Old 01-05-2002, 12:39 PM   #121   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I like the ending as it is and I don't actually want to see a sequel, cause that will screw things "royally".
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 06:54 PM   #122   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Yea, as much as part of me wants a sequel solely because this series was so good, I would prefer it to be left as it is.

I loved the way Scryed ended. One of the better endings I've seen recently. Instead of blatantly telling us, it's easily insinuated that....

Kazuma and Ryu-hou will continue fighting on no matter what the mainland sends them. Their rivalry will keep flaring. They may be fighting the same cause, but they will always be enemies. Mimori hasn't lost hope in Ryu-hou and Kanami will always follow and be there (and vice versa) for Kazuma.

Anything more and it'd ruin the ending. Plus, and I'm satisfied with this, I still believe that....

Kazuma won out in the end since you see his fist go up right before the credits. Or somewhere abouts that. It puts my mind at ease as to who is better.
Old 01-05-2002, 09:49 PM   #123   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
hmm maybe a short ova at least when all of them are reunited well i kinda think thatd be nice, nothing big maybe 3 episodes or so.

about shirece (sorry if i spell her name wrong ) i felt that she had the most nicest and beautiful alter i have ever seen through out the series. we all know everyones alter's looks tuff but that angelic like alter really suited her. im just sorry that she sacraficed herself for ryhou. it was very sad to see her go and it was a rare site that we saw her true alter. overall it was nice and i thought that her alter was just incredible
Old 01-05-2002, 11:44 PM   #124   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Yea. I was shocked (well, as shocked as I could be after witnessing how jacked this anime turned out to be) when Shireece sacrificed herself. It was just too sad. She gave her life for a good cause, I suppose, but I really didn't think she deserved a death. Of course, I can say the same for Kimishima. Man, now I'm feeling all emotional again. bah.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:17 AM   #125   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

You forgot all about Martin Sigmar, now that is the most noble sacrifice of all. He knew using his alter is fatal to him, but to help Ryuhou attain a level he couldn't reach on his own, so he gave Ryuhou a push in the right direction. This also explains why he looks so much older than the rest of the alter users and why he never used his ability. At first I thought he was just another puppet to the mainland turns out he is one of the greater character in the story.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:55 PM   #126   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

yeah that was sad also, i thought he was the person who controlled that special alter that ryhou and kazuma hate
Old 06-05-2002, 12:06 PM   #127   [permalink]
Bleed
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Bleed Send a message via AIM to Bleed Send a message via Yahoo to Bleed
ummm... is Scryed on VCD on ebay worth buying?

I dared to love what i could never have.... Lord Feff
Bleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 07:28 PM   #128   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

well it seems really suspicious, i think its better not to. from others there usually fansubs burnt onto a cd and you get ripped plus youd help some fool earn cash for selling subs he didnt do
Old 08-05-2002, 10:57 PM   #129   [permalink]
thedarkmarine
Forum Master

*Skips in*
Now I'm in this thread!
I'm now spoiler proof!

That was one fun series. All pure fun. Heck that was fun. Anyone wanna tell me what the hell "Scryed" is though?

Ep 26 was just insane.
thedarkmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 04:31 AM   #130   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

What do you want to know about scryed?
Old 09-05-2002, 07:21 AM   #131   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I think TDM want's to know what the word "Scryed" means.

Although I couldn't find any "official" definitions for it, I've always thought it meant something along the lines of "carved."

For instance:

"I scryed my name onto that rock over there using this pick."

Something like that. It's wierd. I always assumed it was a "real" word but of the 7 dictionaries I checked on (5 online and 2 at home), not one of them contained the word.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:45 AM   #132   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

I tried looking for scry in the dictionary and it said, Scry (scried probably what the makers meant) - the ability to see or predict the future through a crystal bal.
Though there isn't much of a crystal as it is more of a crystaline demension, I think it also has to do something about Kanami ability to predict the future in her dreams.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:17 PM   #133   [permalink]
akaflakes
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to akaflakes
hey that Kanami line was a semi spoiler u know. although anyone with half a brain could of guessed what she was.

SEMI SPOILER alert ahead

I thought that she could just feel the emotions of Kazuma and later on Ryoho in her dreams. or was it her alter power to enhance their emotions through her dreams thus making them more powerful. they never did really tell u what her powers were.
akaflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 07:15 PM   #134   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Well, when Muyou tap into Kanami's powers to see into the thought of Ryuhou and Kazuma, to see what they where planning.(like gazing into a crystal ball to see what is gonna happen next, I know its a bith farfetch, it is still anime you know.)
Old 10-05-2002, 08:21 PM   #135   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I thought it was a bit obvious what the powers WERE although they didn't specify exactly what those powers DID.

She can "connect" with other people's subconscious minds. Basically, she can "feel" what the person she is connected with is feeling. All those dreams she had up until the end of the series was about Kazuma. She would "dream" what he was feeling at the moment.

Ultimately, it seems her power would be to know the exact feelings, and even intentions, of a person without dreaming... just like (the final boss guy, his name eludes me right now) did while "using" her. He was able to know exactly what Ryu-hou and Kazuma planned and what they were going through, emotionally. In this ultimate stage, I believe she can "connect" with anyone at will.

Think telepathy but with just emotions.