Old 01-05-2001, 10:06 AM   #1   [permalink]
random1377
Forum Elite

Location: In a dark, angsty corner, loathing myself for all my failures.
Send a message via ICQ to random1377 Send a message via AIM to random1377 Send a message via Yahoo to random1377
Nadia, the secret of blue water?

Is this anime any good? Also, what exactly is it about and how many eps is it?
Old 01-05-2001, 04:08 PM   #2   [permalink]
Asuza_chan
Forum Addicted

Well, it is a classic, and I hear very good things. Plus it was done by Ganiax, right? So it has to have some good points.

"I used to get high on life, but I built up a tolearnce to it eventually."
Asuza_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 04:42 PM   #3   [permalink]
Mikomi
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Mikomi Send a message via AIM to Mikomi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikomi
It's some years ago since I last watched it but Nadai - The Secret of Blue Water is really, really good. I've just been looking through the TV files in one of my anime magazines and here's some interesting info.
The series has 39 episodes and was published in 1990. The japanese name is Fushigi no Umi no Nadia, which means Nadia from the sea of secrets. Yoshiyuki Sadamote (design) and Hidaki Anno (story) also belong to the EVA team. But now to the story itself.
Paris, 1888. The young inventor Jean wants to take part in the flying competition at the world fair, with his selfmade flying machine. By chance, he meets with Nadia who is chased by thee strangers. With the help of his flying machine, Jean can rescue her from the strangers who are after her blue gem which is name Blue Water. Over the ocean both crash and suddenly are in the middle of the greatest adventure of their life which leads them on board of the legendary submarine Nautilus, in absorbed citis, on tropical islands and on the tracks of the secrets of Atlantis, the UFOs, of Noah's arch, of Blue Water ..... and Nadia herself.
Translated from the German Anime magazine, AnimaniA.
Mikomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 05:49 PM   #4   [permalink]
random1377
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to random1377 Send a message via AIM to random1377 Send a message via Yahoo to random1377
Sounds really good.... I heard the ending was.... vague. Is that true? (unresolved issues, and what not).

Now I'll have to find some eps... <starts looking around>
Old 01-05-2001, 06:24 PM   #5   [permalink]
Mikomi
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Mikomi Send a message via AIM to Mikomi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikomi
I cannot remember everything as I last watched the series about three years ago. From what I can remember the ending solved anything. It can be that some minor parts were unsolved but I'm not sure about that.
Btw, the series is going to be re-released on DVD soon. And when you're looking for the VHS version you can go to AnimeNation.
Mikomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 08:20 PM   #6   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
its really good, the nadia opening is my favorite of all time, just get it on vhs, the whole series is on 4 volumes subbed(9-10 eps each tape i think and costs $20) opposed to the $30 dvd that only has 4 eps.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 03:35 AM   #7   [permalink]
DraniX
Forum Master

Talking MY FAV!!!

Even Eva can't measure up to this, I promise!!! This is by far one of the best stories ever told, even since the original 2000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the visuals are excellent. Nadia is the sexiest heroine EVER, and Jean (spelled right?) is a great guy, real outgoing and brave/confident/optimistic, not like Shinji (the wimp) in Eva...If u haven't seen Nadia: SOBW, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL are u waiting for??? You'll have a worthwhile experience, to say the least...
"Disgusting."
DraniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:44 AM   #8   [permalink]
random1377
Forum Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatal Outlaw
its really good, the nadia opening is my favorite of all time, just get it on vhs, the whole series is on 4 volumes subbed(9-10 eps each tape i think and costs $20) opposed to the $30 dvd that only has 4 eps.
Where did you find that? Everywhere I've found it it has 4 eps per tape....