Old 14-08-2000, 04:59 AM   #1   [permalink]
Access
---------

Send a message via ICQ to Access Send a message via MSN to Access
What is happening on Cheez TV, its all Anime, did anyone see before yesterdays DBZ episode they showed like a music video clip completely composed of Anime from;
Slayers
EVANGELION
Tekken
Metal Angel
Sonic
Crystania
Ellcia
Burn-upW
Gun Smith Cats
And some Anime I didnt reconise.

What was the point of it, are they just teasing us saying that they will never show these, hehehe we might get lucky and Slayers and Tenchi might reach Australia on Cheez TV.

"Even if you dont believe in Love, love someone"

"Paranoia is the belief in a hidden order behind the visible."

"Millions of human hands at work, billions of minds...a vast network, screaming with life: an organism. A natural organism."
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2000, 06:44 AM   #2   [permalink]
Schizm
V.I.P. Member

Yesterdays? You mean Today (Monday). I know...I was half asleep, and then I saw the army guy slam his fist down and I was wide awake....Eva (or one scene) on Channel 10! Hopefully it is a omen Considering the amount of Slayers fottage they showed, I think it may have been a taste of what is to come...But that idiot presenter did not make clear what the Hell the clip thing was in aid of.....

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Schizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2000, 07:01 AM   #3   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

yeah we want more anime on tv ... i couldn't make out what the presenter was trying to say... ... and it's meant to be a morning children's program
Old 14-08-2000, 08:25 AM   #4   [permalink]
asuka_131
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to asuka_131 Send a message via AIM to asuka_131 Send a message via Yahoo to asuka_131
Yeah, I saw that today too. Cheez TV's cool! I hope that that means that they begin to show more anime! Too bad though, I'm normally not home to watch evan DBZ

She was made from his side -
To be equal to him:
From under his arm -
To be protected by him:
From near his heart -
To be loved by him.

asuka_131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2000, 08:48 AM   #5   [permalink]
Foryth
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Foryth
Your lucky to have a chance to get some anime on TV, because here in Quebec, simply thinking about someone talking about any anime other than pokemon, or maybe patlabor and ninja scroll on teletoon, would be even less realistic than a dream. I must admit i hate my country.
Old 14-08-2000, 09:18 AM   #6   [permalink]
Access
---------

I wouldnt worry to much about not getting enough Anime, their is always somebody worse.

Americans bitch that no Anime is imported to America from Japan.
Uk and Australians complain that we dont get enough from America.
Italy Complains they dont get as much as Britain.
French complain they dont get enough as Italy... and it goes into a spiral....

You just must find your spot.....
Just everytime you hear enough ad for Pokemon, just repeat in your head "At least im not in Euthiopia, At least im not in Euthiopia" And it will all go away... Trust me!

Yeah Jade on Cheez wasnt to specific......

"Millions of human hands at work, billions of minds...a vast network, screaming with life: an organism. A natural organism."
Old 14-08-2000, 09:50 AM   #7   [permalink]
Foryth
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Foryth
The reason i said i hate my country(i should say province) is not simply for anime reasons. Its mainly because were ruled by some polititians that seem to live in another world in their head and that makes stupid laws about french in signs and boxes,they even forced video games companies to make french booklets and tried to force them to translate their games to french (now that would suck), instead of helping the people and the economy. I'm just totaly pissed off with them(like most french canadians). Sorry for the out of subject post, i just wanted to clarify that.
Old 14-08-2000, 09:59 AM   #8   [permalink]
Access
---------

move then.. lol
Theres another 500 countrys out their.

Old 14-08-2000, 10:24 AM   #9   [permalink]
I'm not a doll
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to I'm not a doll Send a message via AIM to I'm not a doll Send a message via MSN to I'm not a doll Send a message via Yahoo to I'm not a doll
500 that sound like a lot i was thinking it was more like 5
I'm not a doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2000, 07:07 PM   #10   [permalink]
Schizm
V.I.P. Member

Don't ALL politicians live in another world?

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Schizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2000, 08:56 AM   #11   [permalink]
Kirben

Cheez TV is just teasing us

I doubt Cheez TV will be showing any new anime series in near future. This is what they have planned that I know of:
X-Men repeats will replace The Littles next week and it looks like Pokemon will be repeated again starting tommorrow!!
As I mentioned earlier DragonBallZ will just be repeated again too.
Their news letter mentions Cheez TV are planning a Cheez Marathon 9am to 11.30am each weekday September 18th to 29th featuring Action Man, Digimon, Mystic Knights, Eerie Indiana and Young Hercules!
Only anime out of those is Digimon and they will have run out of new episodes by that time. Action Man is a poor cartoon which I expect will just be repeats too. The Mystic Knights and Young Hercules are adventure series with live actors and Eeerie Indiana seems to be a scary/weird kids show with live actors, at least they are new shows though.
We know Cheez TV are going to show the next seasons of DragonBallZ and Pokemon in future and I expect they will pick up next season of Digimon and the new X-Men Evolution cartoon too when they are done. That could fill up the next 6-12 months and the rest will most likely be filled in with repeats...
Kirben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2000, 03:32 AM   #12   [permalink]
Access
---------

What... X-men Evolution before Spider-man Unlimited.... sigh... SPidey is easily thr best Marvel charcter, except maybe Access..... hehehe. Maybe they should use the greatest Marvel character Access in a cartton... Unlimited Access... yeah sounds goooood.

We the fans (well at least us) are screaming more Anime... they should give us what us overaged kids should get.

Old 16-08-2000, 05:30 AM   #13   [permalink]
Kirben

I was only guessing about X-Men Evolution and the next season of Digimon considerng how popular they are at the moment, I have not confirmed those two yet.
I didn't know there was another Spiderman series, I think Cheez TV will show all of Marvel's new cartoons (Avengers, Spiderman Unlimited & X-Men Evolution) sometime in future as they have shown all of Marvel's cartoons so far. But I still think the X-Men Evolution cartoon is more likely to come first with the recent movie release making it more popular again.

BTW remember Ten is about the only Television station left showing good anime and cartoons. Seven dropped their main cartoons show (Big Breakfeast) and most of their others cartoons are either Disney or just repeats. Nine have not shown any new good cartoons lately either, I wonder if they lost the rights to new Warner Brothers cartoons since they still have not shown Batman Beyond, it is only on Pay-TV.

[Edited by Kirben on 16-08-2000 at 07:36 PM]
Kirben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2000, 09:18 AM   #14   [permalink]
fireguy
---------

Send a message via ICQ to fireguy Send a message via AIM to fireguy
Yeah it is a shame that Cheez TV isn't showing some other anime series during the DBZ and pokemon down time instead of showing repeats.
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2000, 04:23 AM   #15   [permalink]
Access
---------

What could they show? That suits the audience and would be successful... just curious,
I am thinking Tenchi, Slayers, Ranma1/2 Anyone suggest others that would be economically feasiblefor channel ten?