Old 26-12-2001, 11:10 AM   #1   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
Hentai, Ecchi and Fanservice.... where do you draw the line?

Just where exactly do you draw the line when you see a peice and classify it as Hentai, Ecchi or Fanservice? Let's go ahead and lay down the rules as to which kind can be posted without offending people.

I honestly dont mind seeing naked pictures though I'm not sure where to draw the line when it is actually either disturbing or offensive to other people.There's a few posts around here that are of this nature which i believe deserved an audience... but due to the content has to be censored or thrown completely into the trash bin.

So how bout it? let's talk. ^_^

Last edited by Nairohe; 26-12-2001 at 11:17 AM.
Nairohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2001, 11:21 AM   #2   [permalink]
Chikiboo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Chikiboo Send a message via AIM to Chikiboo
I dont mind naked pics too .... I guess it's when sexual act is expressed throught the pic ... (eg: position really ettchi... or seeing genital parts) I would consider this for light hentai ... well if it's more then you know clearly it is .... I'm not offended by this .. just not browsing hentai website ... anyways it's full of crap .... I prefer cute and romantic scene .... shojo ... and Shonen ai ;;;
Maybe some pp would consider hentai when you saw for example a girl in bra and panties ... I dont mind it's normal in animes ... when you watch anime it's normal to see that .... I dont see why pics like this wouldnt be normal ...

ProjetAkira : You're obsession with DDR and willingness to give me pictures of a male you, have made you AB's most frightening member EVER ....

:bow: @ Usagi^.^ : Anata wa MEGAMI-SAMA !!! :bow:

now you cant deny it.
Chikiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2001, 11:35 AM   #3   [permalink]
Palchan
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Palchan
If you're certain its H, don't post it; if you're uncertain it's H, do post it but say you're not certain.
If it's there the next day, it isn't H; if it is gone, then it is H.
^^;;
My akas are UTD_Paladin, UTD01 (rocks!) UTD rocks! AnimeUNSW rocks! FF6 rocks! FF7 rocks! FF8 rocks! Rufus rocks! Laguna rocks! Seifer rocks! Irvine rocks! Lord of the Rings rocks! Gandalf rocks! Ranma rocks! AB rocks! Alone in the Dark rocks! Might and Magic rocks! Heroes of Might and Magic rocks! Money (Palchan's) rocks! Jaylah_Mae rocks! Rei IV rocks! Speedy rocks! Kawaii No Miko rocks! Pen2 rocks! PenPen2 rocks! Pelrun (even though he never posts) rocks! Palchan rocks! This signatire rocks! ^^
Palchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2001, 11:50 AM   #4   [permalink]
Nulani
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Nulani Send a message via AIM to Nulani Send a message via MSN to Nulani Send a message via Yahoo to Nulani
Personally I don't mind seeing naked pics, I draw the line when it's obviously it's made to be hentai or ecchi (that'd mean that gential parts're showing or there's sexual act in it).
I think there'll always be fighting 'bout the definition of hentai - some'll say it's at the sight of panties, some say it ain't before there's a tentacle monster in it .
Old 26-12-2001, 02:44 PM   #5   [permalink]
GdsAkuma
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to GdsAkuma Send a message via AIM to GdsAkuma
Naked piccies symbolize purity an' the cleanliness of the person's will/soul/etc. ^^; an' it plays an' important part in the history of anime/manga....so why's that considered hentai? *bwink* I dun know...maybe little kids get nosebleeds from lookin' at that schtuff...@@;; *kofkoff* anyhoo, when there's sexual involvement, it should be rated NC-17 or Heavy H an' a definate no no. Well...*bwinkbwink* those have always been my views....not that I have many morals anyway...^^;; heehee
GdsAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2001, 05:59 PM   #6   [permalink]
The cruel angel's thesis
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to The cruel angel's thesis Send a message via AIM to The cruel angel's thesis Send a message via Yahoo to The cruel angel's thesis
.......Line?

Seriously, I don't really mind anything as long as there's no tentacles or very much penis in it.
Old 26-12-2001, 08:15 PM   #7   [permalink]
thedarkmarine
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by The cruel angel's thesis
.......Line?

Seriously, I don't really mind anything as long as there's no tentacles or very much penis in it.
Agreed. As long as the pic does not imply the act of sex.
thedarkmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2001, 09:18 PM   #8   [permalink]
Fairybane
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fairybane
Perverts! Perverts each and every one of you!!!
Fairybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2001, 09:23 PM   #9   [permalink]
thedarkmarine
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Fairybane
Perverts! Perverts each and every one of you!!!
Go hit puberty, kid.
thedarkmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2001, 11:10 PM   #10   [permalink]
Foxxe
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Foxxe
I use a special meter that guages whether the pic is a fan service, ecchi or outright perverted. I'm not gonna discuss how that instrument works though. Ahem.
Old 26-12-2001, 11:15 PM   #11   [permalink]
evamaker
Inactive Email Account

Quote:
I use a special meter that guages whether the pic is a fan service, ecchi or outright perverted. I'm not gonna discuss how that instrument works though. Ahem.
Oh my.
evamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2001, 02:32 AM   #12   [permalink]
I'm not a doll
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to I'm not a doll Send a message via AIM to I'm not a doll Send a message via MSN to I'm not a doll Send a message via Yahoo to I'm not a doll
Anything that I find to be of an offensive nature, that is anime and involves nudity to some extent, I consider to be hentai,

All in all I cant say I really mind seeing the stuff, as long as age limits are abound. Tho what age that is can be debated I guess, after all common anime like Eva even portrays youths as young as 14 in sexual positions.
I'm not a doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2001, 06:57 AM   #13   [permalink]
Yui_Reborn
---------

Send a message via AIM to Yui_Reborn
It's interesting that most people find nudity okay as long as not much 'genitalia' is shown, which means that you could post a picture of a woman standing upright totally naked, yet have to show a man in the same position with a towel around his waist
A totally naked women is generally considered 'tasteful nudity', yet an equally naked man is automatically distasteful. Kind of weird.

Anyway, I agree with the consensus that as long as there isn't an overt sex act being portrayed and the sex-specific characteristics aren't overly emphasized, it's fine. That's probably still a lot of gray area though.....like what does 'overly emphasized' mean?

Since logic is failing, we will have to rely on Foxxe and his mysterious 'Special gauge'
Old 27-12-2001, 07:59 PM   #14   [permalink]
meichan

Send a message via ICQ to meichan Send a message via AIM to meichan
to be honest i don't personally mind neither ecchi nor hentai, but i know there are people that get offended by it and won't post any drawings of that sort, i think full nudity is ok, as long as there is no sexual act or positions, but each person have his/hers own definition of what's sexual and what's not, so it's not that easy to say..
meichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2001, 08:02 PM   #15   [permalink]
Fairybane
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fairybane
Quote:
Originally posted by thedarkmarine

Go hit puberty, kid.
Go look up the word 'facetious', kid
Fairybane is offline   Reply With Quote