Old 13-05-2001, 12:56 PM   #1   [permalink]
SSJ Kenshin X

Send a message via AIM to SSJ Kenshin X
*Spoilers* The Ending of KareKano

Please don't continue unless you have seen all of karekano!

---

Ok, borderline.

---

Personally, i thought the ending was shabby, but ok. It left an impact on me, but not so much, because i expected so much more.

Now, as we reach the end of kknj, we see Arima's weakness. He really hates Tonami. He is very possesive of Miyazawa, and is in internal conflict due to this. We see that Asaba is not the shallow pervert he seems to be, but a really caring friend for Arima, telling Tonami were he belongs.

The part of the ending that really stuck to me was when Arima noted to himself: "She could go on without you, but you can't go on without her." It shows how dependent Arima is on Miyazawa. He can't go on without her anymore.

Any other thoughts on kknj?
The Hitokiri Battousai strikes again...
-----
SSJ Kenshin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2001, 01:04 PM   #2   [permalink]
Tsukasa

Send a message via AIM to Tsukasa
the anime ended before the manga. thats why it seemed unfinished. just like kenshin didnt have the revenge arc because the anime ended before the manga. they just ran outta content. i heard they are going to continue the series.
Old 13-05-2001, 02:09 PM   #3   [permalink]
Kano Miyazawa
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tsukasa
the anime ended before the manga. thats why it seemed unfinished. just like kenshin didnt have the revenge arc because the anime ended before the manga. they just ran outta content. i heard they are going to continue the series.
Continue Kare Kano?!
I wish they could, maybe like a movie or something just to give the series an actual ending. ...but the series was made in what like '98 or '99? To me it seems unlikely that Gainax would go back at this point and make and ending.
Kano Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2001, 10:37 PM   #4   [permalink]
Mika-chan
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Mika-chan
Maybe they'll make a KareKano movie...
Old 13-05-2001, 11:43 PM   #5   [permalink]
random1377
Forum Elite

Location: In a dark, angsty corner, loathing myself for all my failures.
Send a message via ICQ to random1377 Send a message via AIM to random1377 Send a message via Yahoo to random1377
<Blinking hard> Kare Kano ended? I must have missed that...

I really hope Gainax DOES do something more with Kare Kano (a movie is DEFINITELY in order here!) since it REALLY didn't have an ending.

Arima is starting to break down, Tonami realizes he loves Sakura, and they have the whole school play thing coming up.... then it's just over. all this = LAME!

If I remember correcrtly, the end of the last episode does say His and Hers circumstances will continue! It damn well better!!
Old 13-05-2001, 11:58 PM   #6   [permalink]
cloakactive
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to cloakactive
This hasn't been confirmed.... but, there is a possibitity of a second season of kknj when they hit manga book 14. Currently they are up to 10 . Anyways, while the anime was for the most part exactly like the manga, they did leave some stuff out. Personally i like the manga better, there just more content in it. But its always nice to see one of your favorite mangas turned into anime right? Ok... still sorta burned from the Anime Central so thats all i'll post.

I bid 30,000$ on Nairohe... and I've got the bruises to show for it. :lol:
cloakactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2001, 07:49 PM   #7   [permalink]
jinshil
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to jinshil
where can i buy the kare kano manga...anybody care to pm me? ugh, the ending was just so...unsatisfying...i want more...more!!!!!!

DAMN YOU GAINAX~ MAKE ANOTHER SEASON!
jinshil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2001, 11:18 PM   #8   [permalink]
cloakactive
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to cloakactive
Quote:
Originally posted by jinshil
where can i buy the kare kano manga...anybody care to pm me? ugh, the ending was just so...unsatisfying...i want more...more!!!!!!

DAMN YOU GAINAX~ MAKE ANOTHER SEASON!
http://www.sasugabooks.com/

Thats where I go to buy manga...

You could also run a search on google and see if you can find any sites that sell manga and then try them out as well.

I bid 30,000$ on Nairohe... and I've got the bruises to show for it. :lol:
cloakactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2002, 02:56 AM   #9   [permalink]
crystalle

Quote:
Originally posted by Mika-chan
Maybe they'll make a KareKano movie...
In which case, I believe an acceptable reply would be: HOSHI! HOSHI!

But seriously, SSJ is right. They did leave the series in the middle of some interesting story-telling. Arima and Yukino's relationship, while seemingly stable, seemed to become more difficult for Arima to come to terms with. Tonami and Sakura's "relationship" was also abruptly cut off, and I want to know what happened with the play they were preparing for a festival (and Asapin's dinner show, as well... )!
crystalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2002, 01:36 AM   #10   [permalink]
Bleed
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Bleed Send a message via AIM to Bleed Send a message via Yahoo to Bleed
i watched kare kano on fansubbed.when it ended, i was like..... was that it? so i kept fastforwarding the tape, but unfortunately, there was nothing more
i hope they make an ending coz the ending was just unacceptable.

I dared to love what i could never have.... Lord Feff
Bleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 05:48 AM   #11   [permalink]
bluemist

Is the manga already finished? Or is it still continuing? If it still does, we would not see Kare Kano on anime yet.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:45 PM   #12   [permalink]
Fireflystar
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Fireflystar
If you would like I could share some of my knowledge of the manga after the anime ended?

Plenty of spoilers

So..the festival (from what I recall) isn't that important really. It was about..I think..Tsubasa was a machine like doll (they have a fun time dressing her up) Maho was the scientist (she dressed as a guy *_*) ..what was Yukino..? Well it wasn't important really. I know they had a huge build up for it and all, but..eh..

Sakura and Tonami offically become a couple, in the later manga volumes (after high school is about to end) they decide to travel to South America (I *think*)

Kazuma leaves Tsubasa pretty soon after the anime ends, his band Yin and Yang becomes very popular. The entire time he's off making himself known, Tsubasa is enraged that he left her. She feels he's the one who finally opened that "door" inside her to her true self, but he left her just like everyone else has. Kazuma didn't say so..but he's deeply in love with Tsubasa, he names his first c.d. after her, and dedicates his cover to the song "You light up my life" to her. He invites her to one of his concerts..and she watches him sing and forgives him immediately. After the concert..

BIG SPOILER

He asks her to marry him!! She says yes! hehe but then adds (Can step-sibilings get married? ^_^ Near the end of high school, Kazuma's band is very popular (did I mention he drops out..?) and Tsubasa decides she doesn't need to go to college because her fiance is so famous. heheh. She does modeling for some of his c.d. covers.

Maho is actually really nice towards the end of high school, she's popular and really pretty now. She remains dating her older boyfriend, but he's however moved to NY to do some..dentistry schooling..I think.. She has plans to see him in NYC for Christmas ^_^

Yukino and Arima are still a couple at the end of high school, but they have decided to go to different colleges. ( I actually don't remember much about those two!! They did this whole Tsubasa/Kazuma story arc..but I wasn't able to see the manga after "As Time Flows On..") Umm..I remember Yukino being proud that her little sister Kano made it to her high school. A lot of that last act has to do with Kano and her hiding from Yukino -_-)

I'm sorry guys, but that's all I can recall at the moment. There's much concern that Yukino and Arima might break up ;_; after high school. Maybe they should..after all, what's boyfriend/girlfriend relationships without break-ups??

(I was an editor for a site who translated the manga, so this is where I got the info. The manga is *wonderful* it's too bad the scanlation site went dead..)
Old 12-05-2002, 12:50 PM   #13   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Re: *Spoilers* The Ending of KareKano

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ Kenshin X

Now, as we reach the end of kknj, we see Arima's weakness. He really hates Tonami. He is very possesive of Miyazawa, and is in internal conflict due to this.

Any other thoughts on kknj?
I think it is impulsive/blind jealousy, not hate. He can't stand her showing any attention what-so-ever to another male.
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2002, 01:08 PM   #14   [permalink]
whiteraven
Executive Member

Heh, I'm so glad other people thought the ending...wasn't. I was going to blame Anno - I was dissatisfied with the ending to evangelion too. The anime I've seen which he directed all end with a big buildup and no resolution. If they didn't plan to continue the anime, they should simply have left Sakura and Tonami out of it. I really disliked Tonami anyway, I felt sorry for him as a kid but I didn't like his character design or the way he acted.
The other thing that REEEALLY bugged me besides the ending was the other thing that bugged me in EVA, and that's the mixing of media. Was anyone else annoyed by the little paper cut outs? bleh. Cheap studio needs to set a slightly larger budget and pay their animators, or else make an oav, in my opinion....even sailor moon stock footage is better than that!
whiteraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2002, 10:13 PM   #15   [permalink]
ShimaMizu

Yeah I completely agree with the ending---not being an ending.

I had read up online about why it was so whacked out and not complete...and the reasoning I found for this was that they are supposedly setting us up for the next season, oh please let there be another season of kare kano!

This show really is so addictive...