Old 07-02-2002, 02:29 AM   #1   [permalink]
Rudy Roughnight
Inactive Email Account

Mon Colie Knights

What does everyone else think of this bizzare anime? I exactly can't explain my feelings for this anime but to one thing: I swear the Main Villian is gay! But damn that chick with the glasses and blue hair is soo freakin hot. @__@
Rudy Roughnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 11:31 AM   #2   [permalink]
Larisha UDG
Banned

the main villian always seems to be gay... i watched like a half an episode of it, just out of boredom... the opening theme (whatever you call it, the beginning of the show where they show the title and whatsinstuff) and it looked semi-decent... but then i watched it and i was like (what is up with this stuff?!) but yeah, what is up with that guys head? why does he have that bandaid on it?
Larisha UDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 11:35 AM   #3   [permalink]
Junko Saotome
Executive Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Junko Saotome
I think this series is weird. I watch sometimes. I do agree, that main villian does act gay. I thought it was funny when that guy's ship blows up and the smoke is the shape of a rose.
Junko Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 12:00 PM   #4   [permalink]
tfcreate
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to tfcreate
Re: Mon Colie Knights

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudy Roughnight
What does everyone else think of this bizzare anime? I exactly can't explain my feelings for this anime but to one thing: I swear the Main Villian is gay! But damn that chick with the glasses and blue hair is soo freakin hot. @__@

Ah yes, another Gluko fan!!!! (the chick in the glasses)
Mon Colle Knights is one of the Saban hack jobs that would be great if they hadn't "Americanized" the show. Some of the things that were removed:
The romantic link between Rockna and Mondo.
The apparent romantic link between Gluko and Batch (there are supposed to be some inside jokes in the original version.)

The professor (Hiragi) is supposed to be some kind of ecchi-nut job (infact, he's supposed to be insane)

Eccentro is a parody of gays.

I can only take this show in small doses, mainly because Fox (or as I call them Sux) let Saban get away with chopping up and botching the dub so badly. They try to be funny and dumb down the show. they blew it.
TFC

Last edited by tfcreate; 07-02-2002 at 04:59 PM.
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 02:43 PM   #5   [permalink]
rascal45
Forum Junkie

Re: Re: Mon Colie Knights

Quote:
Originally posted by tfcreate

Ah yes, another Gluko fan!!!! (the chick in the glasses)
Mon Colle Knights is one of the Saban hack jobs that would be great if they hadn't "Americanized" the show. Some of the things that were removed:
The romantic link between Rockna and Mondo.
The apparent romantic link between Gluko and Batch (there are supposed to be some inside jokes in the original version.)

The professor (Hiragi) is supposed to be some kind of ecchi-nut job (infact, he's supposed to be insane)

Eccentro is a parody of gays.

I can only take this show in small doses, mainly because Fox (or as I call them Sux)) let Saban get away with chopping up and botching the dub so badly. They try to be funny and dumb down the show. they blew it.
TFC
Same here, tfcreate. I like Gluko even though she is a bit of a ditz. Yes, I heard their was one episode when Eccentro was crushing on Mondo. Also, I hate how Satan..I mean Saban screws around with that series as well as Digimon. 02 was the worst example of letting a bunch of writers fudge up a series when some of the original work came from people who worked on series like Evangelion.
rascal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 01:09 PM   #6   [permalink]
deadpepper
Forum Junkie

"Help me out, Gluko! The boss is drooling all over my monitor!"

"A monitor? When did you get a pet lizard, Batch?"

I love pointless shows. So I love MCK. I would like to see the Japanese version, though. I bet it's so much better...
Old 08-02-2002, 02:13 PM   #7   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Yet another series to cash in on the Pokecraze
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 04:19 PM   #8   [permalink]
tfcreate
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to tfcreate
Question True, very true....

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira
Yet another series to cash in on the Pokecraze
But that's the way of fads. One starts, everybody else will try to take advantage of it.

Here's a question, which of the "mon" (monster) craze games or shows came first? I thought it was "Monster Rancher," but "Poke'mon is the most successful, followed closely by "Digimon" but Who started the monster craze?
I didn't find out how to play until my nephew took my Bellsprout.
TFC
Old 08-02-2002, 09:27 PM   #9   [permalink]
Imoutofit

MCK is okay to watch once in a while. Although it's a lil weird, i get my kicks watching the villain act as fruity as he can be.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:52 PM   #10   [permalink]
Bacchi

Send a message via ICQ to Bacchi Send a message via AIM to Bacchi Send a message via Yahoo to Bacchi
I love MCK. That's why I'm named after one of the characters ^^;

Saban didn't seem to do a very good job in hiding Count Collection's (er.. Prince Eccentro's) gay tendencies. I mean, come on. A scientist from the 12th century?

I don't understand why they had to dump Rokuna and Mondo's intimacy either. But as far as I can tell (I've seen the whole series), there really is no romantic tension between Guuko and Bacchi.

.... though the doujinshi have other things to say about that. =P
Bacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 06:29 PM   #11   [permalink]
deadpepper
Forum Junkie

Re: True, very true....

Quote:
Originally posted by tfcreate

But that's the way of fads. One starts, everybody else will try to take advantage of it.

Here's a question, which of the "mon" (monster) craze games or shows came first? I thought it was "Monster Rancher," but "Poke'mon is the most successful, followed closely by "Digimon" but Who started the monster craze?
I didn't find out how to play until my nephew took my Bellsprout.
TFC
Does someone actually care for the monsters in this show? I just watch it to see what stupid things will the characters do.

Am I the only one like this?
Old 11-02-2002, 07:08 PM   #12   [permalink]
Bacchi

Send a message via ICQ to Bacchi Send a message via AIM to Bacchi Send a message via Yahoo to Bacchi
Hehe... I don't care about most of the monsters in MCK either ^_^;;
Bacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2002, 08:59 PM   #13   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I started watching this one becasue the WB "Yugi" anime thing annoyed me too much.

The MCK villians aren't all that nasty, which makes it quite cute. Especially when their leader, Dr. Eccentro is so flaming gay...

I also think the Gluko character is a riot. Something of a bimbo, but not very nasty for a villian character. Always very happy. Makes me smile.

The Professor Hiragi character reminds me a bit of Fujisawa Sensei from El Hazard

As the others indicated, series does apear to be chopped up a bit. The original is likely quite good.
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2002, 07:58 PM   #14   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
This week they outdid themselves. A total riot.

A single cat lover teacher afraid of being forever single gets transported into a magical item search which involves a kingdom of cats.

Nothing was "forced" in this episode. Everything flowed at a natural manic pace. If every episode was this good, we would here alot more about this series.

Just my biased opinion...
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2002, 12:21 PM   #15   [permalink]
ClefFSChan
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to ClefFSChan
I've only seen the dub of MCK, and it looks pretty....well lets say, strange Gluko is nice looking tho