Old 07-12-2001, 11:05 AM   #1   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

The Official Scryed Thread

Having just watch most of ep one i have to say it looks interesting. It's been digi subbed upto episode 7 at the moment and some ppl have described as a thinking man's dbz, kick ass, ------ rulez among other things.

So has anyone on animeboards seen it and what are their impressions of it?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 06:34 AM   #2   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Those people who descripe it as DBZ should have their head check, thats the most stupid comparison you could ever make. Just think of Scryed as X-men on the other side of the wall or X-men done right. Nobody is flying around clueless, fighting for stupid and rather useless reason like in DBZ.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 07:48 AM   #3   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

notice i said "thinking mans" dbz in other words that takes out your

Nobody is flying around clueless, fighting for stupid and rather useless reason like in DBZ.

Because if dbz had smart they wouldn't be doing that, in that way the description is right since their alters are powerful and dbz is anime unlike x men
Old 11-12-2001, 11:14 AM   #4   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

So how many episode have you seen up to, I wouldn't wanna spoil you. Right now I have 8 eps under the belt so to speak and it keeps getting better all the time. I meant X-men as to show that all the characters have different abilities, not like every one using the same beam cannon with a different name or that thousand punch a second like E. Honda from SF2. I could have made the comparisson to Psychic Force, but sadly not many people know of this anime either. Well X-men is kinda universal by now, you either know it or your a hermit who has cut himself lose from all media and technology.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:19 PM   #5   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Only ep one at the moment

I know of psychic force, its an 4 part ova i think and might have been based on a video game.

So it gets better and better hey might as well get it them

any idea on lenght? the usual 26 probably yeah

hows anime-networks fansubbing compare to animeco?
Animeco are really slowling down lately

Though AL 18 came out a few days ago

Which rave are you getting choco fansubs? or are soldats upto ep 6 haven't been their for a while
Old 11-12-2001, 11:57 PM   #6   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Psychic force is an two part OVA, let just say it ended rather abruptly and I wanted more.

I don't care too much about which fansubs group, cause they usually do a good job anyway and their doing it for free. Though there are a few of them that I like more than the rest, Elite Fansub, Anime Factory, Soldats, Anime Empire and Anime Co. I usually get what I want and I don't care in what quality they are, just as long as I can get it, I'll worry about the quality later on.

As for Scryed lenght, I think it gonna be 26 eps, cause every one is eagerly anticipating Scryed where I download Scryed from. So the franchise is really hot, hot like within a day 20 people have the lastest episode on share. Never have I seen anything go this fast except for maybe Vandread 2nd Stage episodes.
Old 12-12-2001, 02:22 AM   #7   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

yeah scryed and vandread second stage would be "the" animes of the moment in the fansubbing scene. Though the new rk ova have attaracted huge attention whenever i said guess what i've downloading now in a channel and then said

Pretty sad seeing how popular scyred is that theirs only one person really following it (you) and one more who knows about it (me)
Old 12-12-2001, 02:44 AM   #8   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Well, we can only hope that this thread is attracting some people to Scryed. On another note, it seems that nobody on the scene knows of AB either, guess this is a select anime community after all.
btw. episode 9 has been released, though Anime-net fansubs is at time a bit hard to follow I still like it anyway.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:13 AM   #9   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

mine giving a mini review description of scryed because i don't think were said anything about what it is really not the nest way to hook newbies in
Old 13-12-2001, 06:55 PM   #10   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
ive seen scryed and i like it. i have up to episode 8 subbed. its pretty good. it makes me wish i had an alter ability hehe
Old 13-12-2001, 07:20 PM   #11   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

I think 8 might be the coolest episode yet, the storyweaver is just too full of himself and out of all the alter I like his alter ability best.
Old 15-12-2001, 11:13 PM   #12   [permalink]
AznGamer
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to AznGamer Send a message via AIM to AznGamer
Scryed has a neat touch with the Western style super powers. (side note, new RK OVA won't be publicized fansub since it was already been bought out by ADV) Now I really like Scryed's music, the intro song Reckless Fire has that Spanish guitar in it. The whole Lost Land and the native Alter people are just too cool, hell, the HOLY Alter people got some bad arse power but some of the native ones was just plain sucky.
AznGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2001, 06:11 AM   #13   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Yeah, especially the maincharacter, he just uses brute force. There is still room for a lot more creative powers though and I think the main characters power are evolving, so maybe he may get a different ability.
Old 16-12-2001, 05:38 PM   #14   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
yeah i like it a lot, im hoping that when kazuma gets powered up rather his alter coverin his arm, he might have his whole body like armor, just imagining makes me wanna scream i think its gunna look crazy and cool
Old 20-12-2001, 02:57 AM   #15   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Scyred's from the creators of infinte Ryvuis so the storyline should be quite good.

sidenote: shouldn't you tell the ppl in the rk forum that even though we have discussed the new ova already.

sidenote 2: the Kenshin and JinE fight rocks much better than the tv series version