Old 11-12-2001, 11:12 AM   #1   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Brain Powered

"Brain Powerd" was developed by the creator of the Gundam series as a "rebuttal" to "Shin Seki Evangelion".

Well anyone seen it?

I know the musics better than NGE anyway because yano kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Vision Of Escaflowne, Macross Plus need i say more) did it
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 10:22 PM   #2   [permalink]
suzaku
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to suzaku Send a message via AIM to suzaku Send a message via Yahoo to suzaku
i have seen it and i love it...

you're right...Brain Powerd was created by the same creator who developed Gundam and Brain Powerd is under the copyright of Sunrise (a Bandai company)
Old 12-12-2001, 03:09 AM   #3   [permalink]
Buray

Talking

I haven't seen it, but I've read some reviews saying that it's a joke compared to Eva. I dunno really, but the music is probably better than Eva's. All hail Yoko Kanno!
Buray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 03:26 AM   #4   [permalink]
suzaku
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to suzaku Send a message via AIM to suzaku Send a message via Yahoo to suzaku
hai hai

all hail Yoko Kanno!!!
Old 12-12-2001, 05:17 AM   #5   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

I really rather enjoyed Brain Powered. It's a pretty slow anime to watch. But i really had fun watching it. I didn't much care for the character designs, but I really like the mecha designs. And Orphan was just...wow. I say it's best described as Eva crossed with spriggan....kinda.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:04 AM   #6   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Buray
I haven't seen it, but I've read some reviews saying that it's a joke compared to Eva. I dunno really, but the music is probably better than Eva's. All hail Yoko Kanno!
Thats a problem some ppl can't enjoy an anime for what it is an have to compare it to <insert animes>.

Yono Kanno Yono Kanno

Why doesn't she admit shes gabrille robin it doesn't make any sense buray?
Old 12-12-2001, 09:57 AM   #7   [permalink]
Buray

Hehe I think it's to keep a sense of mystery, keeps things interesting for Kanno fans. Its her alter-ego. So its like she's a Clark Kent who's Superman or Bruce Wayne who's Batman. So gives fans something to think about. It's as if she knows something u dont.
Buray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2002, 10:18 AM   #8   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

THe opening song for this rocks^^

Also the dvds for this are about to hit the streets (quite a good deal) so some ppl should be seeing this series.
Old 29-05-2002, 10:37 AM   #9   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Re: Brain Powered

Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
"Brain Powerd" was developed by the creator of the Gundam series as a "rebuttal" to "Shin Seki Evangelion".
Hate to disappoint you but Brain Powered was NOT created as a rebuttal to Eva. I have an interview with creator Yoshiyuki Tomino where he says that he had already been making the series when Eva came out, and knew the comparisons would be there. He then goes on to state that he never made this as a response to Eva, it just happened to come out around the same time hence the comparisons.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2002, 02:11 PM   #10   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
I've never seen it (not yet, anyway ), but from what I've heard about it, it definitely sounds interesting. Will definitely have to see it sometime.

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2002, 03:39 AM   #11   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Re: Re: Brain Powered

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira
Hate to disappoint you but Brain Powered was NOT created as a rebuttal to Eva. I have an interview with creator Yoshiyuki Tomino where he says that he had already been making the series when Eva came out, and knew the comparisons would be there. He then goes on to state that he never made this as a response to Eva, it just happened to come out around the same time hence the comparisons.
One notice the quotation marks, another is i have never called evangelion "Shin Seki Evangelion" before and also I made this thread ages ago.

Two, Evangelion came out in 1995, Brain Powered 1998.

Three it's annoying that this series can somehow be (in some people's eyes) a rip off of evangelion when Tomino himself created the genre with Mobile Suit Gundam.

Four, When Tomino saw Evangelion he apprantly was very very pissed off since he was working on BrainPowered.

Five the opening theme song ------ rocks
Old 21-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #12   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
I'm almost finished with Brain Powerd. It's not bad, but it has many flaws. I think once Baron Maximillian came into the story it got more interesting. It's kinda hard to understand what's going on sometimes. I like the character designs. The fighting sequences were very dry, but I'm not very picky about that.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote