Old 26-09-2001, 10:27 AM   #1   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Post Merry Christmas! Ranma 1st season on DVD coming in November!

Bradster told me this on another thread and I didn't believe him until I could verify it...

Ranma Digital Dojo DVD Press Release [08:51 PM EST]
From The Viz Video Mailing List:

THE LANDMARK FIRST SEASON FROM ONE OF AMERICA AND JAPAN'S MOST BELOVED SERIES OF ALL TIME!

RANMA 1/2, DIGITAL DOJO, DVD BOXSET

San Francisco, CA--Getting you regular fix of Ranma 1/2 was never this easy! Viz Video proudly announces the November 2001 release of Ranma 1/2 Digital
Dojo, DVD Boxset, a compilation of the entire first season of Rumiko Takahashi's wildly hilarious martial arts romance comedy! Now you can own the entire
historic first season on four disks for one low price!

Due to an unfortunate accident at the cursed Chinese training ground Jusenkyo, when Ranma and his father get splashed with cold water, papa turns into a giant
panda and male Ranma becomes a buxom young woman! Hot water reverses the effect, but only until the next time! Constantly chased by battle-happy martial
artists and lovesick suitors of both sexes, what's a half-boy, half-girl martial artist to do?

Rumiko Takahashi is the world's most popular and prolific female comic artist, with over 100 million copies of her work (Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma
1/2, etc.) sold worldwide. Takahashi recently made her second trip over to the United States to attend San Diego's Comic-Con 2000 where she spoke on a panel
and signed autographs for fans. Her works have been the basis for three long-running animated series and over eight animated movies.

Ranma 1/2 Digital Dojo, DVD Boxset is a total of 450 minutes long. It retails for $99.98 in the USA.

http://www.wildcoast.org/dvd

Preorder at:
* Viz http://store.viz.com/prodinfo.asp?nu...item=1&mitem=9

* Amazon http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...330308-2112920

Japanese studying was never so much fun,
until I get this box set!
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2001, 12:06 PM   #2   [permalink]
Bradster
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Bradster Send a message via MSN to Bradster
Now you can own the entire historic first season on four disks for one low price!

This was the best thing I've read in a long time. I was so afraid they'd pull some s**t like making them 3-episode disks so the people who don't get the box set (assuming they do get sold separately) wouldn't get a raw deal.

I'm sure the people who've shelled out for all the VHS tapes are absolutely ecstatic over not having to pay a similar amount all over again for the DVDs.

You ever been out on the road, driving to a store where you plan on buying something you're absolutely obsessed over getting- and you think every car in front of you has the same idea, so that by the time you get to the store you're practically foaming at the mouth? I think I'll preorder to avoid that this time...
Bradster is offline   Reply With Quote