Old 05-08-2002, 11:56 AM   #31   [permalink]
Suzuka

when is the CN outlawstar on? I have a strang feeling that i should just wait to borrow the un edited tapes agaon tho.....tooo bad my vcr is broken.
Suzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 04:06 PM   #32   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Still 1:30 AM Eastern Time...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 02:25 PM   #33   [permalink]
FayeFayeV
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to FayeFayeV Send a message via AIM to FayeFayeV Send a message via MSN to FayeFayeV Send a message via Yahoo to FayeFayeV
In case any of you haven't noticed...but when Outlaw Star was shown the very first time on CN....they left it totally uncut.. Swearing and all...aside from that one episode. The only reasons I can think for that is either they rushed the premiere, and didn't get a chance to edit, or they got a lot of complaints from Idiot parents who threatened to sue. So stop complaining that CN doesn't have any balls....if they didn't have any balls, there wouldn't be an Adult swim, It'd just be..."late-night foreign shows that have been americanized" Another thing, CN is pushing for less editing, It's the Censoring board of america that Busts their Onions...

I jump ROOF to ROOF and get my friends free cable.
FayeFayeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 07:16 PM   #34   [permalink]
Makoto Hyuga
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Makoto Hyuga
Unhappy I missed it...

CN showed it uncut the first time? I thought they showed it once edited, parents complained when they let things like "damn" and blood slip by, so CN went back and re-edited the series to make it even more kid-friendly. And the final edits are what they show on CN and AS. To my knowledge, they never showed it uncut, and I was there the first time they aired it. But there's always Cowboy Bebop or the box set of OLS....

It seems I apologize so much that I'm begining to sound like Shinji.

"My ship works better when I kick it"- Spike Spiegel
Makoto Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 03:25 AM   #35   [permalink]
Ferno

Send a message via AIM to Ferno
As for having CB trully uncut on CN....fat chance. CN wouldn't spend more money going back and show the trully uncut version of CB. It doesn't want to waste time with goody-goody people that comlplain about some minor swearing or blood.
Ferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:47 PM   #36   [permalink]
FayeFayeV
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to FayeFayeV Send a message via AIM to FayeFayeV Send a message via MSN to FayeFayeV Send a message via Yahoo to FayeFayeV
the only real edit i saw when it first aired was Melfina's swimsuit thingy...I whimpered at that...it reminded me of Tenchi muyo!...But they allowed quite a bit of stuff to slip by..."Yes, you do, you lying bastard!" I remember that..and and...well, yah. I was suprised at them for showing it..but i was also proud..until they re-edited it. heh..I figured they'd show the toonami version on ASA though i was hoping they wouldn't. But, they probably only have that copy still lying around....but if adult swim is successful enough, they'll get it right...*le sigh* i remember the days when they'd show GW uncut....i was so happy....

I jump ROOF to ROOF and get my friends free cable.
FayeFayeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 03:18 PM   #37   [permalink]
dmaf2002

Im so glad that we get the uncut versions of OLS and Cowboy Beebop in the UK...
dmaf2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 03:50 PM   #38   [permalink]
Midi surfer

Yeah baby, CNX is an ass kicker. But we'll run out of bebop and outlaw star epps on friday.
Midi surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 03:40 PM   #39   [permalink]
Suzuka

guess what?

I think that they canceled outlaw star on sat nights.. They are now playintwo eps of Inuyasha... At least that is the impression i got.
Suzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 01:15 PM   #40   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
Yes, it appears that Cartoon Network has chosen to drop Outlaw Star from the line up in favor of playing two Inuyasha episodes each week. At least for the time being. I've only been watching for a little while, but I kind of like both shows. So while it's nice to see some more Inuyasha, I'm a little disappointed that I can't see some more Outlaw Star shows. I believe Outlaw Star is a relatively short series, liek 26 episodes, right? It seems odd to stop showing it in the middle of the series; I'm pretty sure that Forced Departure show wasn't the last one. Perhaps they plan to bring it back after the holidays or something, whenever they next make a change in the programming schedule? I think I read that changes were going to happen in January, so maybe it won't be long before it comes back. If I get a VCR/DVD player combo device for Christmas like I'm hoping to, I'm going to have to consider buying shortish series like Outlaw Star on DVD to watch myself. Too bad DVDs cost so much though; I'll have to
save up for them.
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 08:11 PM   #41   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
Actually, you'll find that there are a large number of animes which have 26 episodes.

I'd really like to get the Outlaw Star DVDs. I only finished the series once and the bulk of my viewing was done with the CN edits.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:38 PM   #42   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
Really? It's not uncommon for a series to only last 26 episodes? Huh. That's only like one year of shows in the US. I would have expected more series to last longer than that. Is there a reason anime series tend to only go for 26 shows and then stop? If Outlaw Star is gone from CN now, like people said in a different thread that was moved here from the general forum, I'll probably end up buying it so that I can see the whole thing. I've only seen like 3 shows and did kind of like it. I wish I could have seen more before having to spend money on. But from on line schedules I found, it doesn't look like it's coming back within the next two months if it is at all so I guess there's not much choice.
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:52 AM   #43   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

i dont get why the UK got outlaw star uncut for the UK on cartoon netowrk, but the US Didnt for adult swim..wouldnt it have been cheaper for CN just to give their cnx Channel the ready available edited OL?

"There's a molester in your bathroom"-Oh my Goddess

"Akito! come join me in the shower!-Nadesico
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:14 PM   #44   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy
i dont get why the UK got outlaw star uncut for the UK on cartoon netowrk, but the US Didnt for adult swim..wouldnt it have been cheaper for CN just to give their cnx Channel the ready available edited OL?
The answer is quite simple, here in the US we have a pesky group called Christian conservitives who want to protect everyone from "bad things". Many "bad things" happen in Outlaw Star, so they edit them out.

The UK don't have that problem as much with those wacky Christians and annoying soccor moms and anyone else who blames everyone but themselves. So, you get the better deal.

Hey, it happened with Nadesco as well...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:50 AM   #45   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

Yes and this is also what often happens in the manga world. Since manga is usually more explicit than anime, a lot never gets licensed because publishers are afraid to market it I guess. I've seen manga get licensed in Germany and France, but evade a US license. So there you have it.

Peace. V
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote