Old 04-07-2001, 04:34 PM   #1   [permalink]
TheMattrix

Talking New Chrono Game!

Well, It seems that Square wants to further continue its Chrono series into a third game. Nothing is totally official yet, but "team Chrono Cross"(development team) is hard at work developing many script ideas as we speak. One can only imagine what to expect.

At a recent sharholders meeting in Japan, Square disscussed the possibility of possibly replacing the Final Fantasy series with something that they say "would surpass the FF series".

Could the Chrono series be it?! I sure as hell hope NOT!
Old 04-07-2001, 04:52 PM   #2   [permalink]
Zechs Merquise
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Zechs Merquise Send a message via AIM to Zechs Merquise
Chrono Cross, as good a game as it is, isn't a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger. I want to see a direct sequel, something that has a 2 in it.
Old 04-07-2001, 08:13 PM   #3   [permalink]
Majinvege
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Majinvege
i doubt any game could surpass final fantasy.

http://digital-xtreme.net
Majinvege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 11:59 PM   #4   [permalink]
Radiskull
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Radiskull Send a message via AIM to Radiskull Send a message via MSN to Radiskull
i only played chrono trigger but that was an awesome game! up there with the FF series!
Old 05-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #5   [permalink]
omae o korosu
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Zechs Merquise
Chrono Cross, as good a game as it is, isn't a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger. I want to see a direct sequel, something that has a 2 in it.
what ticked me off is that you dont find out the connection between the 2 until the very end. until then, they might as well be different games.

i dont see this game surpassing ff. not unless square completely abandons ff in favore of chrono.
"i am yet, another resource consuming child in an over populated planet, raised to an alarming extent by madison avenue and hollywood, and poised with my cynical and alienated friends to take over the world when your old and weak!"
-- calvin

proud member of the R-O-C-K-T-H-E-M-U-L-L-E-T club. is this still going on?
omae o korosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 11:10 PM   #6   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

I agree with Zechs Merquise, a real sequel would be nice. The mass multitude of various endings in that game leave the sequel open to follow any story theme really. Chrono Cross was really just a remake of Radical Dreamers with some small, thrown in Chrono Trigger elements. Admit it. This doesn't make it a bad game though. Quite the contrary, but still not what I believe most were hoping for.
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 04:05 AM   #7   [permalink]
Magnus9
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magnus9 Send a message via MSN to Magnus9
In my opinion Chrono Trigger y far surpasses any FF game although FFVI would come very very close. I hated CC and I didnt like the fact that it just stole Radical Dreamer's storyline and made it look like it had something to do with CT

Life is Peachy
Magnus9
Magnus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 08:35 AM   #8   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

This nothing will surpass final fantasy i find almost as annoying as nothing will surpass eva in anime. They have clearly been surpasses in already.

Chrono Trigger is better than Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Cross is better than any of the psx Final Fantasys.

Hope that chrono 3 goes ahead and that it becames the big blockbuster it should be
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 09:44 AM   #9   [permalink]
KamuiX
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to KamuiX Send a message via AIM to KamuiX
Well it's good to know another one is on the way, but I'm pretty sure everyone expected that. Thing is, I really hope does some kind of move to keep the Chrono series together. (Just seeing a burning Lucca picture was not enough to call CC a sequel, there was practically no tie in.)

Things I'd like to see brought back:

1) Time Travel! Alternate dimensions is cool but time travel is what made the Chrono series so special. (Or at least one of the things.)

2) Akira Toriyama's art! I really liked CC's art style, but it felt too FF'ish. Akira's art style is what the Chrono series began with, they should bring it back.

3) Chrono! Um, hello? Yeah, I'd like to see what the *bleep* really happened to everyone. Why not for once bring back a classic character and do a big tie in with all the stories?

4) The casts of both CT and CC! I'd be happy just with Chrono, but it wouldn't be right to leave out Marle, Lucca, Robo, Serge, Kid ...etc. etc. I'd love to see everyone in one game, that'd be wild.

5) The Music! I'd love to hear remixes from both CT and CC applied to the new game.

AniHina.com | http://www.anihina.com
Myu! Myu!! (It's all about Love Hina!)
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 11:47 AM   #10   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by KamuiX
Well it's good to know another one is on the way, but I'm pretty sure everyone expected that. Thing is, I really hope does some kind of move to keep the Chrono series together. (Just seeing a burning Lucca picture was not enough to call CC a sequel, there was practically no tie in.)

Things I'd like to see brought back:

1) Time Travel! Alternate dimensions is cool but time travel is what made the Chrono series so special. (Or at least one of the things.)

2) Akira Toriyama's art! I really liked CC's art style, but it felt too FF'ish. Akira's art style is what the Chrono series began with, they should bring it back.

3) Chrono! Um, hello? Yeah, I'd like to see what the *bleep* really happened to everyone. Why not for once bring back a classic character and do a big tie in with all the stories?

4) The casts of both CT and CC! I'd be happy just with Chrono, but it wouldn't be right to leave out Marle, Lucca, Robo, Serge, Kid ...etc. etc. I'd love to see everyone in one game, that'd be wild.

5) The Music! I'd love to hear remixes from both CT and CC applied to the new game.
I second all that
Old 05-12-2001, 02:03 PM   #11   [permalink]
Antioch-X
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Antioch-X Send a message via AIM to Antioch-X Send a message via MSN to Antioch-X
Chrono Cross was a pale comparison to Chrono Trigger... just thought I'd throw in my two cents

***Turn on JIS encoding to view my sig!***
Antioch-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 06:50 AM   #12   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I agree but it's still better than any psx final fantasy

that just goes to show how much i like chrono trigger
Old 29-05-2002, 06:55 PM   #13   [permalink]
Densetsu Vash

Send a message via AIM to Densetsu Vash
Just thought I would say this, hell Ive said this enough times for one day, that I think that chrono cross is the best and chrono trigger is is good too and there is not one ff game better, in my opinion, not that I am saying I dont like the ff series. If only people would play a game that doesnt have that fancy "final fantasy" title.
Densetsu Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2002, 10:23 PM   #14   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Blah! Chrono Cross can never reach the magnitude CT has! For one, the battle system for CC just didn't work for me, especially with all that elemental crap. I swear it is impossible to beat the final boss, which in my opinion, if you do beat him it is luck.

Amazingly, my friend was able to beat the final boss in his first try!! Even when I saw, I still don't believe him.
hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2002, 06:20 PM   #15   [permalink]
Densetsu Vash

Send a message via AIM to Densetsu Vash
I thought cc was way better than ct. cc's last boss isnt impossible to beat. I had more troubles with the other bosses but the last boss, lavos, wasnt that bad. Still took a while to beat though. I think the one that was the biggest pain was evil serge, or whatever you would like to call him. I had to fill up most of my element slots with recover elements x.x

Last edited by Densetsu Vash; 30-05-2002 at 06:23 PM.
Densetsu Vash is offline   Reply With Quote