Old 08-09-2002, 03:31 AM   #46   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

So it's not possible for any open minded person to not like anime?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 03:41 AM   #47   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Quote:
Originally posted by ClefFSChan

How dare that girl say she hates anime. Of course, Toonami gives anime a bad rap, But if you see the original versions of DBZ or SM, sure, you can love them just like any other anime. My advice, get that girl some medical anime attention IMMEDIATLY. Give her some Nadesico, Eva, or Escaflowne and she should be fine
Well this thread is kind of a year old so I think Bombers given up
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 04:05 AM   #48   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Toonami completely murdered my favourite animes including Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing and Outlaw Star.

BLAH! I can't stand what Time Warner did to the CN time slots for my favorite animes.

Oh and Bomber, if she hates anime that much, you can't simply push them into liking it, even though its your favorite past time as well -nyo.

As to convert people into anime...I have a trick up my sleeve and I wrote this on SUAnime's BBS...and it even left a lot of responses from everyone as well

Quote:
Kawaii No Miko's other alias Heavenly Rinoa...
I don't try to get them into anime or let alone force them into watching it. I just simply seduce them
Old 08-09-2002, 04:15 AM   #49   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

So did you actually see what happened to those animes or did you just hear what happened?

It's just that I don't think CN in Australia get Outlaw Star and Tenchi.....though we get Evangelion for all thats worh (it's only been on national tv at prime time (8:30) twice)

I don't really care what Toonami did, since if you liked the show enough you would buy it on dvd anyway and get the english/japanese version that is uncut
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 12:07 AM   #50   [permalink]
Eledhel

Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
So it's not possible for any open minded person to not like anime?

Not on an anime message board it isn't!

I don't see why people get all worked up about other people who don't like it. If people say it sucks, it doesn't mean it does. What do THEY know? And if an "experienced former anime fan" says it sucks, it's their own opinion.

If you like it and you say it's good, it's an opinion. If someone doesn't like it and they say it sucks, it's an opinion. Where I live, it's a free world; we get to say what we want (most of the time).
Eledhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 01:09 PM   #51   [permalink]
Baka unit01

Send a message via AIM to Baka unit01 Send a message via Yahoo to Baka unit01
Give me 5 minutes alone in a dark room with an anime guide and a long ruler.... ill set her straight!
Old 10-09-2002, 03:49 PM   #52   [permalink]
dmaf2002

I you want to convert someone to anime, show them the godawful Van Damme 'movie' of Street Fighter'... then show them the anime version, and ask which did thye think was better
dmaf2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 07:20 PM   #53   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

Ask them what kind of genre they like, then go from there. Anime offers a bit for everyone. Believe me, not even nearly all anime is "cheesy". You know that and that's why you're here. Toonami also cuts some of the anime out of a series just to fit it in the time block and throw in some commercials along with it. They usually cut the stuff that isn't crucial to the storyline but some of those extra scenes can help you relate to the characters more. And at other times those extra scenes are really just silly things. <== To really experience anime to its fullest you need it uncut (well for some series that is). Futhermore this fact, to some, can be just be a bit to pricey to follow. Interacting on a messageboard such as this helps you pinpoint the ones to lay you money down on.
Give it up for Animeboards!

Peace. V
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2002, 11:43 PM   #54   [permalink]
Miaka

Send a message via AIM to Miaka Send a message via Yahoo to Miaka
I would just change the subject. I don't think you can MAKE a person like anime...
The four palaces of the heavens. The four corners of the earth. In the name of sacred law, faith, and virture... I summon thee, Suzaku, guardian of the south. I beseech you to appear on earth, from the palaces of heaven. FOr the sake of those here who adore you and who await your presence. Come to us! And with your mighty power, destory all that is evil which threatens us. Save us and grant us our wishes.

Decend to us now from the heavens above!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2002, 12:18 AM   #55   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32
some ppl just need a good smack on the head and then a good lecture on why anime is good thats all

heh jk
Old 23-12-2002, 07:41 PM   #56   [permalink]
Yurimitsu

.............. hhmmmm... let me ask one question... Do you all view anime as a religion?....
Yurimitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2002, 08:40 PM   #57   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
Quote:
Originally posted by El^Presidente
I was talking to someone who thinks anime is for kids because it's a cartoon

--------!
Yeah, heh, my eldest sister is the same way...
And I've gotten her to like Rurouni Kenshin Amazing, but true.

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2002, 01:25 AM   #58   [permalink]
black_angel
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to black_angel Send a message via Yahoo to black_angel
Quote:
.............. hhmmmm... let me ask one question... Do you all view anime as a religion?....

sorta, i guess its just one of the main things in my sad pathetic life.......
Old 24-12-2002, 12:04 PM   #59   [permalink]
3line

Send a message via AIM to 3line
Re: ...........

Quote:
Originally posted by Yurimitsu
I really don't give a damn. The only anime I really look forward to watching nowadays is The Chronicles of 12 Countries. There are many many things out there that are as good or better. I just recently got into classic and art movies, so excuse me if this offends.

Nope, the form of entertainment I could not live without is metal. Wish I had a headbanging smiley, but I guess I'll have to do with this:

\m/

and ever since I came home, I've been away from my huge metal collection, so I've just been listening to Piece of Mind over and over.
3line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2002, 03:03 AM   #60   [permalink]
iwhine86

Send a message via AIM to iwhine86
I for one don't watch Toonami. I know people will think I'm crazy, saying this in here, but I can't stand DBZ. I tried watching it once but I just couldn't sit through it. I do watch Adult Swim, though, I couldn't live without it. Really, I zone out, and I can't hear, see, or smell anything else. (lol, seriously)

<~~~ me watching Adult Swim

There you go...
iwhine86 is offline   Reply With Quote