Old 15-05-2001, 07:17 AM   #1   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
OVA vs. TV Series

Alright well i can practically assume that most people like the OVA better than the TV series, but i am just curious as to why you think one is better than the other.....Really i thought the series character developement was a bit better (which is almost assume for a series apposed to an OVA) but then again in the time the OVA went on, the characters were pretty developed in there as well. One thing i didnt like all that much was how they left Woodchuck hanging in the OVA (i cant even remember if they resolved that in the series....did they? ill have to go back and watch)
Recently i realizd though, that some people might like the OVA better because its a "classic" or it came first....this frikken irritates me when people do that (one of my friends admitted to likeing the first suikoden game better than the second, just because it came first) heh and although i can undrstand their view point sort of, i think the OVA and series should really be looked at in different lights, because they ARE different.....both have their strong and weak points like most anime do.

Last edited by DrZepp; 15-05-2001 at 07:19 AM.
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2001, 12:06 AM   #2   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

I like the overall animation of the OVA and the development of its story better than the TV series just a little, not a LOT, but a little.

The TV series has a good story too, and the color is really nice. I like the OVA because it really showed the First novel pretty well. You can't compain about Woodchucks predicament. How could they resolve it in the series if it was never resolved in the Novels?

The First Eight Episodes of the TV series were great. 9-14 were alright. 15-19 picked up the story a bit. 20-27 Kicked Ass. Seeing the Liberation of Kanon, the Fight between Parn and Ashram, The final battle with Wagnard and the whole Dark Island battles were all nicely done.

In the end, I think I like the OVA a bit better, but both of them rock!

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2001, 03:30 PM   #3   [permalink]
cloakactive
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to cloakactive
Animation Quality and Story Telling just seemed far superior in the OVAs then in the TV series. The OVA also captures your attention and keeps it whereas the TV series at some points tends to *lack luster* and momentum. Eh... thats how i felt anyways.

I bid 30,000$ on Nairohe... and I've got the bruises to show for it. :lol:
cloakactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2001, 02:23 PM   #4   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Quote:
Originally posted by Robotech Master
You can't compain about Woodchucks predicament. How could they resolve it in the series if it was never resolved in the Novels?
does that ever get resolved in the novels?
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2001, 01:34 AM   #5   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

No. From the timeline, we know that Karla used Woodchucks body for a total of 14 years after the War of Heroes.

On the 15th year, when the War of Kings (which had actually been building up for over 10 years) truly broke out, she had a new female body. Therefore, she ditched Woodchuck sometime inbetween Neese's (original's) death and near-ressurection of Kardis.

Woodchuck could have been ditched in some city and left there, where he continued to be a theif, or karla could have killed him. He is presumed dead by all the others I believe.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote