Old 23-06-2001, 01:05 PM   #31   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
Quote:
Originally posted by kaji
are you talking about building a comp from complete scrach, ie. make the mobo urself with a guide or buying mobo's, cpu's and cards and pluggin them in instead of making THE cards...
Well, since I failed Godly Chip Fab 101, Insane Intricacies of Integrated Circuit Design 305, and all my Electrical Engineering courses...yeah, I think we're talking about buying pre-fab products and hooking them up togther.
Old 23-06-2001, 11:28 PM   #32   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by 928GTS
I say we go out and bomb Comcrap(Compaq)because they NEVER have made a SINGLE gaming PC,And then bomb Gateway...The list goes on
I agree... all their stuff is proprietary!... (at least the systems I worked with anyway)... couldn't do major enhancements... they have a really non standard motherboard/pci bus daughter board arrangement that screws up case transplants! The PCI boards are affixed to this daughter board and are parallell to the mobo!

... but it could be that this only applies to their business lines of comps...

SamIam
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2001, 04:24 AM   #33   [permalink]
omae o korosu
Forum Junkie

Quote:
I say we go out and bomb Comcrap(Compaq)because they NEVER have made a SINGLE gaming PC,And then bomb Gateway...The list goes on
not even that they didn't make a gaming machine, its more like they make computers that don't work.

do you still have to buy compaq parts for a compaq computer? you used to have to do this, but i am not sure anymore. that and there is no reset botton, and the power doesn't turn off when you hit the power botton. so when your comp freezes, you have to pull the plug. (found that out when i was trying to fix one, i dont remember what was wrong with it).

dont even get me started on gateway...
"i am yet, another resource consuming child in an over populated planet, raised to an alarming extent by madison avenue and hollywood, and poised with my cynical and alienated friends to take over the world when your old and weak!"
-- calvin

proud member of the R-O-C-K-T-H-E-M-U-L-L-E-T club. is this still going on?
omae o korosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2001, 07:33 AM   #34   [permalink]
Forsteen

I've known two individuals that have bought compaq and both had modem problems. They use lowend cheap pieces of crap. If you're gonna get a 56k modem get the 3Com U.S. Robotics. They are the most dependable for the money. The problem with prebuilt ones by companies is that you void the warrenty when you open the case. Another plus for the "build your own" computers.

Law of Probable Dispersal
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
Forsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2001, 11:00 AM   #35   [permalink]
kakerjak
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to kakerjak Send a message via AIM to kakerjak
I've got many friends that have cought comcraps.. i don't think even one of them didnt get sent in for repairs in the first year..

Down with comcrap!!!!! *gets the nukes*
kakerjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2001, 04:06 PM   #36   [permalink]
3rd Child
Forum Addicted

Well well... I've a oc'd duron 700@900. Pretty proud of it, self build and pretty proud of it.

Oh, you people must know about the hot line which went from USA to Russia? Well after some research me and couple of my pals found out that the line goes almost under our houses... And since it is out of use, it is legal to dig it up and do whatever you want to do with it. So we're going to buy couple of amplifiers, dig up that line and set up a LAN through it.

Nightwish - A return to the sea
3rd Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2001, 08:18 PM   #37   [permalink]
bloodgod
Forum Master

Quote:
Scumbag anyway...
bloodgod is offline   Reply With Quote