Old 26-04-2002, 08:06 PM   #106   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Capturing works for me even with full acceleration, never tried without though, that is probably because I am running windows2000 pro, that why I wonder why people are always having difficulties with capturing scenes.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2002, 10:48 PM   #107   [permalink]
Snake Eyes

I was talking about the full body shell Bullet. As for capturing, I am running Windows XP pro, and tried to get a screen cap with Microsoft Paint. It isn't the best program, but I am in between my un-installation of photoshop 6 and my installation of 7 right now =(
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2002, 11:15 PM   #108   [permalink]
akaflakes
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to akaflakes
just sorta a rant. Im stuck on episode 21. grrr. I do really like scryed. although some parts of the plot were easy to guess its not a bad series
akaflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2002, 01:42 AM   #109   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Spoilers should be marked.

I actually felt the ending, the last episode, was very appropriate. Throughout the whole series, ever since Ryu-hou and Kazuma had their first encounter, they had a love/hate type relationship going on (more hate than love, of course).

The "true" ending of the last story in Scryed would be ep. 25. I think the final match between them was to show that, even with common enemies, they are truly enemies, or rivals if you will, to each other even in the end.

Plus, them showing Kazuma's arm go up after they knocked each other out makes me believe that Kazuma won. The question "who is stonger?", one that was always present throughout the series, was finally answered in the final minutes. I thought that was great.
Old 27-04-2002, 05:37 AM   #110   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Kazuma in full body alter form, again if you don't want to be spoiled then don't open the attachement.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg kazuma_charge.jpg (74.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 27-04-2002, 05:42 AM   #111   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Here another one for Kazuya
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg kazuma_pissed.jpg (65.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 27-04-2002, 05:46 AM   #112   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Tribute to aniki, atleast I hope his arms fall to motionless doesn't mean what I think it was. I mean they left the ending open for another season probably, I just want my fav character to be there when that happens.
Old 27-04-2002, 05:47 AM   #113   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

damn, forgot the attachment.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg straight_cougar.jpg (39.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 29-04-2002, 07:25 AM   #114   [permalink]
akaflakes
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to akaflakes
I just finished watching the last episode. Very good series and I would recommend Scryed to anyone. It gets a big thumbs up in my book
akaflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2002, 06:29 PM   #115   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
aniki It was incredibly sad when i saw his body go limp, i was like omg hes still alive hell yeah but in 25 when he was sitting down and nodded off i couldnt believe it. i also hope he makes a come back also if a secondseries is made.
Old 29-04-2002, 09:41 PM   #116   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

It's so annoying. First I read Scryed is licenced by ADV. Than I read that it wasn't true. Grr... which is it? (I prefer the former of course).

About Cougar:

I would love for him to be alive, as much as anyone else, but did they have to keep shooting us with cheap shots in the end? First he dies, than he comes back and dies again. Lastly, he comes back AGAIN, than goes limp which is to presume he's dead... again. Maybe it's because I thought he was such a great character that all this teasing pissed me off, but still...

It's just like what they did with Kimishima. In one of the early episodes, you see him at the end of the ep. looking like he's dead. Next episode, he's all bandaged up so he was just severely injured. I was pissed off for a few days until I saw the next episode because I thought he had died. THAN WHAT happens later on? ....he dies for real. ARGH!

Too much emotional mind games I tell ya. I still love this series though.

Last edited by oppa; 29-04-2002 at 09:42 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2002, 04:06 AM   #117   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Peeps remeber to post in this thread

http://animeboards.com/t37154/s.html

and request a scryed forum, if any anime deserves a forum, it has to be Scryed (and X TV as well but thats a diff story)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 05:59 AM   #118   [permalink]
Nagha's revenge
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Nagha's revenge
Spoiler. Amazing .. I mean, at first I thought it was just going to be 'one of those series'. But it actually amazed me.. Even with all the cliches. Scryed is just way more than the sum of it's parts !

Thought personally I thing it's a pretty closed ending. They couldn't have closed it any more without losing credibility. Plus Cougar had to die sometime, just like Kazuma and Ryuhou would soon. At the end you can see both their bodies scared from using their alters.

The last battle was also just ace. I mean I can remember when Kazuma walked away from Ryuhou in ep 25 " What ? They finally have the power and they're not going to test themselves against each other ?" And then Kazuma turned around ^^ *squeel*. Though I'm not sure Kazuya won .. I think they will always be evenly matched .. Ah well, I guess it's OST listening time.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

-- Gandhi
Nagha's revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 06:55 AM   #119   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Nagha the ending is just as open as any other anime, remember when the military trying to recapture the Island with a massive amount of alters, they say something like;"This lost means nothing, against what we will gain from observing these two, I think they still has a trump card behind their sleeves"
Old 01-05-2002, 11:12 AM   #120   [permalink]
Nagha's revenge
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Nagha's revenge
Haha .. TK, you're getting predictable in your old age old man.

Then tell me this. If it is as open as "any other anime" and those other anime's didn't have sequals. Then you could say -in anime terms at least- that the ending is closed.
Sure there is a possibility that the story will continue, but it's the same as any other anime. It's the standard failsafe if the series proves popular and everyone who worked on it would possibly, maybe want to make another series or OVA. But the ending in itself wraps up every single loose end other than that one.
The whole 'trump card' thing is just an apropriat ending but that alone does not lead me to believe that there definatly will be more of Srcyed. (Hell, if you take some series into account an open ending doesn't mean there will be a second series )

What I'm saying is that they gave the audience as much closure as they could without screwing the ending over royally. So it is closed.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

-- Gandhi
Nagha's revenge is offline   Reply With Quote