Old 07-06-2001, 02:57 PM   #1   [permalink]
Psycho vantis
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho vantis Send a message via AIM to Psycho vantis
Offical FLCL discussion thread (spoilers)

Since there is no real discussion forum or even a thread... I guessed I'd make it.

okay discuss away... It's got a lot to talk about.. so I think I'll finish the series before I go into this... but there ya go
Old 07-06-2001, 06:47 PM   #2   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
Just what in the hell does Haruko keep doing with that cat? It is an alien radio? Did it come with her?

Do you think Naota had Canti in his head the whole time, or do you think Haruko "implanted" it when she whomped him with her guitar?

Who wanted to see more of Kitsurubami? Meee!!!

Amarao is an Officer for the Department of Interstellar Immigration...yet he doesn't seem to worry at all about Haruko "invading" Earth the way she does.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:06 PM   #3   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I am more concerned on why the heck Haruka keep smacking that guitar on his head? I'll bet it hurts and it isn't even helping, things just comes out of Naota heads when it comes out.

Whats the deal with the ending, I am really confused on the otherwise extremly cool fight scene between Naota and Haruko. What I mean is, she liked Naota one second and then the other she turns on him. Most of the times she tries to prevent alien from invading earth and suddenly she want to flatten it like a dime.
The pirate Kings was supposed to be her lover, then why does she say that she wanted his power?
Where is Canti at the end?
Where did Naota brains go when his head turns into a interdimensional portal?
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 08:32 PM   #4   [permalink]
Kano Miyazawa
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Drizzten
Just what in the hell does Haruko keep doing with that cat? It is an alien radio? Did it come with her?

Do you think Naota had Canti in his head the whole time, or do you think Haruko "implanted" it when she whomped him with her guitar?

Who wanted to see more of Kitsurubami? Meee!!!

Amarao is an Officer for the Department of Interstellar Immigration...yet he doesn't seem to worry at all about Haruko "invading" Earth the way she does.
It seems like Naota's family has had the cat for a while...so I dont' understand why Haruko uses it as a communicator either. Maybe she implanted something in the cat's head like she did to Naota??
BTW... who is she talking to?!

I don't think Canti was always in Naota's head. I think when Haruko hit Naota with the guitar, she mad his head into like a portal for Medical Mechanica's robots to be transported through hoping that Medical Mechanica would send Atomsk to stop her. maybe...?

I never thought that conquering Earth was Haruko's goal. Wasn't Medical Mechanic the real danger? I remember Amarao saying that Medical Mechanica "razed who planets" I assumed that's what they wanted Atomsk's power for.

hmm...I wonder if my opinions even make sense?

Last edited by Kano Miyazawa; 07-06-2001 at 08:33 PM.
Kano Miyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 08:45 PM   #5   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
Quote:
Says Titan21:
Whats the deal with the ending, I am really confused on the otherwise extremly cool fight scene between Naota and Haruko. What I mean is, she liked Naota one second and then the other she turns on him. Most of the times she tries to prevent alien from invading earth and suddenly she want to flatten it like a dime.

I think she was pissed because he got the power she'd been pining for for so long. I don't think she gave a damn about the Earth, either.

Where is Canti at the end?
I think he became one with the Medical Mechanica hand...or something.
Quote:
Says Kano:
BTW... who is she talking to?!
I dunno...but I'm thinking SEQUAL!!!
Old 07-06-2001, 08:45 PM   #6   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Uhmm, didn't you see the looks in her eyes in episode 6, was actually going to level the earth for fun using Naoto cause she thought she could control him.
Actually Noata said something about the cat, that the strangest thing is that only he and haruko seems to know that the cat exist.
Old 08-06-2001, 04:26 PM   #7   [permalink]
YellerCrakka
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to YellerCrakka
here are my questions:

Okay... with the connection with Canti and Naota... how does Naota get so strong? just since he can control Canti, he gets Atmosk's power?

What was Canti making in 1-4??? was he trying to recreate his head? but he's assembling something red... don't know what... then he stops once he's caught...

What is with Mamimi having to give Naota a hickey or she'll overflow? is it just something weird she does?

and some observations:

watch for mamimi's panties on some eps... in some quick and breif scenes.. they fly off... and you'd never notice unless you look hard

okay... Amarao... he's in love with Haruko... he's exactly the same as Naota (disclaimer this is FairyBoy's observation) His head's a portal, and earler we believe Haruko had bashed him over the head a couple of times earlier to try and get Atmosk's power. Amarao is following her around trying to get her back... but to protect himself from her seductive powers he slaps on his eyebrows... or is it to keep the portal in?

anwsers:

>>>Just what in the hell does Haruko keep doing with that cat? It is an alien radio? Did it come with her?

I think that the cat was there... and somehow Haruko can just use it as a communicator. it's not really clear as to who she's talking to, I thought she was working alone...

>>>Do you think Naota had Canti in his head the whole time, or do you think Haruko "implanted" it when she whomped him with her guitar?

Canti was just transfered through Naota's head... the hitting of the gutair was to empty out his head to make it portal worthy.

>>>Who wanted to see more of Kitsurubami?

*raises hand* she's soooo cool cause she's in love with me *points at Canti avatar*

>>>Where did Naota brains go when his head turns into a interdimensional portal?

Fell out somewhere... no I just think they go away when there's a robot about to sprout

>>>Wasn't Medical Mechanic the real danger? I remember Amarao saying that Medical Mechanica "razed who planets" I assumed that's what they wanted Atomsk's power for.

yeah... Atmosk was part of medical mechnica... Haruko is following them around till she can find her lover again... she's not the one trying to destroy planets.
YellerCrakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 07:23 PM   #8   [permalink]
Kano Miyazawa
Executive Member

I agree with your answers Yeller Crakka.

As far as you questions...let me attempt to answer some.

>>>Okay... with the connection with Canti and Naota... how does Naota get so strong? just since he can control Canti, he gets Atmosk's power?

Maybe Medical Mechanica is using Atomsk's power in the form of strenghtening their robots so when Naota gains control of Canti he also gains access to Atomsk's power. (total guess...I don't really know)

>>>What is with Mamimi having to give Naota a hickey or she'll overflow? is it just something weird she does?

Throughout the whole series, Mamimi trys to replace Naota's brother (what's his name?...I forgot) with Naota. I think she really wants to give Naota's brother (damn, what's his name?!) a hickey but she just uses Naota as a replacement.

Hmm... cool observation with the Amarao thing. I never thought about him using the eyebrows to stop the portal from working but it makes sense.

Last edited by Kano Miyazawa; 08-06-2001 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:50 PM   #9   [permalink]
YellerCrakka
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to YellerCrakka
I do think that Mamimi is trying to replace Tasuku (heh that's his name)... but do you think she loves Naota or just using him to fill the gap? Naota obviously has this thing for Haruko... but he seems to be in denial about it. but he later tries to go for Mamimi cause he notices she's a little jealous. eh... personally I think Naota really fell for Haruko, but doesn't wanna admit it... he then chases after Mamimi to get Haruko outta his head... he's very similar to Amarao. URRAGH!!! stupid love triangle things!!!
YellerCrakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 02:09 PM   #10   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

In which episode did they mention Amarao having a portal in his head? As to those Eyebrowses is because he hasn't got eyebrowses, hasn't anybody notice when those things fell off his head, pretty embarrasing if you asked me, thats probably why he is hiding it.
Old 09-06-2001, 04:44 PM   #11   [permalink]
Kano Miyazawa
Executive Member

I got the impression that Mamimi is just trying to use Naota to fill the gap becasue when Naota does finally go after her, she refuses to kiss him and towards the end of the series, she screams for Tasuku (yay! I got the name!) to help her, not Naota. I don't think she actually like dislikes Naota, I just don't think she has feelings for him.
I agree with you about Naota and Haruko. I think he's in love with her but is in denial too.
Old 10-06-2001, 02:23 AM   #12   [permalink]
Fairybane
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fairybane
>>>Just what in the hell does Haruko keep doing with that cat? It is an alien radio? Did it come with her?
It's Naota's cat for sure, but I'm not sure why Haruko uses it as a communicator. On a side note, I can't believe they drew the cat's nutsack!!!

>>>Do you think Naota had Canti in his head the whole time, or do you think Haruko "implanted" it when she whomped him with her guitar?
Naota already had the potential for a vortex in his head, and Haruko just activated it with her guitar, which probably ain't your average instrument (4 strings though, why a bass?) Alarms go off at the factory every time something breaks out of Naota's head though, which leads me to imagine that that's where the robots come from (escape alarms?)

>>>Who wanted to see more of Kitsurubami? Meee!!!
Meeee!! That sniper scene was totally bad-ass...though it ended badly ^_^
I'm an Amarao fan personally

>>>Amarao is an Officer for the Department of Interstellar Immigration...yet he doesn't seem to worry at all about Haruko "invading" Earth the way she does.
What is Amarao's objective anyhow? It seems to me that he's mostly worried about not pissing Medical Mechanica, which suggests that in this world, the government is much weaker than corporations. In any case, I need to go watch ep.4 again, since that one has the most info on this topic. I don't think Naota's planet is Earth though...

>>>I am more concerned on why the heck Haruka keep smacking that guitar on his head? I'll bet it hurts and it isn't even helping, things just comes out of Naota heads when it comes out.
Perhaps she was just smacking him around, hoping that Atomsk would eventually pop out? She couldn't really get into the factory, seeing that it had no entrances, so that'd be a messy and difficult way...but it worked! (on the first try too I believe)

>>>Whats the deal with the ending, I am really confused on the otherwise extremly cool fight scene between Naota and Haruko. What I mean is, she liked Naota one second and then the other she turns on him. Most of the times she tries to prevent alien from invading earth and suddenly she want to flatten it like a dime.
She didn't REALLY like Naota, but she was damn good at seducing him for her own ends. But seeing him get the power she desired was enough to rupture any feelings she had for him.

>>>The pirate Kings was supposed to be her lover, then why does she say that she wanted his power?
They only said that she was in love with Atomsk, and didn't imply that it went both ways. Haruko seems a bit manipulative though, so perhaps she wishes to have Atomsk as her puppet?

>>>Where is Canti at the end?
He stayed with Naota and his family...though I wonder if he ever managed to piece his head back together...

>>>Where did Naota brains go when his head turns into a interdimensional portal?
Not particularily relevent...perhaps the portal and his brains exist simultaneously in the same space, or perhaps the portal distorts space around it, so that it merely obscures his brains. I doubt that it got shunted off to Medical Mechanica though...

I never thought that conquering Earth was Haruko's goal. Wasn't Medical Mechanic the real danger? I remember Amarao saying that Medical Mechanica "razed who planets" I assumed that's what they wanted Atomsk's power for.
Haruko didn't give a damn about the planet in any sort of way...but I think Medical Mechanica somehow managed to integrate Atomsk's power into Canti...not sure how closely they're related...

>>>What was Canti making in 1-4??? was he trying to recreate his head? but he's assembling something red... don't know what... then he stops once he's caught...
After Canti gets his head busted by Haruko, he spends some of the other episodes hunting through the city, looking for red shards. Seeing as the end result is boxy, I can't think of anything else it'd be aside from the backl of his head...

>>>okay... Amarao... he's in love with Haruko... he's exactly the same as Naota (disclaimer this is FairyBoy's observation) His head's a portal, and earler we believe Haruko had bashed him over the head a couple of times earlier to try and get Atmosk's power. Amarao is following her around trying to get her back... but to protect himself from her seductive powers he slaps on his eyebrows... or is it to keep the portal in?
In episode 5, Amarao tells Haruko about how he's all grown up and old enough to take out a credit card, and Haruko constantly taunts him about his attempts to make himself look more mature... Additionally, Amarao is OBVIOUSLY in love with Haruko and massively jealous of Naota... He also has a portal in his head just like Naota, so the evidence all points to the possibility that Amarao was seduced and used at a young age, just like Naota is... Those eyebrows definitely nullify the portal though; just watch his hysteria when Haruko bashes him with her guitar, and he also empathizes with Naota, and slaps a pair on him too.
Fairybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 04:03 AM   #13   [permalink]
Chikiboo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Chikiboo Send a message via AIM to Chikiboo
Do you think Naota had Canti in his head the whole time, or do you think Haruko "implanted" it when she whomped him with her guitar ?

Haruko implanted a beacon(that's hoe Amaro calls it when he look on the radar ) or a dimentional portal whit her Bass (cause it's a bass!!! but they call it a guitar !) Kanchi and other robot just past from an other world throught Naota head's ....
Everyone agree that ...

I am more concerned on why the heck Haruko keep smacking that guitar on his head? I'll bet it hurts and it isn't even helping, things just comes out of Naota heads when it comes out.

She just keep the portal open this way I think it close each time somthing pop-ou his head that why she's always smashing him.
or she's just enjoying to hurt him ^^

okay... Amarao... he's in love with Haruko... he's exactly the same as Naota (disclaimer this is FairyBoy's observation) His head's a portal, and earler we believe Haruko had bashed him over the head a couple of times earlier to try and get Atmosk's power. Amarao is following her around trying to get her back... but to protect himself from her seductive powers he slaps on his eyebrows... or is it to keep the portal in?

I think that Amarao is jealous of the capacities of Naota ... I'm ep.5 when e lose his eyebow Haruka take out a little thing out of his head .. then he cried :What so great about this kid? am I such a loser ? He was in love with Haruko but she left him like a old hag after seducing him when he was young just like Naota
And yes his eyebow seem to protect him ....

I have two questions:

What the meaning of hands-robot ??

and

Could Naota have already a special power ? (Have you notice the red sing in his front?)

and on more disturbing thing ... in Ep.6 when Haruko comes back in the Manga scene I really don't understand why does Noata's father (and his grampa too I think becauce after the manga scene his pants are droped ) shooting all the Furi kuri Furi Kuri while mastr..... ?!!!

There's only thing sure FLCL is master piece ... OTS from the pillows also !!!

ProjetAkira : You're obsession with DDR and willingness to give me pictures of a male you, have made you AB's most frightening member EVER ....

:bow: @ Usagi^.^ : Anata wa MEGAMI-SAMA !!! :bow:

now you cant deny it.
Chikiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 05:39 AM   #14   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

They thought Naota was getting some with from Haruko(Smack on the kisser or something like that) and their imagination lead them into some hentai ideas.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:12 PM   #15   [permalink]
Kano Miyazawa
Executive Member

What the meaning of hands-robot ??

I got the impression that the hands robot was sent by Medical Mechanica to activate the facory by grabbing the handle and destroy the planet.

Could Naota have already a special power ? (Have you notice the red sing in his front?)

Do you mean the red symbol that appears on Canti's screen and Naota's forehead? If you do, I thought that that was the symbol for Atomsk and appeared whenever Canti or Naota gained access to Atomsk's power.