(to be exact, this is what happens after the above described scene, we see Ken entering the palace and he kills of his EX-bestfriend)

i thank you in advance for your reply

Actually, this is a case of insane editing ... the movie is actually a compilation of a reallllllllly long series ... and the the movie compresses a major fraction of this set. So in essense, what you have is a slice and dice from something like 52+ tv episodes ...

The episodes where Ken battles Shin is relatively early in the series ... (limitations of the movie) forced the editors to cut out a chunk of episodes to show Ken fighting RAO ... (and that was not even the true final fight between the two brothers!)

While not as long as something like DBZ, FOTNS aka Hokuto No Ken comprised something like 27 manga compilations of aprox. 6 episodes per ... and the tv series encompassed most of it.

In this case, the movie IMO is like taking 3 licks of a tootsie pop then eating it in one bite ... 1-2 hours does not do it justice.

SamIam
Old 18-02-2003, 07:32 PM   #3   [permalink]
ADdispatcher
Forum Master

Someone should move this to General and Other Anime...